TINYpulse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TINYpulse Interview Questions

Interviews at TINYpulse

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TINYpulse (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, and one in-person interview. The phone interview was with one of the people who interviewed me in person. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to tell a joke. I told one about Ted Cruz and got a laugh. I suppose he was interested in seeing if I could think on my feet and be comfortable in telling a story. All in all, it was a pretty good process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play a call and sell the idea of the software platform enough to schedule a demo.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TINYpulse (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, which involved writing an in-depth cover letter answering a few questions and sending in a resume. Not long after, I got an email from HR to arrange a phone interview. I responded with some times, but didn't hear anything back. I later missed a call and received a voicemail which let me know I'd missed the phone interview. I had never received confirmation for said interview (nothing in spam either, so I assume something went wrong on their end?)

Still, I managed to have the interview rearranged and it went well. It was mostly standard questions like "Tell me about yourself." After this, a second phone interview was arranged with the head of marketing. This phone call was a bit more in-depth, talking about marketing, what developments I was excited about and also asking me to critique their blog. It seemed to go well but I did ask about the CEO (due to Glassdoor reviews being critical of him.) The head of marketing was honest and said that some people found it hard to get used to the CEO's communication style and that some others weren't cut out to work for a start-up. I was under the impression there wouldn't be a very good work-life balance here.

Anyway, aside from that, the call went well and we agreed to arrange an in-person interview the next week. I received another email from HR asking when I was available. I responded with some dates and times. Then I never heard back from them again. Possibly because they changed their minds. Possibly because again I didn't receive their communications.

I didn't follow-up as after reading the other Glassdoor reviews I figured that HR mishaps are par for the course here.

Front Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TINYpulse in June 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview. The call lasted 30 minutes as promised. The interviewer started the conversation by telling me that she was more of a conversationalist interview and they were very relaxed and made feel relaxed and at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you were proud of an accomplishment and how it turned out.   Answer Question

Sales Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TINYpulse (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process started with a half-hour HR phone call with typical questions. Then, a follow-up call was scheduled with the hiring manager which is where the process immediately took a turn for the negative.

On the call, the hiring manager was admittedly disengaged (out on a walk on Elliott Bay on a sunny day). Responses from him were delayed and even interrupted by greeting passers by whom he seemingly knew. This made it hard to even ensure my end of the conversation was being absorbed. At this point it was also indicated that other candidates that were being considered had 15-20 years of experience (the posting indicated 3+); this wasn't an issue for me but still another disconnect. Even given the spaciness of it all, at the end of the conversation he agreed to move me forward.

The next step required screening over 2 hours of sales calls and providing coaching feedback. It also required a "personality evaluation" which entailed written display of TINYpulse's corporate values. I spent a considerable amount of time dedicated to constructing a well thought-out response for my submission. Again, it was indicated that I was to move on to the next stage.

At this point, the next step was sent to me via HR indicating that they would like me to come to TINYpulse HQ for a 45 minute interview, nothing more. I completely reorganized my work schedule to accommodate their availability (mid day). Upon arrival, I met with the hiring manager, whom I had previously spoken with, and he said, "go ahead and get setup in here and I'll gather everyone else." It was at this point it was mentioned that I was to be giving a 45 minute presentation to representatives from each department as to my action plan for how I would tackle the role and what makes me the most qualified. I was dumbstruck as this had NEVER been mentioned to me before. Rather than being apologetic I received a look as though I just simply didn't come prepared (again, this prepared presentation was never mentioned before by him or the HR correspondent).

Though flustered and caught off guard, I offered a number of solutions from my end. I said that even though it puts me at a disadvantage I would be willing to do it right there on the fly, or, if they could push the meeting a bit, I could sit and prepare, then deliver. We came to an agreement that, in order to give me the most competitive advantage, I should fully prepare (as other candidates had) and come back rescheduled the next day (to which I was willing to completely rearrange my work schedule). I then asked for a brief conversation while I was there to at least get a better alignment. He agreed and we took 2 laps around the block to discuss and I was on my way.

I immediately got to work on a presentation for the next day because I didn't want to lose the opportunity; I also spent a considerable amount of time on this. I received no contact later that day, or the next day and I finally had to call to see if it was actually happening, to which I was ultimately told it couldn't happen that day. We were to reschedule a little over a week out.

A few business days later I sent a follow-up email to both the HR recruiter and the hiring manager looking to confirm the date of the reschedule. I received absolutely nothing. Finally, 2 weeks later I received a generic email from the hiring manager that said that they decided to pursue another candidate.

