Telenav Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telenav Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

GIS Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telenav.

Interview

The interview was long and grueling. It lasted 5 hours and I interviewed with no fewer than 5 people, one of them from another state via Skype. It included typical interview questions (tell us about your experience...), brain teasers and a test of writing Python code.

Interview Questions

• You are playing repeated games of Rock, Paper, Scissors. You know that 50% of the time your opponent is guaranteed to choose Rock. You don't know what they will choose the other 50% of the time. What is your strategy to win more than 50% of the games?   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telenav in June 2017.

Interview

Professional recruiter call and good conversation. The next up was a call with a hiring manager who was insecure and didn't want to consider a strong candidate but get one of his buddies.

IOS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Telenav in May 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone screen, where they ask you general non-technical stuff. Then there is a phone technical interview that focuses on iOS libraries and infrastructure (very specific to that end). Basically things you do on a day to day basis. There was no data structures or algorithm questions.

IOS Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telenav.

Interview

Interviewers lost in a time warp. I was asked riddles and - Can't get into specifics but I'm referring to riddles of the kind that's unaccepted in today's interviews. Totally uncalled for. Waste of time and commute.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Telenav (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

GOOD phone screen, onsite - lots of people in the process but i hope that makes the decision easier and faster.

The receptionist was so friendly and if that represents the rest of the company that says a lot. She told me a little bit about the culture and what a great place it was. most receptionists just check you in and let you sit and wait, very outgoing.

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Telenav.

Interview

They don't seem to value people's time. I went back and forth with the recruiter about scheduling multiple times. The first interview I was scheduled for did not happen. and about a week later I got an apology from the interviewer.

Overall, I was already unimpressed.

Interview Questions

• We need to educate management on the importance of communications. How will you do that?   Answer Question
    • There is a lot of urgency to support launches but I expect you to focus on strategic communications. How will you balance that.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telenav (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very unorganized and not friendly for me. I applied in october2011 and they called me in a week. Telephonic round and HR round was very well professionally done. Face to face was not well organized. The meeting rooms were less lighted and markers didn't work. For a manual QA position they asked me to write PL SQL by one person and and the next interviewer asked for C++ code. one person was interviewing and other person jumped into the room and they kept meeting room door open. I was not so comfortable to continue the interview or join the company.

Interview Questions

• write PL SQL statement for the give table using outer joins and primary key. Explain the logic in reference to the database table provided.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telenav.

Interview

The interview was very comfortable, and they asked very reasonable questions. People were very sincere without giving hard time. I think it was one of the best interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer without negotiation since I like the product and people very much, and my commute is also good in the Bay area. They offered a very competitive package, and I do not want to be too greedy.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Telenav (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a very good interview with this company. But they denied me showing a surprising excuse with less experience. Its took two weeks to get call for interview after submitting my resume.

Interview Questions

• first round was basic in algorithm like hash, binary search...multithreading...in the second round they gave me a problem to solve related with reverse string   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Telenav (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was straightforward. Some questions about background. Brief description about the work I did previously. A sample presentation of the work I did previously. Some SQL queries. Salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• How can you improve the present visuals. Can you show us a demo.   Answer Question