TVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TVA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

We are seeking an IT Systems Analyst to join the Business Continuity Division (BCD) of It Strategy & Technology Planning Department.

The Business Continuity Division is responsible to enhance Saudi Aramco IT resilience through comprehensive analysis of IT availability risks, effective mitigation planning, and thorough testing of response & recovery capabilities.

The IT Systems Analyst primary role is to contribute to the Implementation of Business Continuity Business Continuity Management program in IT, which include conduct Business Impact Analysis, governance and drills.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TVA (Knoxville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process was standardized. The recruiter was great and had a wonderful personality. The panel interview, however, was very standardized. The interviewers felt like robots and were not friendly at all. This made the process a little more nerve wracking than it should have been. They got back to me fairly quickly after the interview to tell me they were going in a different direction. Overall, standard government interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about laws I would be tasked with ensuring compliance with.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied directly on the company's website after some recommendations from my professors. Upon applying I was contacted via email within 2 weeks and met for an in-person interview the following week at TVA's office in Chattanooga.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you had to work as a part of a team?   Answer Question

Organizational Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Challenging process with several interviews. Process began slowly then moved very quickly. Went for several weeks after applying before hearing from anyone. Then it began interview after interview. All members were very courteous and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to disagree with a senior manager. Were you able to change their mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation at the time.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very professional and understood that there's a bit more political process to them due to TVA being a government entity. Interviewers were polite and professional. Relaxed environment. The only negative I found was the time between the initial application and follow-on communications. It took nearly three months to receive an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your current background and experience enhance this position?   Answer Question

Contract Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TVA (Knoxville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about four hours long. It consisted of an hour to an hour and a half of testing and then the rest was interviews with Human Resources, three department peers, the direct report boss and divisional boss. The testing was the most challenging because you were given a specified amount of time to complete to two different exercises.

Fmt Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

Waste of your time without connections. These people are not experts or have any knowledge of the job. Your asked open ended questions that being rated but company people and the weight of the interview is 70 percent and knowledge and skills and experience is only 30 percent.

Interview Questions

• Describe how electricity got to this receptacle   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Management contacted me for an interview, but did not get back with me for weeks on hand. When I got there, it was very obvious of the dysfunction in the workplace. No one spoke, and it was very fake.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know that works here?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Interviewing manager and software engineer conducted the interview. They asked very easy questions. I knew what they wanted to hear when they asked their questions. The manager and engineer were polite and on time.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about experience with .NET and SQL server. The only technical question asked was very simple and should be answerable by anyone   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back. Mostly focused on what I wanted to get out of a job at TVA, and what I'm interested in after graduation. I was interviewed by two people, then I met several of the workers from the group that was interviewing me just to get a feel for what it would be like working there.