TSL Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TSL Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TSL Marketing.

Interview

The process was relatively easy. I interviewed well and felt that I impressed the interviewers. I knew what I was getting into having done business development/cold calling/sales previously. Everyone was very friendly and I got a call back almost as soon as I got home from the interview telling me to to come in the following Monday for my first day.

Interview Questions

• I can't say there was a most difficult question. They wanted to know who I was, get a feel for my personality and see if I had relevant skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was hired through a placement firm.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSL Marketing in December 2014.

Interview

I was brought in mid-process by a referral. I submitted a custom designed resume (branded with their logo) and was invited to produce a "creative project," using a medium of my choice (presentation, write-up, performance, you name it) which was very refreshing--allowed me to showcase my personality. They weighted company culture fit very heavily in their decision process.

Interview Questions

• They threw in a couple of those standard, obscure, "make-you-think-on-your-feet" questions, which I usually don't do well with, but apparently I said something right!   Answer Question

Digital Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TSL Marketing (Columbia, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Possibly the best interview I've had because they tested my knowledge by asking me to complete a standard task that I'd be expected to perform on a regular basis. Once I finished they gauged my fit with the team and welcomed me aboard. I wish every interview was like this.

Business Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TSL Marketing (Columbia, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy. Found the job posted online, reached out their HR manager- who was friendly and easy to speak to. Spoke on the phone, was invited to a F2F interview, interviewed with HR and was sent an offer that day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TSL Marketing.

Interview

I believe TSL Marketing does a great job of finding the right candidates. The questions were direct and straight to the point. I look forward to continuing on in the interviewing process, so far, I have had one over the phone interview and an brief interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TSL Marketing (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Initial phone call led to a face to face interview. Offered position within one week

Interview Questions

• They push the notion of promoting within but will you be able to live on the smaller base salary for a couple years?   1 Answer

LOw base and commute simply did not add up for me personally

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSL Marketing in December 2013.

Interview

Hard to contact the interviewer. The best way was by phone. After the phone interview, I was surprised to find and an email offer just 2 days later, and a rush start date for Monday. The offer was made Friday.

Interview Questions

• He challenged my qualifications for the job. I had the job description in front of me and reviewed it point by point of how my experience and skills lined up. I was really irritated by the challenge and asked for a higher base salary range.   Answer Question

Negotiation

He was able to give me the salary that I requested.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TSL Marketing (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with a number of people throughout this process, most of them remote. The initial phone interviews went very well, and I could instantly tell that the individuals on the other end of the phone were knowledgeable and truly cared about the company. I eventually had the pleasure of interviewing that the company's HQ in Columbia, MD to interview with David English, the CEO. The questions they asked were basic and applied to the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simply, and very fair.

List Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TSL Marketing (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was sent over by a staffing agency and interviewed the same day by a manager a senior employee and 3-4 Business Development Specialists. The interview went well and I heard back from them later that day.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing very difficult. They liked that I had experience and were sizing me up to see if I was a fit for the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was pre-negotiated with the staffing firm.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TSL Marketing (Columbia, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview went very well. When asked if I had IT knowledge I said no, I was told not to worry I would be trained. I was so happy that they hired me. I totally put in everything I could to learn and reach the goals, They said you must make 110 calls per day, I made an average of 134 - 156 I worked for six days they said not to come back because they are hiring people that are better qualified; So they do not do what they commit to do. I quit my job to accept this job offer and because of them I now have no job. This is a totally unfair company never in my life have I had such a terrible experience, and I'm still paying for it because now I have no JOB!!