- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- United States - All Cities
- - Virginia
- - Blacksburg, VA Area
- - Washington, DC Area
- - New Mexico
- - Albuquerque, NM Area
- - Texas
- - Houston, TX Area
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
Interviews at TORC Robotics
Interviews for Top Jobs at TORC Robotics
- Test Engineer (8)
- Software Engineer (7)
- Software Engineer - Mapping and Localization (2)
- Motion Planning Software Engineer (2)
- Simulation Engineer (2)
- Safety Conductor (2)
- Robotics Software Engineer (2)
- Intern (2)
- Systems Integration Engineer (2)
- Controls Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer Machine Learning Entry Level (1)
- Software Co-op Behaviors and Planning (1)
- Applications Test Engineer (1)
- SummerPlanning and Behaviours (1)
- Senior Systems Architect (1)
- Recruiter Never Called (1)
- Path Planning Co-op (1)
- Recruting Coordinator (1)
- Software Engineer Co-Op (1)
- Devops Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer(Internship) (1)
- Director of Operations (1)
- Accounting (1)
- Software Engineer IV (1)
- APMO Director (1)
- Digital content marketing strategist (1)
- Paralegal (1)
- C++ and Machine Learning Developer (1)
- Software Engineer - Perception (1)
- Motion Planning (1)
Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Palm Bay, FL) in Nov 2021
I had a very positive experience. I was recruited through LinkedIn and my recruiter was very involved and great at keeping in contact. The overall process went as follows: Contacted by recruiter through LinkedIn > phone conversation with recruiter to identify if I am a good fit for the position > video call with the hiring manager > completed a case study to present to final interview > final interview consisted of two panels with two team members in each one for an hour. I learned a lot about the company before getting hired and the enthusiasm from every person I spoke to was contagious You can tell the company really cares for their employees while creating innovative and ground breaking software. Through the interview process, I learned a lot about how the team works and they asked lots of questions to get to know me professionally and for company fit.
- Describe a time when there were problems in a project, how did you manage that?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TORC Robotics in May 2022
Scheduled an initial recruiter screening, done through calendly. Interviewer didn't call. Asked for a reschedule, this time for a few days out, and once again the interviewer didn't call or send an e-mail.
- There were none since the interviewer didn't call.
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TORC Robotics in Apr 2022
The process seemed very organized, efficient, and positive. I interviewed with HR, then the Hiring Mgr, then 2 panels of 2. From applying to offer was around 3 weeks. Communication with HR during that time was excellent.
- I don't recall anything out of the ordinary. Each time I was basically asked to introduce myself and give a summary of my experience. I believe I was asked about times I had difficulty dealing with coworkers and how I resolved that, etc. Really just basic questions I have generally been asked in other interviews for similar positions.
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
I applied online. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Austin, TX) in Apr 2022
From beginning to end the best recruiting experience I’ve ever had. Recruiter was responsive, informative, helpful and approachable the entire time. This company values its employees and it shows by the quality and caliber of their recruiters. Top notch!,
- What is your style of management?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I interviewed at TORC Robotics
It was a 3 step process. 1.Screening call 2. Team Fit Interview - consisted of scenario based questions and problem solving 3. Technical - (did not reach this stage) Process took about a month and were super friendly and passionate about their company.
- How would you deal with a situation if the truck is not able to follow lane and is swirving.
Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA
I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Blacksburg, VA) in Mar 2022
The interview process was great. The first step was a quick phone interview with a recruiter. After that was a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. The final step was a technical interview with several engineers on the team. I let the recruiter know that I already had an offer from another company and he managed to schedule all the interviews a day or two apart and I received an offer within a week of the first phone interview.
- They asked a combination of personal questions, behavioral questions, and technical questions throughout the interview process.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Blacksburg, VA)
The process started with a phone screen, followed a week or two later by a “culture/fit” interview, and then a technical interview one week later. I think the total process took 3 weeks? Everyone was friendly, and the overall experience was positive. Technical screening involved a short live-coding exercise on Hackerrank. I’m giving a negative review because I felt that I did really well on the interview only to be rejected since apparently I did not indicate enough past usage of or willingness to use moving forward open-source tools and frameworks. I failed to mention that I’ve worked in secure labs for almost 20 years, and many of those frameworks were not available to me in a closed lab - but I didn’t think *not mentioning* that would sink my chances with them. Honestly, don’t waste your time with this company, you can do very well and they’ll still reject you. I was really stunned, actually. I’ve done far worse on other interviews, and yet still received offers.
- I was asked to implement a smart-pointer class with automatic garbage collection and reference counting.
Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Blacksburg, VA) in Feb 2022
Interview process was thorough, organized, and quick. HR rep checked in periodically to ensure I had what I needed to feel prepared. Different methods from texts, calls and emails were used which was helpful.
- Typical interview questions were asked to understand knowledge, skills and fit. Be prepared by studying the role and company.
I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at TORC Robotics in Feb 2022
My interview process could not have gone better! During the first call, I realized that this would be a great place to work. They listened, had great questions, allowed my questions with no problem, and more. I really enjoyed the calls, the pace of the process, and how quick they were able to come to a decision! Honored to be here!
- How would you roll-out autonomous trucks to the trucking industry? This was a great question and one I really enjoyed collaborating on.
Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Nashua, NH) in Nov 2021
Had a preliminary intro to the company with the recruiter, then an interview with the hiring manager and product owner, and finally a coding interview with a selection of the engineering team. Company created a very good image from day 1 and kept it going throughout the process. It made me really excited to work for them.
- They asked the usual: past experience, why I'm looking around, relevant background, and some technical questions related to specific work. Overall, no surprises but I felt like they really checked my qualifications both in terms of fit and technical competence.
TORC Robotics Interviews FAQs
Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at TORC Robotics as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.00 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Motion Planning Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer - Mapping and Localization and Test Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.
The hiring process at TORC Robotics takes an average of 26 days when considering 84 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Controls Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Test Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 33 days).
Common stages of the interview process at TORC Robotics according to 84 Glassdoor interviews include:
Phone Interview: 22.12%
Group Panel Interview: 18.43%
One on One Interview: 15.21%
Drug Test: 11.98%
IQ Intelligence Test: 5.99%
Skills Test: 2.30%
Background Check: 1.84%
Personality Test: 0.46%