Talroo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Talroo Interview Questions

Interviews at Talroo

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Talroo.

Interview

started with a phone screening asking a few basic questions and then the on site interview where some behavior questions were asked. The 1 to 1 interview was many scenario based questions like: "what would you do?" type scenario questions. There are also questions that are personality based such as, "Which is more important to you?" I thought the staff was friendly and the offices are great. Looks like a fun place to work.

Interview Questions

• Would you let a magician perform a magic trick on you? How far would you travel behind a car while driving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Talroo (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, the interview took 3 steps
    1. Phone interview, just basic information about me and the company
    2. Online assignment, 3 questions, not hard
    3. Onsite, all behavior questions

Interview Questions

• The online assignment have 3 questions, just easy array question, one of them is MySQL question.
      Onsite only asked about behavior questions, but there are 30 questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talroo (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interviewer asked some basic programming questions like OOP and intro level coding exercises. The interview lasted 45 minutes. Half of the interview was technical and the other was talking about projects I've worked on in the past. The interviewer was really nice. I felt nervous at first but I got my composure together when the technical questions came along.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talroo (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

First is the online application submission and a fairly prompt follow-up; I heard back from the recruiter within a week. For the next step you will be sent a Codility test that consists of 3 individual questions. Fairly easy, and a novice could complete the test with 100% (the assessment only tests for correctness, not performance). Two of the questions can be answered in any coding language you want, and the last is in SQL.
    Lastly, they will invite you to have a 3 hr interview at their Austin office: the former half of which was technical questions with their development heads, and the latter half was a questionnaire of 40-something prompts with the HR director. Overall, I felt the interview process was not indicative of the caliber they are seeking to fill the position, in that it was far too easy.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 dice whose faces can be labeled any way you choose, how can you arrange them to represent all variations of minutes in an hour (00-59)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Talroo (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen went really well, but stumbled on some truly basic technical questions. Just wasn't in the right mind set to answer those at the moment and kicked myself later for not being prepared.

Interview Questions

• PHP's built in function the measure the length of an array.   1 Answer
    • PHP's built in function to get Cookie data.   1 Answer

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Talroo.

Interview

At the very beginning, there was a typing test & comprehensive quiz on sales manual (memorizing the facts about company's history, competitors and more) and a basic math test! FUN stuff. Second round I met with the HR Director. He asked a list of basic behavioral questions. Then I met with some CSA team members and they asked some questions regarding to my background/experience and technical skills. Last round was meeting with the team director. I was asked some more behavioral questions again at the end.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Talroo (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very robotic process that seemed more about time management than about talking to a human being. Very drawn out on some aspects to the point where it felt stiff and automated. I felt reduced to a bunch of results rather than like an individual.

I was told I would hear back to schedule a final meeting with the manager because he was “busy”. What really happened is I didn’t pass some aspect of the interview which is fine but be forthcoming about it instead of making it seem like I was still in a process when I obviously was not. Then I had to initiate the follow up to find this out which wasn’t entirely pleasant.

If the expectation was set differently it would have been okay but it wasn’t or it was miscommunicated horribly (someone didn’t want to tell me in person that I didn’t pass). When you schedule someone in a time slot and don’t have the people available who would decline the process further there is a lack of time management (sort of a duck and cover move). This probably worked out for the best considering the element of dehumanization I felt during the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a person you don’t like and why (paraphrased)?   Answer Question

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Talroo (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very interesting process, asked some unusual questions, the recruiter reached out first then after phone screen there are two more in person interviews, employees all seemed pretty cool but couple of the managers were pretty rude

Interview Questions

• Given 7 names, I'll ask you to repeat these names back to me   Answer Question
    • How much distance do you keep behind the car in front of you when driving   1 Answer

Management was extremely rude, not all of them but one in particular, interview process was disorganized and too long. I'd say it was an interview designed for someone that should be paid more than 45k a year. Also when I asked about traffic getting to and from work, as I have obligations in the evening there was no answer and I was treated like it was a dumb question, and that and the PTO structure and the fact that I would be expected to take care of clients when I'm off the clock makes me have a hard time believing this company truly cares about a work life balance

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Talroo (Austin, TX).

Interview

You are expected to complete an excel test, comprehensive sales manual test, a typing test, and a math test. This process seemed ridiculous and it seems like they do not care about company values and culture. I knew from walking into the interview I wasn’t a good fit. Oh and if you fail any part of the test your out. Make sure to study up on excel and the manual test you actually had to write in the answer for the test. They are crazy def not worth the hassle I believe but my interviewer was really nice! He was the best part but other then that not worth it

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Talroo in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and three days later I received only a calendar invite that only said phone call/interview. There was no email or prior phone call to discuss my availability or tell me that I was even being considered for the role. I had to then email them to see if that meant I was being considered and find a time that worked for me if in fact it was a phone interview. The calendar invite gave no details of who I was talking too or if they wanted to do an initial phone screen or if we were starting off directly with a interview with one person or multiple people. When I emailed to ask a few questions it felt as if it was an inconvenience to answer these questions. During the phone call it was not even with a member of the HR team. It was a very dry interview and they were clearly reading off a script the entire time. It was a very odd way of handling everything from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• What is the best manager motto? What is the worst manager motto? If you left your iPad in the car during dinner and it was stolen who would you place the blame on and what route would you go to get the issue taken care of? I   Answer Question

Talroo Response

Aug 7, 2015 – product marketing manager

Thanks for your feedback! This is exactly why we're hiring an HR manager to help streamline our recruiting activities. We're growing fast and we need somebody to help manage the volume of applicants... More