Teq Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Teq

2.7

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teq (Huntington, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Was given a brief detail of the job, Spoke about personal work and professional work experiences, relaxed interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was made an offer and came back with counter offer.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Teq (Huntington Station, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The first communication I received was an email outlining the position. I then responded to the email and thereafter an interview was scheduled. I met with HR Coordinator and the Chief Sales Officer. They express that this was a newly created position and looking to have a total of 20 inside sales representatives. Although they have hired teachers they are looking for those with experience in sales. I then took a personality test that day and was told I would be contacted. Three days later I received a email from the HR Coordinator stating that I had made it to the next step. I called the HR Coordinator to find out the details. At that time I was told I would have my second interview over GoToMeeting. I prepared a PowerPoint presentation, which I was to present and try to sell one of their products during my interview. Five days later I presented over a webcam to the HR Coordinator, Chief Sales Coordinator and Grant and Fund Raising Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? what experience do you have in sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I believe that their overall compensation package is very good (salary, commission, full benefits, all holidays observed, etc.)

IT Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teq.

Interview

Polite but unprofessional interview process plagued by lack of or miscommunication. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter via email to set up an interview time with the HR Manager. We exchanged a few emails trying to set up a time but nothing was confirmed. The next day there was a missed call and voicemail from the HR manager about an interview we were supposed to have, but I was never informed of a time. We rescheduled for several days later but I was not called at the agreed upon time. I emailed and was informed with apologies that the HR manager was sick that day. We tried again to reschedule, and again I was not called at the specified time. It was not until the following day that I was informed, with sincerest apologies, that the recruiter was asked to go to a job fair at the last minute. These things happen, but I think it goes without saying that in these cases the candidate should be informed prior to the interview being missed. Moving on, the recruiter apologized again and asked me if I would come into the office for a face to face interview. With my expectations not being great, I asked to have a phone screen first to go over some basics. We finally arranged and had our phone screen, the recruiter was very friendly and polite over the phone. When the time came to discuss salary and I gave my history and expectations, the interview ended quickly - which is fine and understandable. The recruiter promised to inform me by the end of the day whether my expectations were in their range and if I should come in for an in person interview. I never heard back again, which was not a surprise by that point. I definitely understand that a small company like won't have the HR/recruiting resources as a larger organization. But an effort should be made to follow some basic established/expected recruiting guidelines. Make sure you confirm interview times with a candidate. When you are going to miss an interview, call or email the candidate ahead of time and reschedule. When you promise to get back to someone, do it, etc.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teq (Huntington, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

5 interviews in total.

First interview over the phone, if passed HR will send you a test (second interview). If you pass the test there will be a third round interview with a manager on the phone. Once you pass that they bring you in for a fourth in person interview, to interview with 2-3 managers (one at a time). And finally if you make it to the last round the fifth round interview, you will be required to present in front of 2 managers. The content and whatever you need is given to you. You prepare for a couple of days and go in to to present. Then after fifth they will make their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience?
      Why Sales (or whatever department you are applying for)?
      What are some of your hobbies?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

first i had a phone interview then they brought me in to their office and had an in person interview which went well then i they had me give a a phone presentation on a product to test my sales skills. The company is very thorough in their interview process.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teq (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview, then was called in for an in person interview. They told me that I would hear from them but never did. They were very unprofessional. The HR person they had working for them in the middle of the process left the company.

Technical Support Interview

Interview

I would not suggest working for this company so if you are reading this don't bother submitting your resume, simply hit the back arrow and run away in the other direction

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Station, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Teq (Huntington Station, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

I spoke to a project manager and a senior level engineer and they asked me a lot of technical questions which I was able to successfully answer. The recruiter herself was not at the interview. The day after, I got a call telling me that they would like to make me an offer and was advised to hand in my two weeks notice here because they needed me to start in two weeks. I did as they said and resigned from my current job.

Two days later, I called back to ask a couple of questions about the offer and they said that an offer was never made to me. The recruiter apologized for her mistake and said that she would consider me for a junior level position (pft, yeah right). Sure enough, I never got that phone call.

Not only did I lose the "job offer", I also lost my current job. This company screwed me over so hard and all I got was an apology. The worst part of it is is that there is no legal recourse.

Interview Questions

• What software do you use to write code?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teq (Huntington, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Relentless questions and they want to own you in the ends. Don't know why I accepted after I heard about work-life balance. But I was desperate for a job and Yesed them.

Interview Questions

• Whether you are ready to work 80 hour weeks   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teq (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with very young HR recruiter. Very basic questioning, ie "what is your biggest weakness" rather than a more behavioral interview which would be more appropriate for this position.
    After the phone interview the HR contact said they would probably like to have me talk with the sales manager next. First I would need to complete the Caliper assessment test that they use. Apparently I scored low on certain "important" sales areas and was not granted a second interview. Any reputable company would place no more than 1/3 of the total interview weight on an assessment like this, and NEVER should they be used as a pass/fail. My background and sales history are impeccable and a near perfect fit for the job yet I didn't fit the assessment's profile. Rather than have a second phone interview and ASK about these specific "shortcomings" to learn more about the candidate they choose not to have me back. I told the recruiter that I found the response from Teq to be both comical and insulting at the same time. GOOD sales people are different from one another, different styles and personalities make them unique and not cookie cutter clones. This personality test and the P/F type of use for a candidate is in my opinion a BIG RED FLAG as to how a company selects employees. Also of interest, and something I was planning to bring up when I received the second phone interview (in my mind there was no doubt I should get to the next stage) was part of the job description given to me from the HR contact. I had the printed description from the recruiter and am very much aware that HR people don't always have information on some of the finer details of the job but one of the last items she mentioned is that the sales person would be required to talk with their manager at the end of each day. RED FLAG #2. Clearly this is a company that is looking to micro manage the sales staff.