Taycor Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2016

2.9

Marketing/Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Here at Taycor Financial I experienced a wonderful interview process. I applied for the job online and received a call back within two days.I first began my interview process with a simple phone call by the president of the company. He asked for a brief description of myself and what hobbies I enjoyed. We then scheduled a day for me to come into the office for my second interview. Once I was at the office I met with the President, who made me feel calm, relaxed and very enthused to be there. My interview was straight to the point of what I wanted out of the position. I was given the weekend to decide if I wanted the position and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (El Segundo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and the CEO was there and got me really excited about the opportunity and then brought me in for an interview. I took the first job I took, and took the position

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Started off with a phone call to give me a little information about the job and to see if I was ok with the job description and then set up a 1 on 1 interview.

It was a pretty basic interview to get to know each other face to face and if we could both work together. Is this somewhere I would want to work and for Taycor if Im someone they could work with. Along with laying out the job description and whats expected.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First we had a phone interview. After the first phone interview we set up a date to meet in person where I met with the manager as well as the person who interviewed me on the phone. They had me fill out a piece of paper with my general information on it. After that they called me back with an offer and i Accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Do you care about cold calling?
      Do you have a positive attitude?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taycor Financial.

Interview

I found their job posting on Monster and applied through my account. I received a call from a recruiter at Taycor later that day. The phone interview took about 10 minutes and questions were introductory and simple. At the end of the phone conversation I was told that I would be contacted again soon to schedule an in person interview.

I received another call back for scheduling the very next day and went into the office the following week. The in office interview was much more thorough and I spoke with a couple different people. Again at the end I was told I would be contacted again soon. Within the next couple days I received another call to schedule a second interview. I went to the office again and spoke with senior management. After my second interview, I was extended my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Junior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial.

Interview

Over the past few months I have been searching online for job opportunities to start once I graduate this June. I didn't think it would be too difficult but for some reason every job I found of interest on job posting sites ended up being a huge scam. After a bunch of discouraging let downs, I was relieved to interview with Taycor.

Taycor, unlike the others I've found, was not a scam and the interview was one of the best I've had. It was a group interview and lasted about an hour. We met a few executives and learned a lot about the company. The environment was a little competitive, but I did my best to stand out of the crowd. It has only been a couple days and I haven't heard back yet, but I'm hoping I get the chance for a second interview... fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Given the choice, what type of equipment would you want your customer to lease and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I found the job posting for the internship on my university’s online career resource center. After reading the description, I emailed my resume and cover letter to the contact listed at the bottom of the page. The very next morning I received an email back from the same contact asking to set up a phone interview. He said he was very impressed by my cover letter and resume, and would love to further discuss my qualifications. We established a time for the conversation early the following week.

The phone interview went very well. It was not intimidating and felt more like a natural conversation instead of a strict, formal interview. The interviewer began by asking me about my previous position and the types of tasks I was used to completing. He also asked me what I ultimately wanted to do with my marketing major. After I described my experiences and goals, he proceeded to tell me about Taycor and what exactly it does. He used analogies to break down the definition, which bettered my understanding of the company and its mission. The interviewer was very friendly and willingly answered any questions I had about the position and the firm. After our conversation, he invited me to come into the office for an in-person interview the following Thursday. Immediately after hanging up the phone, I received an email containing directions to the office and where to park. This was extremely helpful because parking in L.A. can sometimes be a nightmare!

On the morning of the interview, I found the office and parked without any trouble. Upon entering Taycor’s suite, I was greeted by five or six people, including the person whom I had previously spoken with over the phone. Before we got in to talking about the job,the interviewer brought in my resume and offered me some helpful tips and constructive criticism. No company has ever done this for me before and I found it really cool that he wanted to better my resume, even if I did not end up getting the position. It was beneficial because he caught some structural errors that I never would have noticed on my own.

The interviewer then went on to discuss what my job would consist of at Taycor. He was very honest and explained to me that I would be doing operations management—SEO and credit transactions. Afterwards, he went on to explain the company’s business model and broke it down into multiple, comprehensive steps. I really appreciated him taking the time to explain things so slowly because it gave me an understanding of the company as well as what exactly I would be doing each day. Again, the interview felt more like a casual conversation and I felt like I really fit in with the modern company culture. Apart from discussing the job, the interviewer also noted that my hours would be flexible. He told me he needed someone for Tuesdays and Thursdays and that I could pick any other day of the week to come in. He completely understood that I had a busy schedule and reassured me that if I needed to take a day off, it would be no problem. As a busy college student, I really appreciated this flexibility because I would be balancing 5 courses and an internship!

He concluded the interview by offering me the position and I readily accepted. The interview experience with Taycor Financial was highly positive, and I would recommend anyone to pursue a career there.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing with your marketing major in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

*Disclaimer* I would like to establish that I am in no shape or form trying to tarnish the name of Taycor or the person who interviewed me. However I do feel the moral obligation to clearly lay out the negative and positive highlights of both phone and 1:1 interviews.

Base pay:

I applied to Taycor based on the impression that they offered a minimum "annual base pay" of $36K as their website says they do. Unfortunately that is not the case. Taycor offers a pro-rated base pay of $36K annually for the first three months as part of their "training program" and eventually as you begin to establish more partnerships you transition into 100% commission and no salary. Unfortunately, I wasn't told this until my 1:1 interview.

