TP ICAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2018

3.1

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TP ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was like any other. Interviewed with the hiring manager and two other employees. Then came back for a second round with the HR department. The questions were basic interview questions that anyone can find on google. Nothing too challenging, just prepare and you will be good. This was for an entry level operations role within ICAP.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TP ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Came in one day to meet with staff. Met with some executives at first, talked about background. Met with some teams and desks. Got a call that day when I got home.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TP ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online

Three stages to my interview:
    1) Phone interview- Asks basic behavioral questions. Fairly easy. Conducted by an HR person and was very easy to talk to.
    2) Interview at ICAP HQ in Jersey city- more behavioral questions, somewhat easy and no technical questions
    3) Assessment center at HQ in Jersey city- Two tests: First was a trading simulation where you made simple calculation (very easy). Second test is a math test that was difficult. Lastly, there was a group project where you had some time to gather some information then present it.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you had to sell something?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TP ICAP.

Interview

Initial phone interview by HR rather than someone professional. Behavioral questions mostly plus two technical questions regarding ICAP's products and something about London Stock Market. Be careful! HR called me half an hour earlier and I was completely unprepared and I had very bad reception at the building so I did everything wrong during this itnerview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TP ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

Easy process. Basic question about trading and finance. Some behavioural questions. The process is not intense, but it depends on how you get introduced into the company. The potential hiring desk will due some due diligence on brokers clients (although not great due dillegence). My advice is to be yourself and natural...it's a "peoples" person business.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TP ICAP (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Met with senior managers and other line brokers. Basic questions about market knowledge, understanding of the role, pay (commission), and what to expect on the desk. Otherwise was more conversational than inquisitive. Ability to demonstrate market knowledge and knowing traders is a plus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TP ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

I made sure to fill out the online application carefully, and did research on the questions. I was contacted next day to schedule a phone interview.

Phone Interview: 15-20min. Understand what an inter-dealer broker does (as opposed to sales/trading at a bank) and why you'd prefer broking over trading. Might ask what news you've been following that affects their business, what their shares are trading at, your opinion on the financial markets. Brokers often entertain clients, so have something interesting about yourself which is not on your resume, like something you do for fun. Be ready for a solid mix of personality, why you're a good fit for this position (be specific), and a test of market related knowledge questions.

Superday/assessment centre: Group exercise, math tests (x2), and panel interview. Be ready to do currency conversion; currency triangles. Don't sweat the math tests too much, if you did well on the SATs you'll do fine.
    *make sure you show personality during the interview-they don't want introverted brokers

Interview Questions

• What news story have you been following and how does it affect our business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TP ICAP (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online and spent the time to answer the two questions that came along with application thoroughly. I was then asked to make an appointment for a phone interview - I did. Around a month later I was contacted.

I did not prepare too much for the interview and generally speaking it was not so difficult except for a couple Q's. The HR rep asked me what I knew about ICAP (what ICAP does, who are the competitors, what exchange they're traded on, how I learned about ICAP). She asked me to tell her about an achievement that was not on my resume. She then asked how the regulatory environment will change ICAP's business (which was one of the questions in the application). Then what type of broker I would like to be (voice vs electronic) and why I am suitable for the role. I said I didn't have a preference (I don't believe this affected their decisions to take me/not take me). Then she asked whether structured products were brokered by voice or electronically (which i did not answer correctly) and a more technical question "what is 12% of 7?", she insisted i walk her through the mental calculation. She then asked me if I had any questions (you should probably have some questions (only good ones obviously) to portray genuine interest).

Interview Questions

• what is x% of x?   1 Answer
    • how are structured products brokered? (electronic or voice?)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TP ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview after the resume was accepted. The phone interview consisted of a bunch of questions ranging from your past experiences to information about their company. It took about 10-20 min.

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TP ICAP (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with third party called Raw Talent. Then a Skype interview with the same person. Last is an onsite at TP ICAP. I am still in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a broker and dealer   1 Answer