Tefen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tefen Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First I was asked to take a 25 question GMAT style assessment administered online, which was to be returned via email within one hour. Passed the exam and was scheduled for an in-person interview. In person I interviewed with three different individuals (project managers and a director). During the in-person interview I was asked a series of questions aiming to assess my problem solving style, as well as personality/behavioral questions. The usual questions were also asked - walk me through your resume, why consulting, why are you a good fit for Tefen, etc.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First round was a quick GMAT-type assessment over e-mail. Next, was brought in for an interview session that lasted about 3 hours. Had 1 hour with Project Managers, 1 hour with the Director and 1 hour with the COO from Israel. There was another candidate there at the same time, and we traded rooms/people to interview and left together, which was a little awkward.

Interviews with both the Project Managers and Director were similar and pretty straightforward: about yourself, behavorial, case and Q&A. The Project Managers were more rigorous with their questions, but very detailed and reasonable. The Director was very congenial and seems like an awesome person. The COO was mainly high level and informational. Everyone I spoke with was great and seemed like very nice and smart people, high energy and enthusiastic.

My impression leaving was that it seemed like a pretty great place to work with motivated and smart colleagues and I would have been excited to join. I was fortunate enough to receive an offer, but had insurmountable concerns over whether Tefen was a revolving door for consultants and the salary was much lower than expected for the role and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Standard case study: make a case if this restaurant should open in this location or not.   1 Answer
    • 3 weaknesses and strengths.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews: project manager #1: behavioral, project manager #2: large case study about optimizing healthcare operattions

Passed the phone interview and was invited to interview in the office. I had two in-person interviews:
    1 with a director, 1 with the COO. Had a case with the director. Had a case about a fast food chain with the director. The COO barely knew English and had difficulty keeping the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate bottlenecks in a manufacturing process?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tefen in July 2015.

Interview

Began with an analytical test, then phone interview, two Skype interviews and finally an in-person interview which I declined to attend. Interviews had to be re-scheduled numerous times or interviewers were late to call. No travel re-imbursement for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical scenarios involving marketing ideas, outreach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY).

Interview

there was an initial phone screen and then a follow up - both contained mini case studies very relevant to the position i was applying for. this was followed by an in-person interview where there were two interviewers (separate sessions), lots of explanation of the role and descriptions of current projects, and included case studies as well looking to see how you would talk through / approach real-life consulting problems.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. Just going over my resume, nothing special. Then they sent me a test , which is very similar to GMAT. I had an hour to send it back. After that, there was a case/behavioral interview which lasted almost 3 hours. I interviewed 3 different people and they were all very nice and kind

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Fairly normal interviewing process for consultants consisting of a test and a few interviews. Be prepared for a variety of case studies and to try and think outside of the box.

The only issue I had, which is no real big deal, is that fact that you may interview with multiple people with heavy accents. This just made communication a bit difficult.

Interview Questions

• Ways to increase the sales of a automotive repair shop.   Answer Question

Project Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tefen (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Sat down and talked to two individuals from the company. I was then given a couple of scenarios to solve on my own. I was asked to talk about leadership roles on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a needle out of a haystack?   1 Answer

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

There was a phone interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. I was invited back for a second interview consisting of a group interview session, psychometric testing, a five minute pitch on why I should be hired, and a sales simulation.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tefen (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Process takes a whole day. There are simulations of job duties with a partner, sales pitches, and a group session with other candidates. Meant to test the fit and ability to persevere.

Interview Questions

• Which 2 of our 5 values do you embody (on back of a business card)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is minimal, annual bonus is able to be incorporated into annual salary.