Tennant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tennant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tennant.

Interview

Traveled 45 minutes out of town to meet area manager. They liked me and i did a 1 day unpaid ride along. I was offered position, took and passed physical and background check. Ordered uniforms, filled out paperwork only to get a call from recruiter that my physical wasnt good and they rescinded offer. Keep in mind i was cleared to work by doctor of their xhoice. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What doesva relay do? Can you read schematics?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went through the process twice. First time I was contacted by email and replied with times that would work. She emailed me the day of and pushed it back a day. We spoke the next day and all went well. I followed up twice only to get a rejection email a month later.
    Second time I applied and got an email later that week to set up a phone interview. I replied with good times and she emails me the morning of at 8:38 saying "I will call you at 9:30 today" only to never call. I emailed her back only to have her say "things came up, no worries. How does next Tuesday work?". I agreed even though I was pissed and she never called then either.
    I would never want to work for such an unprofessional company!

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational based questions   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tennant.

Interview

Applied online - I received a call immediately to schedule a phone interview, after several attempts and several weeks - the phone interview occurred just to have the recruiting manager go radio silent with no follow up.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Started via recruiter and then went through a phone interview with Tennant. The interview then progressed to an in-person interview with several people in succession. It was more of a 'get to know your session rather than a dry predictable interview. I was then brought back to meet with the VP who again handled the interview more like a discussion than a typical interview. After the formal interviews I was sent to the employment psychologist who evaluates your personality and the fit for the job.

Everyone was very professional and they made me feel very comfortable. What impressed me the most was the final 'interview' where they brought me in to speak with 4 people at once ... however it wasn't to ask me more questions, rather they wanted to get together to tell me what to expect at Tennant. It was very thoughtful to tell me with candor that the new position isn't going to be sunshine and rainbows, rather they told me some of the situations that I'd be getting into. I really appreciated the candor and the upfront information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle difficult customer situations.   1 Answer

Senior Talent Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was facilitated both professionally and strategically by Tennant. The recruiter clearly understood the needs of the position and asked relevant screening questions in the beginning of the process. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager also asked great questions, but she was also effective in explaining specific details regarding the position, so that I could determine if it was right for me. After that, I was invited back on two separate occasions for onsite interviews. It was clear, on both occasions, that each member of the interview team was well prepared and understood what aspect of the job they were evaluating me on. The recruiter kept me well informed throughout the entire process, and she let me know what to expect well in advance of each step. It was a great experience in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were a good mix of questions related to things that I have done/accomplished in previous roles as well as behavioral based questions related to competencies they were looking for in the position.   1 Answer

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

1 phone screen by HR, 1 phone screen by the hiring manager, then an onsite interview with 7 people across the organization. The people were nice, but the organization is not quite world class. A few people did impress me, though some others were lacking in professionalism: a lack of attention to followup, poor response rate, and I was never reimbursed for travel expenses as they stopped returning calls/answering messages.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were all behavioral, no case-based. Looking for examples of leadership, conflict resolution, challenge, etc.; about 75% of the interview content was regarding "can you do the job" and 25% around "do you want the job"   Answer Question

Tennant Response

Jun 30, 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. At Tennant, we strive to provide world class service to our candidates, customers and employees each day. We are dedicated to supporting a process that is effective and ... More

Director Global Strategic Supply Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Golden Valley, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Several very in depth interviews, met with several Senior leaders and had a behavioral evaluation that I found very interesting. I liked that each person approached the interview slightly different with the hiring manager mostly answering questions vs getting asked the same questions over and over. I learned so much during the process about the company and the leadership style and commitment, it made making a decision so much easier.

Interview Questions

• Give an example that demonstrates you understand 7 Step process   Answer Question

Field Service Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Golden Valley, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen with a recruiter followed by a half day of in person interviews. I was scheduled with 4 different Tennant leaders that the role would work with on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• They asked numerous questions about my leadership experience, managing through change, and employee development.   Answer Question

Dispatch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tennant (Golden Valley, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Very smooth recruitment and interview process. The TA team did a great job of setting the expectations as well as who I would be meeting with, locations and durations. Overall it was a very good experience with a good team. Meeting with senior and director level managers was a comfortable, engaging experience that fostered good conversation with everyone involved.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked with implementing new systems with established teams in the past?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tennant (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

This was a very professional process - initial phone interview from HR then in person interview. The HR manager was very good at keeping me updated on the progress of the hiring process. The in person interview was held at one of the nicer local hotels - I was offered bottled water. The hiring manager was prepared with a list of questions that he wanted to address but made sure that there was plenty of time for me to ask questions about the job itself and the industry overall. I was contacted by phone three business days after my in person interview and informed of the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a deal that you lost due to your own fault.   Answer Question
    • Describe your greatest weakness - please do not give a canned answer but let me know where or how I can best help you in the position if you are selected.   Answer Question