This was, by far, the most disorganized recruiting process I have ever been a part of. I can only assume that this is reflective of the company's ability to collaborate and organize themselves. That being the case, I will move forward with the perception that I dodged a bullet. Sadly, I believe in the potential of this company's product and I would have really loved to help it grow.

Interview Questions

• Do you work with LMSs, etc.?   1 Answer

TINYpulse Response

Jul 7, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback., We take our recruiting process very seriously and followed up with you after this and had you come back in to interview. While you unfortunately had a different... More

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TINYpulse (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very in depth. One of the toughest interviews I have ever been through. It seems like they are trying to find the right person for the job (shocking!) instead of hiring for the sake of filling a spot.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite color?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TINYpulse (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It started with an email from "HR." Next was a standard call with an individual from the product team. That call led to an in-person interview.

I was given no itinerary for the interview, so I had no idea who I'd be meeting with. This is a huge deal. If I know I only have X amount of time with the CEO, I'm going make sure I maximize it. But I knew nothing.

Because I didn't know who I'd be speaking with or for how long, I never got to present my work. This is the easiest way to evaluate a designer and how I expect to separate myself. Instead, the entire time was filled with small talk and generic questions like, "What apps do you like?"

The questions and conversation made it clear they have no idea how to conduct an interview with a designer. They're looking for their first designer in the US, and it's obvious. Their entire design and dev "team" is in Vietnam. Red flag?

"HR" was nowhere to be found during my time in the office.

They were mostly nice people, but they need to step up the professionalism and general respect for people they bring into their office.

Executive Assistant/Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TINYpulse (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

It's a rigorous process that requires more interaction and commitment, but overall positive.
    *Job listing requested that you choose two of their values and give examples from past work experience in addition to application
    *Half hour phone interview
    *Timed email questionnaire to learn about your thought process
    *1-2 hour In-person individual interviews with CEO, Business Manager, and Head of HR

Interview Questions

• What steps/research would you take to plan for a company event?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TINYpulse (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

I got a call from HR after applying online. I talked to the recruiter first - initial screen, basic stuff - tell me about yourself - after this, it took them 2 week and multiple emails from my side to get back to me, the second round was a "technical" phone screen - there was nothing technical about it, but I enjoyed talking to the Hiring manager, who is also the head of product . Then they decided to move forward to onsite, and I met with three of the department heads - again it was all generic questions - nothing related to Data Analytics as such - seemed like they were not sure how to hire a Data Analyst - this was the first time they are hiring one.
    After the onsite, I send out feedback/follow up emails to the interviewers but got no response, two weeks after the onsite and after multiple emails to the HR, I got a very generic reject mail - the kind you get when your resume is not selected.
    What other people are saying here is true - they do not respond to us after the interviews and treat people who are not selected without respect. For a company that insists on establishing values - this is not how it is done.
    2 of their values are
    - Go the extra mile with passion
    - Increase communication with transparency
    No feedback emails, no proper follow up. It is just SAD to see this.
    I will not recommend interviewing at TinyPulse - waste of time.

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TINYpulse in December 2017.

Interview

The initial process was good. I had two phone interviews, then was invited for an in person interview, where I spoke to multiple people. I thought the interview went quite well and sent a follow up thank you note, but they never got back to me. This seems unprofessional to not at least alert someone that they won't be moving forward.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TINYpulse (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed recently after being contacted by a recruiter (I had applied online). Unlike every other place I've interviewed I was asked to come on-site for a 1 hour interview with 2 hiring managers before any phone screen. This seemed a bit counter-intuitive but I believe they were trying this as a different strategy to fill multiple positions. Anyways, I had my on-site interview and the recruiter who met me was very nice and accommodating as were the two people I interviewed with. I was told after my interview (Thursday afternoon) that I would hear back by the end of the week regarding potential next steps. Fast forward 2 weeks later and no response at all. I sent the obligatory "thank you" email to the recruiter immediately afterwards but still haven't heard anything back, which I think is pretty unprofessional. If you're going to ask candidates to take time out of their day and travel to your office to interview, at least have the basic courtesy to get back to them. In terms of the actual interview, it consisted of two 30-minute interviews with different sales leaders but no questions that were unusual or overly difficult.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you in Salesforce? How have you worked with procurement to sell in the past?   Answer Question

TINYpulse Response

Dec 24, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We did interview a number of candidates on Thursday, and I personally responded on Friday afternoon to everyone we had decided was not the right fit for us at this time... More