Talener Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talener Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talener.

Interview

Three interviews, one phone, two in office and I spoke with 5 managers over the course of the hiring process. Interviews were fairly informal - they just wanted to get a sense of where my head was at rather than specifically talking about skills that I had.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask much- just wanted to talk about my college experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I was brought into the office where I interviewed with the hiring manager of the company. She then had me meet three managers and directors that same day. When I was called in for a second round interview, I met two more individuals. All the interviews felt more like conversations.

Tech Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talener in March 2017.

Interview

Everyone seems very nice and outgoing. They are very welcoming right off the bat and make you feel like you belong. It seems as if you played sports and were a part of Greek life in college, that you are "perfect for the job." Salary seems legitimate and they seem to have a lot of business and promising growth opportunities. Very unprofessional application process in terms of communication. After receiving a phone interview, and attending 2 in person interviews, I finished the application process and was told that we would be in touch by next week. After a week and a half I made sure to follow up and received no response. The recruiting managers voicemail box was filled and I was not able to leave a message so I sent 2 emails as well. Never heard a word back after having a promising interviewing experience. Please realize that applicants look for a response after going through the application process. They attend the interviews in hopes to get hired, not for any other unspecified reason. Please have the common courtesy to get back to them so no ones time is wasted. It says a lot about the company when an employee of theirs is clearly avoiding an individual that went through the application process for an unknown reason.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

1. They called me after they found my resume on the website.
    2. Set the interview 1 day later
    3. Interview began on time. A man lead me went through their office and asked me some question about my resume and what I wanted.
    4. One of the tech team met me and asked me some questions about my projects

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with a recruiter and then came fore in person meetings with the Product Management staffing team and the team lead.

If you are a Product Manager considering using their services, it's not worth your time!
    I went to talk to them in person, gave them my resume, tried to ignore the fact that you're interviewed by kids out of college that have almost no idea about the field they're in, and then absolutely nothing!! no call , no email about positions... and the job market for PM's is very good right now, so it was a huge waste of time. I also tried emailing them about potential positions and asking if they had any positions that may be a fit - nobody responded.
    Very unprofessional you get the feeling that they're just interested in the metrics and collecting your data.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, which makes sense, since all of the recruiters were straight out of college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Talener (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started off with a couple of phone interviews from their office in New York, then an on site interview to meet upper management, then another phone interview with one of their directors in New York, and a final on site interview with other relationship managers. Talener is an amazing company and their staff was incredibly straight forward. The interview process was a little long but I was impressed by all of the stories and people I was able to hear from.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about why you wanted the job, who you are, ect.   Answer Question

Tech Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Talener (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 individuals from the company that offered great insight into the organization and structure of the company as a whole. The interview itself was very enjoyable and well organized but what occurred after is what bothers me. I was instructed to follow up the next day to speak with the gentleman that interviewed me so I did. No reply. I called again. No reply. No one from the company contacted me after my interview which I find very disrespectful and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talener (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with various group managers, all of them were engaging and willing to explain in detail the entry-level role at Talener as well as the overall culture of the company.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Talener (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and got interviewed at Talener in San Francisco.
    The recruiter who invited me came in and introduced first. He went through my resume and asked general questions which he could easily find in my resume. Then he introduced me to his team of 3 other people and I ended up answering to same questions again! The person who invited me had emailed about 2 job positions with prominent companies and when I asked about it, they said that they will get the details only next week. But I never heard from them again! Seems like they actually do not have ANY job positions which they claim to have and offer while talking on phone. It was a complete waste of time!

Interview Questions

• General questions which could easily be found from the resume itself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Talener (New York, NY).

Interview

I spoke with a director on the phone for about two minutes. I was asked to talk about myself and once I gave them a summary of my experience, I was invited for an in-person interview.

During my onsite interview, I met with three team managers and a VP. They all took different approaches with their tones. One manager came off really strong, one was very friendly, and the last was calm and quieter, letting me do most of the talking. It seemed like they were really looking more at personality than experience.

The VP explained the model for mobility within the company and it seemed like I had already gotten the job before I spoke with him. He really made me think about whether this was going to be the right opportunity and let me know what his concerns were about hiring me. It was a bit intense but probably the best step in the process.