Technology Service Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technology Service Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Technology Service Corporation

Simulation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technology Service Corporation (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with several different members of the team, as well as the HR coordinator. They focused a lot on what I had learned from previous projects - they weren't applicable to the position, but they wanted to know about my work process. Additionally, there was a technical interview where I had to debug some code in either C++ or Java. They weren't necessarily looking for you to fix it, but they wanted to see your thought process and get a feel for your comfort with these languages.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Technology Service Corporation (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

First interview process starts off with a phone interview. The interview is usually with a the Engineering Manager and a couple of group managers. The process then leads to a face to interview. I started off with meeting human resources and then managers and engineers at the company. The process is pretty straight forward.

Since the company does most of the business with the department of defense, a lot of the positions are based on awarded contracts and the need to fill positions to finish the projects.

Interview Questions

• Some of the most difficult questions are "where do you see yourself in 5 years." Mostly difficult because it hard to answer when you don't necessary know the company and your 5 year plan may not even include working with the company. I hate these questions and those that ask them really don't know how to conduct an informative interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for negotiating. Salaries are based on how the contracts for the defense were awarded.

Lead Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Technology Service Corporation (Fairfax, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two individuals, one in the room and one on the phone. They started off with a description of what kind of individual they were looking to fill the position and I followed up with examples of how my experiences mirrored their expectations.

There was a very solid dialog between me and the interviewers throughout the entire process. Extremely open and interested individuals.

The interview ended with an introduction to the division lead and a tour around the office. My gut instinct said that the interview was exceptional and I expected to hear about an offer within days.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were easily answered. The question about salary is always a gamble.   1 Answer

Radar Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Technology Service Corporation (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

Relatively small company with a personable HR department administrator who setup my interview time and schedule. I was "rushed" in because of time constraints on my availability (i.e., I had another offer pending). I interviewed with 4 or 5 managers, some of whom were still technically involved on a daily basis.
    The interview questions were standard questions regarding my resume and work experience. They also described the company and it's workload and where I may fit in. Overall, I thought the interview process to be straightforward, and standard. The only grey area I experience was my interview with there chief scientist, who asked me about work I had done several years ago, and which was unrelated to the position I was interviewing for. However, he explained why he was asking his questions and since he is a phD, I understood that he wanted to use this as a teaching example as well as interview.
    The strangest thing however, was that I was told by several of my interviewers (including the general manager) that I was a strong candidate and was all but practically assured an offer within a day or two. Only to wake up the next morning and find that they decided to keep searching for a candidate with more broad experience in the field. That was devastating, given the repeated assurances that I had received the day prior that they believed I was a good fit. So I rate this interview experience as negative based solely on the fact that I felt lead on, when in all honesty, they could have simply not said anything and than declined to make me an offer. As opposed to gushing over me and my resume, and than declining to make an offer.