TVA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TVA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2018

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

interviewed in front of a panel of 4 people and they made efforts to make me comfortable. The first half of the interview was explaining the project they were interviewing me to work on. The second half was run-of-the-mill questions.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TVA (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on line through the company website. I was contacted less than a week later. I had to do an oline behavioral survey and answer some initial questions via email. I was contacted 2 days later with an on site interview request

Interview Questions

• share a time where you disagreed with a co-worker and how you handled the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The employer was very honest with me and told me exactly how many other applicants there were and when I should expect to hear back from HR after the interview. The interview felt laid back and less formal since it was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class that you have taken so far and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your least favorite that you have taken and why?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TVA.

Interview

We are seeking an IT Systems Analyst to join the Business Continuity Division (BCD) of It Strategy & Technology Planning Department.

The Business Continuity Division is responsible to enhance Saudi Aramco IT resilience through comprehensive analysis of IT availability risks, effective mitigation planning, and thorough testing of response & recovery capabilities.

The IT Systems Analyst primary role is to contribute to the Implementation of Business Continuity Business Continuity Management program in IT, which include conduct Business Impact Analysis, governance and drills.

Senior Reactor Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

4 hour IQ and psychometric computer based exams. 1 hour interview with contracted psychologist. 30 minute management interview, behavioral style. Lunch was provided, and the test were taken at your on pace, however timeliness did play a factor in the scoring.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult academic process you have been involved in, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • Sometimes managers have to make unpopular decisions. When you have you had to do this, and how did you manage the responses.   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TVA (Knoxville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process was standardized. The recruiter was great and had a wonderful personality. The panel interview, however, was very standardized. The interviewers felt like robots and were not friendly at all. This made the process a little more nerve wracking than it should have been. They got back to me fairly quickly after the interview to tell me they were going in a different direction. Overall, standard government interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about laws I would be tasked with ensuring compliance with.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied directly on the company's website after some recommendations from my professors. Upon applying I was contacted via email within 2 weeks and met for an in-person interview the following week at TVA's office in Chattanooga.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you had to work as a part of a team?   Answer Question

Organizational Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Challenging process with several interviews. Process began slowly then moved very quickly. Went for several weeks after applying before hearing from anyone. Then it began interview after interview. All members were very courteous and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to disagree with a senior manager. Were you able to change their mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation at the time.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The HR portion is terrible but the interview was nice. Writing an interview in a way to benefit someone you do not know who is only a screener in the process is ridiculous. All resumes should go to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had struggles in the workplace.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TVA (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very professional and understood that there's a bit more political process to them due to TVA being a government entity. Interviewers were polite and professional. Relaxed environment. The only negative I found was the time between the initial application and follow-on communications. It took nearly three months to receive an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your current background and experience enhance this position?   Answer Question