TORC Robotics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 54 of over 54 interviews

Employee Referral6%
Campus Recruiting6%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Blacksburg, VA) in Mar 2021

Interview

It was a long process but it was absolutely worth it! It started in February and I went through three interviews, the first a phone conversation with a recruiter. The second was a zoom call with my direct boss, and the last one was a four person panel interview via zoom. After the third interview was completed, I was immediately contacted by the recruiter I originally spoke with, and he offered me the job. From job offer to first day was about a month, and during that time they run their background checks and employer references.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time where you disagreed with a situation at work, and how you handled that situation.
    Answer Question

TORC Robotics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TORC Robotics in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. About a week later, received an email requesting an initial phone interview. The email explained the purpose would be to find out more about my experience and to share info with me about the role. I found out after a couple hours of research and prep for the interview, that they required the person to relocate.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Are you willing to relocate to Virginia?

TORC Robotics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TORC Robotics

Interview

I received 2 challenges after applying. One was C++ and the other was role specific. For C++, basic concepts related to strings and data structures like stacks were tested. 4 questions and around 3 hours. The other technical test had a few MCQs which were straight forward. After submitting the 2 tests I received a request for a live coding round after 3 weeks which was pretty late. The live coding had 2 questions and mainly tested Object Oriented Programming skills in C++

Interview Questions
  • Live coding: OOPS, Inheritance, Polymorphism and Abstract classes, Switch case, Pass by reference, Pointers etc

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Blacksburg, VA) in Feb 2021

Interview

There were multiple interviews conducted by Zoom over several days. Each interview was more of a casual conversation than a typical interview, which was a nice change. I felt like I was able to connect to each interviewer on a more personal level since the interviews were not very formal. I was given informative and honest answers to all of my questions and I did not feel like they were trying to hide anything. Overall, the interview process was not stressful and went smoothly.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to describe a time when I was part of a "winning team."
1 person found this interview helpful

TORC Robotics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TORC Robotics in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied online through the Torc website. Had an initial interview with a recruiter. The next step was a video interview with two engineers. There were some situational questions but most of them consisted of questions about my previous experience. I was then asked to take an assessment through a third party site testing my software programming skill in C++. Once that was completed I was told that the final step would be a panel interview with both engineers and managers of the team that the position was with. The interview had some technical questions but mostly consisted of questions about my previous experience and how I had handled previous work situations.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

TORC Robotics

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at TORC Robotics in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview process was a bit different than usual, being during the middle of a pandemic. All virtual/over the phone interviews. Torc did a fine job of accommodating to the situation and completing the interview process as best as possible.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a successful team you've been apart of

Anonymous Employee in Salem, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Salem, VA) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview process at Torc was very thorough. I've been part of interviewing and making hiring decisions for many years, but the process used at Torc was more involved (and complete) than what I've witnessed or exercised. I met with many people including the hiring manager, the team, and key stakeholders. In doing so, I was able to get a taste of not only the needs, but of the corporate "personality", which is extremely important to me. I was also able to visit the office and take a tour (observing proper social distancing and PPE) and was super impressed with the collaborative space in the headquarters. The depth of questioning throughout the process showed a thoughtfulness that only comes from someone who really cares about the people that they bring on board. That is part of the culture I referred to. A quick, high-level interview can only give you so much and you have to infer the rest. By being deep and thoughtful in the questions, and having multiple opportunities to interview, the interviewing team at Torc illustrated just how important it is that the people they hire be the right fit. While the interview process was long, this approach showed me what I was looking for in a company - a team who really cares.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me questions on how I've handled certain situations that they are currently faced with. They knew my history, and tapped into both recent experiences as well as those from many years ago to gather relevant information.

TORC Robotics

Application

I interviewed at TORC Robotics

Interview

The interview is good, but I screwed it up. Interviewers are nice and kind. Mostly on object-oriented programing on C++ and some relevant concepts in C++ such as smart pointers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TORC Robotics (Anaheim, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied for a system integration engineer and interviewed via phone and video chat. The phone interview was about the company and behavior questions and the video interview was more about the technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • ROS, Linux, and the process of autonomous driving.

TORC Robotics

Application

I interviewed at TORC Robotics

Interview

It is not quite professional. The HR contacted me only after I sent follow up emails. Even the final decision was given after I requested a closure. Could do better.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Interviews