TVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TVA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2018

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The employer was very honest with me and told me exactly how many other applicants there were and when I should expect to hear back from HR after the interview. The interview felt laid back and less formal since it was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class that you have taken so far and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your least favorite that you have taken and why?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Interviewing manager and software engineer conducted the interview. They asked very easy questions. I knew what they wanted to hear when they asked their questions. The manager and engineer were polite and on time.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about experience with .NET and SQL server. The only technical question asked was very simple and should be answerable by anyone   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back. Mostly focused on what I wanted to get out of a job at TVA, and what I'm interested in after graduation. I was interviewed by two people, then I met several of the workers from the group that was interviewing me just to get a feel for what it would be like working there.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TVA (Decatur, AL).

Interview

The interview was only an hour long with managers rather than individual contributors. They seemed genuinely excited to be interviewing me and the interview was smooth. They understood some of the machinery referenced in my anecdotal discussions. A couple of weeks later I received an offer kinda unofficially which only contained my annual salary estimate and nothing else. By the way, the salary was huge... It made it really hard to say no! After discussing the specific details of the benefits and such I declined(big picture it just didn't feel right).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were faced with a task you weren't proficient in and how you still managed to succeed.   Answer Question

Didn't really like the surrounding area very much and the commute would be 50 minutes or so to live anywhere decent. Plus, with how the facility I was interviewing at runs(I know since I am in the industry), I sensed the quality of life might be really low. "Out of the frying pan and into the fire" compared to my current position.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

I lived out of state, so the only interview I had was over the phone. I was interviewed by three people, who all took turns asking me questions. I interviewed for the nuclear group so questions were tailored to that sector. Interview questions were pretty standard. Make sure to have an answer to "Why TVA?"

Interview Questions

• "Why TVA?" For some reason, I was not prepared for this, such a simple question was not even on my radar. Just hoping I can help somebody else out who might make the same mistake.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

You have a one on one phone interview; The manager of the vacant position will ask you to tell him about yourself and your work experience. Be very relax because they listen and take notes in how you answer the questions that he/she is asking you. This was a great experience and it was for a job here in Chattanooga, Tennessee

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for TVA?
      Ask questions on your Resume
      How well do you get along with your peers?
      What do you like to do in your spare time?
      Awards received   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

It was a very long process. i had a phone screen and 2 face to face interviews. They ask quite a few questions. And one was 3 hours away but they reimburse you for expenses. The interviewers were very nice and open. It was not a tense interview. The background check was a long process. Especially when you are waiting for everything to turn up good to give a notice for your current job and their background process takes a long time.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult situation that I have encountered in my previous job   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

Straight forward. You need to focus on the interviewer! If they are soft, they expect soft, kind answers. If they seem firm, they are looking for driven leaders that want the best for the business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There ranges are 15 to 20K, so do not jump on the first offer! Negotiate everything.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TVA (Knoxville, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

Learn to be extremely patient and expect HR to really give you the run around, and that is if they really want you!

Interview Questions

• The HR department really wants to qualify you by race and sex to make sure they are meeting their quotas. So if you are a male avoid this place like the plague! You have no hope moving up unless you are a female. If you also happen to be a minority you don't even need to perform your job very well if at all to move up. So keep that in mind. I am sure they will quote their stupid SPP on this point, but trust me as a 18+ year employee, it is true!   Answer Question

All the points I mentioned in my review....

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TVA in January 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume online, had 2 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

LIttle room to negotiate