Teledyne Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies (Falmouth, MA).

Interview

Phone screen came before in person interview. In person interview was with the people I'd mainly be working with, and tested my general knowledge in programming languages I'd be utilizing on the job.

Interview Questions

• When you define a variable in C, where is it stored?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was simple inetrviw, people seemd nice. Asked couple technical questions and a lot of questions regarding team paying, hobbies, schedule preferences. They about previous work experiences and education ..........

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Got two phone interviews, first by Director of Engineering, second by the Director. About 3-4 weeks after, got a phone call by the HR to schedule a on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• How to build a discrete time low pass filter? How to do integration on Matlab?   Answer Question

IC Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies.

Interview

Phone interview discussing my resume and past projects followed with one of the head engineers. Follow up included on site interview meeting with various engineers (Analog and Digital IC design) and a project manager.

Interview Questions

• Discussing past projects. Design a 2 tap digital filter using Adders. Model Frequency response of a capacitor circuit. Sudo Verilog code for a FSM.   1 Answer

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Ridge, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies (Chestnut Ridge, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First step is a behavioral phone interview. Second step is a technical phone interview with a senior software engineer. Final step is an onsite interview in New York. 6 interviews of 30 mins each. Languages and technologies used are C++ and Python.

Interview Questions

• Hundreds of questions regarding C++ and Python programming.   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies.

Interview

Very informative on the position duties and benefits of the job u was interviewing for. Seems to be a very good company to work for. They said it would be up to three weeks before I would hear anything back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies.

Interview

All day interview, 1 hour presentation, examination with all members. I was told my graduate work and ideas were "iterative" and not the moonshots DARPA wants. Which is ironic, since the projects they showed me were uninteresting and incomplete. The office is mostly empty and the employees save for one were grumpy and hostile. They can't fill even simple software developer roles. Seriously, avoid so Teledyne can finally shut down this place.

Interview Questions

• What are your math skills in (every single field imaginable).   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Teledyne Brown had a local job fair where they also conducted mini-interviews to get to know you. Interview was very brief and only lasted 2-3 minutes each. Very low pressure environment. Interviewer was easy going and personable.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions. Why do you want to work in accounting? What area of accounting do you like best?   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a referral and that helped me to reach to the point when the phone screening was conducted. They called the other day, 1st call was from HR. Nice young lady asked some questions about my salary expectations and why I was looking to change the job. Then in 3-4 weeks I got another call from Support manager, the conversation went great but..I have never heard anything back since then which is frustrating. I asked my referral to follow up and I got some information that they felt like I am week on the hardware side while in reality we have not discussed on anything on hw side as they were looking for someone with sw experience. I found out that they hired some recent graduate instead, for very little $ so I think that was the issue. In any case I don't appreciate the way they handle the post interview process - no feedback is always a bad thing.

Interview Questions

• Day to day activities overview, some background check during phone screening.   1 Answer

Model Design Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teledyne Technologies (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Design and build a subsea comm station for the navy,classified system,I can't talk to much about this project it in service still for the Navy know as gateway.they couldn't tell me a lot at the interview because in was a secret. They called it a dog house under water and I had 6 month to design a frame and build it. I told them it sounds easy, they said wen can you start. I said Now! The next day I got my ITAR and clearance in place .

Interview Questions

• If I can hold a classified security clearance   1 Answer
    • What scale is your model railroad   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well areotek redid my resume and left out key info, good thing I had a copy of my or resume or I wouldn't get the job. I had worked for the Navy in the past under NRL labs and NAVSEA that got me the job and all being a model railroaded helped all so , details and patience.