Tavant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tavant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tavant in November 2016.

Interview

All the questions were related to Asp.net, C#, sql server, angularjs. First round was telephonic and another was skype. In the second round, Interviewer was extremely rude and unprofessional. He wasn't serious or paying attention to the interview, he was eating in between the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tavant.

Interview

Mine was a campus interview in my engg college- (I was in ECE branch)

1. online aptitude test - typical apti questions, semi - CAT level

2. technical interview - mainly algo questions, not much coding (i listed Java), but asked basic ECE stuff like Gates, also asked a Sudoku (all in all, more stress on problem solving, less on coding...like syntax etc.)

3. HR interview - simple conversation + puzzles

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tavant (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

This was a 30-45 minute phone interview. It was with three individuals who were obviously on speaker phone. It was hard to hear some of the time, and as tactfully as I could, I explained such, but they sort of blew that off which made the rest of the interview difficult.

Otherwise, they were nice and asked technical questions and questions regarding my background, experience, etc.

The interview was setup for a position I actually did not apply for, by one of their in-house recruiters. It ended up being a waste of time for all parties involved.

I was at least expecting a "not a good fit" email from the recruiter, but did not get even that.

Interview Questions

• Explain when you would decide to use open authentication.   Answer Question

Practice Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tavant (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Extremely long - an all day interview that focused exclusively on technology. Surprisingly very little in the way of leadership skills and behavioral questions. Interview schedule did not match the people nor schedule that i was supposed to talk to. Was average expereince.

Interview Questions

• Tech questions on the white board   1 Answer

Associate Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tavant (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Two or three rounds of technical interview. Technical questions of medium complexity are asked in the first round. Second round can be more tough with more detailed question. There will be a final round with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on the programming language, design patterns   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tavant.

Interview

Overall the interview process was very good and efficient, the HR team is organised and very friendly and well informed
    I was provided with all the information was required which made the process easy and I was well prepared

Interview Questions

• Was asked write alot of code, I was also evaluated on design principals, frameworks, database etc   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tavant (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applyed to the post when I got email from a job portal.

After few days I received a call and the recruiter ask basic question like Current CTC, Notice Period and ROR experience. After that the recruiter told me that s/he is going to schedule the telephonic interview. I got the email and interview was scheduled day after tomorrow.

On that day, I received the call and the interviewer ask about my current project, relevant experience on ror and some rails related questions like csrf token, metaprogramming (metaprograming and I said It the way to override language construct and I said I have limited knowledge about it). I all other answer appropriately and at last s/he ask me when can I attend the F2F interview. I said any day and 1st half of the day will be good.

As the interviewer as me for F2F I was waiting for the call from HR but I didn't get anything for a week. I send an email asking about the outcome. After a week I got reply with the date scheduled for F2F (12PM).

I took leave from my office and went for the interview. The interviewer asks current company, current project and how many project I did on ROR.
    Then s/he asks me to write a dumb program. I write it will and explained it to him/her.
    Then she ask another program to write and this time the question as proper and I write the program and explained to her.

Asked about metaprograming and I said It the way to override language construct. Like we can add function to a class in runtime. But I also told that I didn't use much in my day to day work and have limited knowledge about it.

S/he asked about SQL with I wrote. I explained all correctly and about metaprogramming I said I have limited knowledge about it.

S/he said that there is nothing else from him/her and I can leave and HR will call me soon.
    I was waiting for reply of any from (call or email). After 1 week over I send an email to the HR requesting to share the outcome.

The next day I got an email from HR that they are impressed by my expertise and experience but they can't offer the job due to the specificity of the position.

Ok Got It. But didn't you checked by resume before call or sending email. I describe my details clearly. You just wasted my day. Not Good.

If metaprograming is the issue then why you call for F2F. You people don't value other people time.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore Rural (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tavant (Bangalore Rural (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Basically its 4 rounds , first telephonic round and it was indepth cross check of my understanding on core BA activities and expectations are quiet high expectations for experience people and second round was F2F really very friendly interviewer whom i interacted and again it was mainly to understand BA core skills and situational based questions on my past job and more domain knowledge.. in details how we do requirement gathering and turning into usecase/userstories ....translating to dev team etc.....and lastly manager round which is mainly discussion in general......everything went very well and HR were co-ordinated well.....interview process took 2weeks but releasing offer took 2more weeks for me and finally i have accepted offer

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tavant (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

In the first round they had given me a task which I did as per requirement. Second round was technical round with senior architect did pretty well and got selected for next managerial round which was not good and because the manager was interrupting and not happy with whatever I say and whatever he says was correct. I feel it was waste of time and I was not given the reason of rejection.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tavant (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

3 rounds....First programming round...i have to write 2 programs ,second F2F technical....here too u have to write some progrms logic pseudocode,collection depth questions,3rd F2F with logic of programs and live scenarios of application technical and then HR telephonic.

Interview Questions

• JAVA collections,inheritance,oops concepts,exception,threads,Spring Framework.   Answer Question