Taycor Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Taycor Financial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Taycor Financial.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and heard back within 1 week or less. The interview was very thorough, both the President of the company and the Credit Manager asked all the right questions i had in mind. I was very happy with the questions they asked as well as we got to talking about personal stuff as well. I felt like they really cared about you and made you feel comfortable during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick and direct process. No beating around the bush. Spoke with the President of the company who was very thorough with his information on what the job entails. I was slightly thrown off because of how genuine and descriptive he was. Most job interviews have you fishing for the right information, but they lay it all out at Taycor.

Interview Questions

• What are you hobbies? What do you like to do outside of work?   1 Answer

Marketing/Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Here at Taycor Financial I experienced a wonderful interview process. I applied for the job online and received a call back within two days.I first began my interview process with a simple phone call by the president of the company. He asked for a brief description of myself and what hobbies I enjoyed. We then scheduled a day for me to come into the office for my second interview. Once I was at the office I met with the President, who made me feel calm, relaxed and very enthused to be there. My interview was straight to the point of what I wanted out of the position. I was given the weekend to decide if I wanted the position and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (El Segundo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and the CEO was there and got me really excited about the opportunity and then brought me in for an interview. I took the first job I took, and took the position

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Started off with a phone call to give me a little information about the job and to see if I was ok with the job description and then set up a 1 on 1 interview.

It was a pretty basic interview to get to know each other face to face and if we could both work together. Is this somewhere I would want to work and for Taycor if Im someone they could work with. Along with laying out the job description and whats expected.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First we had a phone interview. After the first phone interview we set up a date to meet in person where I met with the manager as well as the person who interviewed me on the phone. They had me fill out a piece of paper with my general information on it. After that they called me back with an offer and i Accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Do you care about cold calling?
      Do you have a positive attitude?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taycor Financial.

Interview

I found their job posting on Monster and applied through my account. I received a call from a recruiter at Taycor later that day. The phone interview took about 10 minutes and questions were introductory and simple. At the end of the phone conversation I was told that I would be contacted again soon to schedule an in person interview.

I received another call back for scheduling the very next day and went into the office the following week. The in office interview was much more thorough and I spoke with a couple different people. Again at the end I was told I would be contacted again soon. Within the next couple days I received another call to schedule a second interview. I went to the office again and spoke with senior management. After my second interview, I was extended my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Junior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial.

Interview

Over the past few months I have been searching online for job opportunities to start once I graduate this June. I didn't think it would be too difficult but for some reason every job I found of interest on job posting sites ended up being a huge scam. After a bunch of discouraging let downs, I was relieved to interview with Taycor.

Taycor, unlike the others I've found, was not a scam and the interview was one of the best I've had. It was a group interview and lasted about an hour. We met a few executives and learned a lot about the company. The environment was a little competitive, but I did my best to stand out of the crowd. It has only been a couple days and I haven't heard back yet, but I'm hoping I get the chance for a second interview... fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Given the choice, what type of equipment would you want your customer to lease and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I found the job posting for the internship on my university’s online career resource center. After reading the description, I emailed my resume and cover letter to the contact listed at the bottom of the page. The very next morning I received an email back from the same contact asking to set up a phone interview. He said he was very impressed by my cover letter and resume, and would love to further discuss my qualifications. We established a time for the conversation early the following week.

The phone interview went very well. It was not intimidating and felt more like a natural conversation instead of a strict, formal interview. The interviewer began by asking me about my previous position and the types of tasks I was used to completing. He also asked me what I ultimately wanted to do with my marketing major. After I described my experiences and goals, he proceeded to tell me about Taycor and what exactly it does. He used analogies to break down the definition, which bettered my understanding of the company and its mission. The interviewer was very friendly and willingly answered any questions I had about the position and the firm. After our conversation, he invited me to come into the office for an in-person interview the following Thursday. Immediately after hanging up the phone, I received an email containing directions to the office and where to park. This was extremely helpful because parking in L.A. can sometimes be a nightmare!

