Tennant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tennant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2017

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tennant (Golden Valley, MN).

Interview

Meet with HR Generalist, Finance Mgr, and Dir of Finance. HR generalist was more explanation of company’s benefits and culture. Interview with Finance Mgr was situational questions, and Dir was more conversational direct questions. Straightforward refreshing interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to address a leaders project assumptions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tennant.

Interview

Started phone screen very promising with some individuals. Went sour with a manager who was rude, confrontational, and projected his personal deficiencies towards me. I noticed this aggression in another Minnesota interview. Is that the business climate/ people culture of the area? Glad to know this now.

Interview Questions

• Aggressive, accusatory. Quite remarkable. I've not encountered this in any other area.   Answer Question

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Next step was in-person with hiring manager, Director and HR person, then members of technical staff, as well as the hiring manager, so kind of a panel type interview.

I felt the interview went fairly well, but then had absolutely zero feedback from the company after the interview and thank you emails. Nothing. Crickets. Although to be fair, this was about the same amount of feedback I received from other companies I interviewed with, so they aren't unique in that regard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tennant.

Interview

Traveled 45 minutes out of town to meet area manager. They liked me and i did a 1 day unpaid ride along. I was offered position, took and passed physical and background check. Ordered uniforms, filled out paperwork only to get a call from recruiter that my physical wasnt good and they rescinded offer. Keep in mind i was cleared to work by doctor of their xhoice. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What doesva relay do? Can you read schematics?   2 Answers

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was good with the manager. Few technical questions and some background. Process for the hiring manager round was the first stages and then next stages are the manager round. The manager round was good which was almost a 45 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Infrastructure of you previous company and how to handle it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went through the process twice. First time I was contacted by email and replied with times that would work. She emailed me the day of and pushed it back a day. We spoke the next day and all went well. I followed up twice only to get a rejection email a month later.
    Second time I applied and got an email later that week to set up a phone interview. I replied with good times and she emails me the morning of at 8:38 saying "I will call you at 9:30 today" only to never call. I emailed her back only to have her say "things came up, no worries. How does next Tuesday work?". I agreed even though I was pissed and she never called then either.
    I would never want to work for such an unprofessional company!

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational based questions   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tennant.

Interview

Applied online - I received a call immediately to schedule a phone interview, after several attempts and several weeks - the phone interview occurred just to have the recruiting manager go radio silent with no follow up.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Started via recruiter and then went through a phone interview with Tennant. The interview then progressed to an in-person interview with several people in succession. It was more of a 'get to know your session rather than a dry predictable interview. I was then brought back to meet with the VP who again handled the interview more like a discussion than a typical interview. After the formal interviews I was sent to the employment psychologist who evaluates your personality and the fit for the job.

Everyone was very professional and they made me feel very comfortable. What impressed me the most was the final 'interview' where they brought me in to speak with 4 people at once ... however it wasn't to ask me more questions, rather they wanted to get together to tell me what to expect at Tennant. It was very thoughtful to tell me with candor that the new position isn't going to be sunshine and rainbows, rather they told me some of the situations that I'd be getting into. I really appreciated the candor and the upfront information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle difficult customer situations.   1 Answer

Senior Talent Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was facilitated both professionally and strategically by Tennant. The recruiter clearly understood the needs of the position and asked relevant screening questions in the beginning of the process. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager also asked great questions, but she was also effective in explaining specific details regarding the position, so that I could determine if it was right for me. After that, I was invited back on two separate occasions for onsite interviews. It was clear, on both occasions, that each member of the interview team was well prepared and understood what aspect of the job they were evaluating me on. The recruiter kept me well informed throughout the entire process, and she let me know what to expect well in advance of each step. It was a great experience in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were a good mix of questions related to things that I have done/accomplished in previous roles as well as behavioral based questions related to competencies they were looking for in the position.   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

1 phone screen by HR, 1 phone screen by the hiring manager, then an onsite interview with 7 people across the organization. The people were nice, but the organization is not quite world class. A few people did impress me, though some others were lacking in professionalism: a lack of attention to followup, poor response rate, and I was never reimbursed for travel expenses as they stopped returning calls/answering messages.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were all behavioral, no case-based. Looking for examples of leadership, conflict resolution, challenge, etc.; about 75% of the interview content was regarding "can you do the job" and 25% around "do you want the job"   Answer Question

Tennant Response

Jun 30, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. At Tennant, we strive to provide world class service to our candidates, customers and employees each day. We are dedicated to supporting a process that is effective and... More