Taiyo Yuden Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Taiyo Yuden Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taiyo Yuden.

Interview

I was recruited by a third party person. She set up the interview. It was set up very quickly. I went in and interviewed twice. The day of the second interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe the job in your own words   1 Answer

Logistics/Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solana Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taiyo Yuden (Solana Beach, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Tough and humbling lesson learned.

I am a recent graduate who has only had about three interviews before this one of which the companies originated from American/Westernized countries.

Previous interviews were typical, consisting of behavioral, personality, and related questions that help the employer really get to know you.

Overall, I did not even get to the interview questions.

When I was emailing with the interviewer, I already sensed signs that it would have been intense and one would really have to be professional and knowledgeable to get further in this process.

The interviewer expected me to know the job description inside out as an expert.

I did not end up getting to the questions as a result, and I did not expect this, but it's a good reminder that you must be extremely prepared if you want to get a job, especially in this tough economy.

Take good notes on the description, know about the company from your research, etc.

One must know that Taiyo Yuden is a very reputable company, since they are basically JVC, the old VHS, CD, DVD maker who also makes other electronic components.

Also, Japanese working culture, values, and ideals are very professional and intense. The culture is very results driven and one must be very professional, knowledgeable, and prepared to really be able to succeed in a Japanese company.

Just be very prepared overall for any interview!

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taiyo Yuden (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Very judgmental towards the candidates. I bet they are judgmental to all the candidates they interview because they want best of the best. They do not know that each candidate has his own talents and not everyone are the same. But the managers at Taiyo Yuden in San Jose, California wants the best who can make 1 million dollar revenue within a 1 month or two weeks. This is impossible because USA's economy is still in a bad shape and companies are trying to save money to avoid bankruptcy.

Try to avoid getting an interview from this place. It's not worth your time to get hired. You must have Ph.D or some kind of super power to make money if you want to work here for a long time. LOL.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you like about Taiyo Yuden?
      2. Can you work 247 non-stop?
      3. Why should we hire you when there are many unique candidates out there?
      1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Taiyo Yuden.

Interview

Interview mainly focuses on getting to know you and your interests. Questions involve your strengths and weaknesses and the usual expectations in the workplace and working environment. Your educational background and previous work experiences (if you have one) will be brought up.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandaue City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taiyo Yuden (Mandaue City (Philippines)) in February 2016.

Interview

After sending an application personally a personality quiz and IQ test was conducted. The company will send a text message if you are qualified for an interview. The applicants who are qualified will then be interviewed 1 on 1 by the HR manager. The questions of the HR manager are mostly personal information. If you passed the initial interview with the HR manager a final/technical interview will then follow. The final/technical interview will be conducted by a panel which is composed of Production Heads.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose to work in our company when you had an OJT on ________ (certain company)?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in August 2014.

Interview

There will be a 20 minute personalities test and 80 minutes engineering test. Personalities test just like the IQ test type and engineering test will divide to 4 part, that is mechanical, electrical, electronic and chemical. Overall difficulties is moderate. After that, when face to face interview, there will be 6 people waiting for you at interview room, and asking questions one by one.

Interview Questions

• what you think you can contribute to the company and why we need hire you. which department you like join the most?   Answer Question

Strictly culture and environment. And have another better job offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in December 2012.

Interview

On 12/17/2012, I met with three managers who manages the San Jose Branch. The managers were not prepared and disorganized on questions they presented to me. I had a hard time answering the questions and couldn't comply to what they were saying. I think there is a cultural differences that they couldn't understand to manage business strategy. Business strategy doesn't work with just having a team. It comes from creative talents and skills that promotes business ethics and establishment for the company. This is important if they want to manage good marketing with the US customers.

Interview Questions

• What are three major words are important to develop sales?   1 Answer

Because I didn't see future opportunity working with Taiyo Yuden.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taiyo Yuden (Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)) in September 2012.

Interview

Tell me about your most frustrating experience as a production operator.

Answer: I am a hard working operator, always follow the working standard or manufacturing standard in companies, no absent or any bad record. And most specially, a responsible operator.