On the morning of the interview, I found the office and parked without any trouble. Upon entering Taycor’s suite, I was greeted by five or six people, including the person whom I had previously spoken with over the phone. Before we got in to talking about the job,the interviewer brought in my resume and offered me some helpful tips and constructive criticism. No company has ever done this for me before and I found it really cool that he wanted to better my resume, even if I did not end up getting the position. It was beneficial because he caught some structural errors that I never would have noticed on my own.

The interviewer then went on to discuss what my job would consist of at Taycor. He was very honest and explained to me that I would be doing operations management—SEO and credit transactions. Afterwards, he went on to explain the company’s business model and broke it down into multiple, comprehensive steps. I really appreciated him taking the time to explain things so slowly because it gave me an understanding of the company as well as what exactly I would be doing each day. Again, the interview felt more like a casual conversation and I felt like I really fit in with the modern company culture. Apart from discussing the job, the interviewer also noted that my hours would be flexible. He told me he needed someone for Tuesdays and Thursdays and that I could pick any other day of the week to come in. He completely understood that I had a busy schedule and reassured me that if I needed to take a day off, it would be no problem. As a busy college student, I really appreciated this flexibility because I would be balancing 5 courses and an internship!

He concluded the interview by offering me the position and I readily accepted. The interview experience with Taycor Financial was highly positive, and I would recommend anyone to pursue a career there.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing with your marketing major in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

*Disclaimer* I would like to establish that I am in no shape or form trying to tarnish the name of Taycor or the person who interviewed me. However I do feel the moral obligation to clearly lay out the negative and positive highlights of both phone and 1:1 interviews.

Base pay:

I applied to Taycor based on the impression that they offered a minimum "annual base pay" of $36K as their website says they do. Unfortunately that is not the case. Taycor offers a pro-rated base pay of $36K annually for the first three months as part of their "training program" and eventually as you begin to establish more partnerships you transition into 100% commission and no salary. Unfortunately, I wasn't told this until my 1:1 interview.

Real-time earnings of Account Executives at Taycor:

I was told in my phone interview that current AE's at Taycor were making a minimum of $60K to $80K in their first year, their website says $55K to $75K in the first year; I figured that the LA office averaged different numbers based on performance. In my 1:1 interview I asked the same question and I was given the same answer. At the end of the interview I said that everything sounded great but I wanted to know what the minimum that an AE in that current office was making annually and the highest that an AE in that current office was making annually. The answer I got was something along the lines of "that's a difficult question to answer but I can say that there is a lot of money to be made in this industry and before the downfall of the US economy some of our sales reps were making up to $200,000." I then asked again and told him that he didn't have to point out the actual AE's and what they were making but I wanted to know what the lowest producer was making and what the highest producer was making. He began his answer with "well that's a very difficult question to answer." I asked why and he said that it was because "this new program is only a few weeks old." I asked this question in my phone interview and in my 1:1 and both times was given an answer that insinuated that actual AE's in the LA office were making this kind of money.

Glassdoor.com reviews:

I was told told that I passed the phone interview which was the "voice over the phone test", then that I passed the 1:1 interview which was the "face to face test", and that the next test was the "writing test" which was to write an "honest review" critiquing the interview process at Taycor. I can only assume that all of the other candidates have been asked to do the same and that is why there are 9 interview reviews on Taycor; all of them positive and none of them are negative or neutral.

As for the positive highlights:

Hiring manager was very friendly and accommodating. The culture of the LA office was very easy going. Based on what the hiring manager said there is a lot of potential to make money in this industry. The hiring manager was very helpful in pointing out errors in my resume that will help me in future jobs I apply for.

In conclusion, I cannot say that Taycor is a bad company to work for. For those answers I would encourage you to search LinkedIn and ask previous employees about their experiences. I can only say that I did not have a positive experience with Taycor and their interview process. I hope that in the future they communicate with interviewees more effectively and truthfully than they did with me.