TRL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TRL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at TRL

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wokingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TRL (Wokingham, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Having met TRL at a university recruitment fair, they simply requested a CV and cover letter. Seven days after submitting, they invited me to a graduate selection centre (involving a site tour, group exercise, written exercise and interview). I returned a few weeks later for another interview with the team that wanted to hire me. I was offered the role. To help me understand what coming to TRL would involve, the hiring manager was happy to speak to me on the phone to give me a bigger picture.

The process was much easier, quicker, and more personal than other graduate schemes that I applied to.

Interview Questions

• A written exercise, where we were asking to produce a summary of a report   Answer Question

Graduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wokingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TRL (Wokingham, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

A phone interview with HR who kept asking me to send some pieces of work (reports) that I wrote during my studies to forward it to the manager before inviting me to an interview. Then I was invited to a face-to-face interview with two managers who were very welcoming. They seemed nice but they kept throwing indirect question to see the implications behind my answers. After that I received a phone call from HR to ask me again to send further reports that I wrote during my studies as they are not too sure yet, then they only got back to me after a week to tell me sorry they will pass and I didn't get a response when I asked about the real reason behind this. Very unprofessional and should have assessed my technical skills during my interview and not asking me to send them papers before and after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Every single thing in my CV and in the job description.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wokingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TRL (Wokingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Very useful process, very clear, with HR professionals which were very welcoming and posed some interesting questions. There was a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and a second interview with the hiring manager, and a colleague.