TakeLessons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TakeLessons Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TakeLessons (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief, you enter your information & voilà! You're in business. I would say that with the followup questions, the whole process took a couple hours, filling out the profile et al.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to teach?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TakeLessons (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

No interview, all contractor need to do is creat a profile through Takelessons. They have step by step guidance shows you how to build a profile on Takelessons page. It indicates more information you have online more possibility students will find you. The chance is, sometimes they even can't book one new student each month! And What Takelessons do is they contact data from all profiles and attract potential clients to their website from the searching engine!

Interview Questions

• There is no personal interview, all they did is ask contractor fill out the online form and follow guidance to buil a profile through Takelessons platform.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TakeLessons (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

It's a joke. It's basically just the purchase of their fake "certification" package. They didn't know me or anything about me and they just read what is on their computer monitor. I know someone who got their cat "certified" by them. It's a well know joke about them. I also know a local "instructor" who uses various aliases who can ONLY get students through Takelessons and he is on predatorwatch.com

Interview Questions

• Nothing. They didn't ask anything except how to pay for the package.   1 Answer

Piano Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TakeLessons in May 2010.

Interview

My interviews were via phone, and there were two rounds. I was asked about my education and experience. Music questions were asked. Teaching philosophy questions were asked. I felt it was a pretty tough interview. I got the impression that they were very careful to hire only professional music teachers. I have a degree from a well known music conservatory, and I think it gave me an edge.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the books, methods, and repertoire I use to teach. It's tough to list all that stuff! I was glad I had prepared for that question and didn't stumble when asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At TakeLessons.com, we instructors choose our own pay. Obviously if we choose a pay that's too high, we won't get any referrals. If we choose a pay that is too low, we get too many students for too little money. I charge $60/hour for piano lessons. The students I receive are very serious about their studies.

Music Teacher, Private Instruction Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TakeLessons.

Interview

Extensive questionnaire online. Follow up emails. Unprofessional attitudes from recruiter, lack of respect, addressing candidates on a first name basis. Run by young cocky 20's/30's kids. Sends emails immediately to references asking them to also fill out an equally extensive questionnaire about you: the applicant.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Standard questions for teaching private music lessons.   Answer Question

Outrageously low rate of pay for education and experience. Basically, they are taking almost half of the fee they collect for doing very little as a middleman. Unprofessional behaviour from their personnel.

Guitar Instructor Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TakeLessons in January 2011.

Interview

TakeLessons.com constantly posts openings for music instructors, on Craigslist. I applied with everything they had asked for: a sketch of your curriculum, books/materials you use, how you might handle this or that situation. I honestly can't remember if there was a personality test involved. References sent. Agree to a background check.

Anyway, about a week after I applied I got an email from someone. Mostly just to confirm who I was. Then the next day was a phone interview, partially to confirm that they are talking to the right person. How you teach: philosophy, experience, etc. Blah blah blah.

I was hired the day after. It seems like they will hire just about any musician interested in teaching who has passed a background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TakeLessons in July 2010.

Interview

First you'll do a phone interview with the hiring manager. They will ask you if you're still looking. WHY you're still looking. Why are you appyling to TL.
    In person interview consists of 2 sets of 2 interviewers. The first will ask you about your work history and skill set. the second will ask you about your personality, interests. The interview is where they pour the first cup of Kool-Aid. Be very energetic, profess your life long love of music,and nod a lot and smile when they discuss their culture. They eat this up.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been asked to take on added responsibility?   Answer Question

Guitar Instructor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TakeLessons in July 2010.

Interview

First you apply online. Then you they send e-mails to your references who have 3 days to fill them out and return then (really dumb idea because it takes people 3 days to even get to them or figure them out). Then they decide whether to interview you. Then they decide whether they want to offer you a position. Then there is orientation and they throw you straight into the fire.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about experience in specific teaching positions and ask about what you would do in situations. Your strengths and weaknesses, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

About half way through my employment they wanted to cut my pay and I was able to negotiate a small raise out of them