Terrace Smiles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terrace Smiles Interview Questions

3.8

Receptionist/Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple Terrace, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terrace Smiles (Temple Terrace, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I emailed an email I found on a job posting, I was then emailed back to stop by the office and fill out an application. The women that emailed me stated that she'll be in the office until 8:45a so I stopped by right after working an overnight shift at my current job. I get to the dental office and another employee open the door. I explained why I was there and so she gave me an application. I filled out the application and return it to the receptionist and she stated that another employee was coming and he will test me. I was really confused but agreed. After an hour later he arrive. He sat in the office for 10 mins and then took me to the back and gave me a IQ test of 80 for 30 mins and then he stater after that test there was another of some sort ..at that moment I giggled and said "wow, I've never did this before!" So after 30 questions in I decided to decline the opportunity because first , the women I was emailing NEVER showed, second I waited an hr for another employee to arrive, thirdly, the test was silly with questions asking "if the moon is to earth than earth is to .." lol smh, and lastly I just got off work from a 10 hr shift and I was NEVER once informed that I'd take an IQ test. I was not mentally prepared for that. My mind and body was tired. I figured I'd fill out the application and may be ask a few questions and sent on my mere way. If the IQ test was made to my attention I would have scheduled for another day or even later that day just to get rest from working the night before. I regret that it ended that way but c'mon that was so unprofessional in my opinion .. and really? An IQ test at a dental office! Dental Assisting go to school for their position and receptionist gain experience from employers. An IQ test is beyond ridiculous! Good luck if your interviewing here!

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terrace Smiles in January 2013.

Interview

They call you and tell you to come for an interview at an exact time (doesn't matter if it's a time that works for you or not). You find out why once you get there: it's a cattle call and there's about 12 other people interviewing that day too. Yay! As you have read in other reviews, the Dr will tell you a bit about himself and then he will give you a piece of paper and quiz (yes, like in elementary school) you about what he just said. I have no idea if he actually checks your answers or not, because I tried to joke with him about one of my answers duing my one on one interview and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. After the quiz, he calls you back one at a time and talks with you. During the interview, he did not want to be relaxed or conversational. I felt that he was trying to intimidate me with his tone and cockiness and felt like a drill sergent was asking me questions. He asked me to come back for "personality testing" and a working interview, but I declined. It didn't seem like the type of enviornment I would want to work in.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical interview questions. They were not difficult, but I didn't like the demeaning way that they were asked and the fact that he made me feel like a 6 year old child who had been bad.   Answer Question

Receptionist/PR Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple Terrace, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Terrace Smiles (Temple Terrace, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

My first interview:

I arrived on time but they were not ready. I filled out an application and a half hour later, they gave me and another girl a presentation about the dentist and the office, then gave us a test on what she just told us. We then had one on one interviews where they asked typical interview questions. I was told to come back for a second interview.

2nd interview:
    I arrived at 8am.
    I was told to follow a to do list for a day to see if I could handle the work. I folded 50-100 patient mailings, made a sample thank you letter to the patients for referring a friend, then I was told to go out in the community and give a survey to 3-5 people who fit their demographic. (She told me to look for people driving nice cars). After I gave these potential patients a survey, I was supposed to tell them they can get a free cleaning at the office and I would take their name, address, phone, and email... After I told Jodie I would not be able to go out in the community today, she told me to walk around the business park and ask people. I am not sure why I went through with it but I did.

I got back and did a 200 question personality test, 70 question timed IQ test, and another 10 question IQ test.

Jodie told me she would call me the next day and never did... 4 hours of a "second interview."

Marketing/PR Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple Terrace, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Terrace Smiles (Temple Terrace, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

They bring everyone into the office in a group. Then they give a little presentation about the office and the doctor. Then they pass out paper and give you a test about what you remember. Then they take you back one on one for about 5 minutes. They treat you like you are 5 years old. They also follow the Scientology Business guide in their office.