Real-time earnings of Account Executives at Taycor:

I was told in my phone interview that current AE's at Taycor were making a minimum of $60K to $80K in their first year, their website says $55K to $75K in the first year; I figured that the LA office averaged different numbers based on performance. In my 1:1 interview I asked the same question and I was given the same answer. At the end of the interview I said that everything sounded great but I wanted to know what the minimum that an AE in that current office was making annually and the highest that an AE in that current office was making annually. The answer I got was something along the lines of "that's a difficult question to answer but I can say that there is a lot of money to be made in this industry and before the downfall of the US economy some of our sales reps were making up to $200,000." I then asked again and told him that he didn't have to point out the actual AE's and what they were making but I wanted to know what the lowest producer was making and what the highest producer was making. He began his answer with "well that's a very difficult question to answer." I asked why and he said that it was because "this new program is only a few weeks old." I asked this question in my phone interview and in my 1:1 and both times was given an answer that insinuated that actual AE's in the LA office were making this kind of money.

Glassdoor.com reviews:

I was told told that I passed the phone interview which was the "voice over the phone test", then that I passed the 1:1 interview which was the "face to face test", and that the next test was the "writing test" which was to write an "honest review" critiquing the interview process at Taycor. I can only assume that all of the other candidates have been asked to do the same and that is why there are 9 interview reviews on Taycor; all of them positive and none of them are negative or neutral.

As for the positive highlights:

Hiring manager was very friendly and accommodating. The culture of the LA office was very easy going. Based on what the hiring manager said there is a lot of potential to make money in this industry. The hiring manager was very helpful in pointing out errors in my resume that will help me in future jobs I apply for.

In conclusion, I cannot say that Taycor is a bad company to work for. For those answers I would encourage you to search LinkedIn and ask previous employees about their experiences. I can only say that I did not have a positive experience with Taycor and their interview process. I hope that in the future they communicate with interviewees more effectively and truthfully than they did with me.

Summer Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I first learned about Taycor Financial on LionJobs, my university's career website. The job title was simply "Flexible hours, easy work," and I was able to apply online directly through LionJobs by submitting my resume. The very next morning I received a phone call from the supervisor, who was extremely friendly. He wished to schedule an interview as soon as possible but was understanding about the fact that I had final exams coming up. We arranged an interview for the next week, about one week after I had initially submitted the resume.

The interview itself went great. I was nervous because I hadn't been interviewed for a job since high school, but the supervisor was just as friendly in person as he was on the phone. He first complimented me on my resume and even pointed out the one slight technical flaw it had so I could make it even better. He then asked me to tell him a bit about myself. Next, he explained the basics of the company to me - what they do, why they do it, and how they do it. I had researched the company beforehand to get a sense of it but even a candidate who knew nothing about Taycor would have gained a perfect understanding of it after listening to his explanation.

He went on to describe, in a very honest manner, what my particular job would entail. He used the metaphor of building a spaceship: if you instruct one person to build a spaceship, they will have to learn an impossible number of skills and perform an equally impossible number of tasks to complete the ship. But, if you instruct hundreds of different people to learn just one skill and perform that specific task, the process has now become much more efficient and realistic. He also compared it to an assembly line. He made it clear that my job would be comparable to "tightening a bolt over and over" on the "spaceship", and that if I was not interested in performing the same relatively mundane task over and over for days on end, then I should not take this job. I really appreciated his honesty. When I asked what kind of task I might have to do, he gave me two straightforward examples: collecting the logos of vendors off of their websites, or evaluating vendors' websites to see if they are a company that would be profitable for Taycor to work with.

Of course I was not thrilled at the prospect of doing something so menial for days on end but Taycor seemed promising. I felt Taycor was definitely about to experience a lot of growth and that being a part of it would be a great experience. The pay is also quite good for such a simple job. Additionally, the supervisor mentioned that he really did mean it when he said "flexible hours" - if summer school got stressful and I needed a long weekend or needed to call it a day in order to study, he would gladly accommodate me. This is almost unheard of in a job and is obviously very appealing to a college student. So despite the relative unattractiveness of the job description itself, I found myself wanting to accept the offer.

There was one added benefit for me in particular - the supervisor noticed I had put down writing as one of my skills on my resume and wondered if perhaps I could contribute to some of the marketing that Taycor was starting to focus on. Being involved in press releases etc. really excited me. He even said that it could possibly provide me with a chance to climb up a step from the "bolt-tightening" position (though this wasn't for certain at all). Walking into the interview, I didn't think I would be given an opportunity to be involved in marketing or even use my writing skills at all, so this was the highest point of the interview for me. I enjoyed that the supervisor was open-minded and noticed a skill perhaps irrelevant for the actual job he was offering and instead thought of a place in the company where I could apply that skill.

He left me with an open offer and the option to take a week to think about it. I told him I had a couple more job interviews coming up and he urged me to take a better job if it came along. He also encouraged me to send him writing samples and even said that I may still be able to contribute some writing to Taycor despite committing to another job as my main job. I did not actually have many relevant writing samples on my current computer (i.e., news releases, reviews, how-to articles) so he said this wasn't a problem and that I could simply write a review here on glassdoor.com. I could tell he genuinely wanted me to excel, which was refreshing coming from someone who I had just met and who could have easily tricked me into accepting a job that would not utilize my skill set at all. I hope I can accept the offer to work at Taycor, even if it is just contributing to the writing and marketing.

Overall, I appreciated the kindness, flexibility, clarity, and most importantly honesty that I encountered during this interview process with Taycor Financial. I would recommend any interested candidate to pursue a job at this company.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your psychology major?   1 Answer

Vendor Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I learned of the job at Taycor Financial through a friend. It consisted of an in-person interview with a review of my resume. The interviewer also corrected some slight mistakes on my resume to help me for any future jobs. During the interview process, it was clearly laid out as to what the expectations were and the question asked whether or not, the job would be a good fit. Additionally, it was clearly stated of how flexible the job can be for anyone who needs to work with a busy schedule. They are very willing to work with anyone, from any type of background, which was highly appreciated. Overall, the interview was professional and easy-going.