Tanner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tanner

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tanner

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tanner.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with one partner, and I was offered a job over the phone the next day, but I decided to go into the office to meet with other partners and employees. The in office interview consisted of three interviews with three partners. I was told I would hear back within a day or two and I never heard back from anyone at the company even though I was already offered a job over the phone after my first interview.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Quick interview followed by an offer to visit the office for further interviews. Weird interview. Got a strange vibe from the interviewer enough that I flat out didn't 'want' to move forward. He discussed some topics probably not OK for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of the 'most' difficult experience you've 'ever' had in your life and tell me what you did.   1 Answer

Tanner Response

Feb 8, 2016 – Director

Thank you for the honest feedback you gave us four months ago! Since then, we have had some internal discussions a review of the kinds of questions we want to use (and not use) moving forward. We are... More

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

Excellent process. They were great to me. Interviews on campus were high pressure because the number of people competing for a few coveted spots, but the interviewers were professional appropriate, and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What strengths do you have that could help contribute to our culture immediately?   2 Answers

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was on campus with the partner over recruiting. He focused mainly on my life and work experiences, with very little to no mention of technical accounting. The focus on Tanner is more on values and a service mindset, and the interviews are structured to see if you are a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your past job experience that will help you interact with clients?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tanner (Provo, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview at school. Submit resume. Phone call to have an office visit. Visit office, interview with all partners and several professionals. It was a very low key feel the whole time, everyone was very friendly and I felt like I connected well with most people. They didn't ask a lot of the "tell me about a time when you showed (x, y, or z quality) which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Did you take a lot of notes in school or did you just soak it into your brain?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tanner.

Interview

Asked me 3 questions then asked if I had any questions. It was very short. The man I interviewed with was helpful in answering questions. The entire thing was 20 min

Interview Questions

• 1) Why did you pick accounting? 2) Why did you pick tax? 3) Why did you pick Tanner?   Answer Question