Teachers on Reserve Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Teachers on Reserve

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Teachers on Reserve

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The initial application was unreasonably long. One part of the application included 11 short and long answer questions. It took almost three full months to hear back from this company. At that time I was given much more detail about the company. They pay substantially less then school districts for subbing. The average pay is 15 per hour. Pay is dependent on grade level and whether the school requires a credential. Preschool pay is $11. Unless you live in the LA area interviews are done by Skype and are said to last an hour. Once you do all of this you also have to pay for a full background check (about $80) even if you have undergone one recently or have a California license. You must also attend an orientation. You must agree to be available at least two days a week. Moreover, you must agree to answer your phone from 6am to 9am and be able to be out the door in less than half an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with difficult students?   1 Answer

It is insulting what they pay for fully licensed teachers. Their pay would negatively impact my unemployment. Working for them would drop my already low income.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional and efficient. He asked me a series of questions all relating to my previous classroom experience including strategies and methodologies that I had used in the past.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle discipline problems?
      What was your most memorable teaching assignment?
      What is the most important rule being a substitute teacher?
      What grade levels would you like to teach?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve (San Francisco, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Pretty casual skype interview. Gave a lot information about the process and how the substitute assignments would work as everything is online or over the phone.
    Asked about how teaching fits in your current life and goals for the future. The interviewer also asked a few "what if" scenarios. Offered the position at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve (Glendale, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online. There were several questions in the application that asked about classroom management, problems that subs may have, and scenario questions. Once I submitted my application, I got an email soon after to set up an interview. I interviewed with Skye McKenzie, who was very personable and friendly. The interview went well, and I was asked to be a substitute right after my interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was what is the most important thing that a substitute does. I hadn't really thought about the question before the interview, so I was not really prepared to answer it.   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve.

Interview

I submitted an application and was contacted eight months later. I interviewed in person and got the job.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve.

Interview

I filled out the application online. I selected the time I want to interview online. The recruiter was friendly and I was hired at the end of the interview. I accepted the job and started within 7 days after completing the required forms.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

Rude, belittling, unprofessional, and a general waste of my time. The interviewer began by criticizing my interests, little details about my life, and small complications with the internet. She ended by saying to me, and this is a direct quote, "I know you just graduated from college, but you need to figure out exactly what it means to be successful in the world." She pretty much intimidated me into thinking that TOR is a bigger, better opportunity for me.

Teachers on Reserve Response

May 5, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

I'm so sorry that your interview with us left you feeling frustrated. That was certainly not our intention. We always attempt to make teachers feel comfortable during an interview because that's the... More

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve (Glendale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with the Recruitment Manager, Skye McKenzie, at the office in Glendale. He was very welcoming and polite, and had a great time talking about my experiences in a variety of fields, even those that didn't directly influence my hiring! Overall, a great guy and experience!

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if you walked into the classroom, and no lesson plans had been left?

Q: What would you do if kids were unruly, were ignoring you, were generally disruptive?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve.

Interview

It was really easy--more like a conversation with someone else who is knowledgeable in your field than an interview. We reviewed my resume together, and I was asked to elaborate on certain experiences as a teacher.

Interview Questions

• You have a roomful of noisy students. What would you do as the sub for the day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teachers on Reserve (North Hollywood, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

One time the interview was one on one. Another time the interview was of multiple candidates; I think it depends on how many applicants respond. They asked a few basic questions and determined my professionalism and motivation for applying and told me immediately I was accepted. I had answered a newspaper ad which I rarely do, and had shown up about 10-15 minutes early. I walked in professionally dressed and with a folder containing my paperwork, consisting of transcripts, my credentials. and more than one recommendation. They appeared to be as prepared to receive candidates as I was prepared to be interviewed

Interview Questions

• What in your background qualifies you to be a substitute teacher? Another question was what was your most difficult situation and how did you over come the difficulty? I can't really remember most of the questions, I think because none of them were very difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I was hired on the spot.