Tetra Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tetra Tech Interview Questions

Interviews at Tetra Tech

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tetra Tech.

Interview

Connected with a senior staff member through professional connections. Received a phone call from this staff member. It was not originally an interview, but I treated it as one. The phone call ended up going really well.

Interview Questions

• Questions targeted around my interests to see where I would fit in best   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Denver, CO) in December 2019.

Interview

Two part: First there was a phone interview with the position's manager, and then a panel interview with three project managers. After the interview/offer there was a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• "How will your experience lend to this project?", "Do you have experience with 'x'", etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech.

Interview

I had a previous contact in the company who ran the hiring process. I went through only one day of interviews, meeting with 7-8 people for 30 min each.

My contact (hiring manager?) was quite busy after the interview so it took 2 weeks to get an email with the informal offer. Then another 2 weeks to get the formal offer letter. I started 2 weeks after that.

They did require an extensive physical (blood work, EKG, etc) even though it's a desk job. The doctor thought that since there are field/construction/hazmat workers, they need to require it for everyone, but the results wouldn't affect my hiring.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff: tell me about your past experience, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a PM a week later asking about my experience. Came in a week later for in-person interview with said PM and three other team members. Went very well. Had another phone interview a few days later and was told I will hear back about next steps in a few days. I never did; they completely ghosted me. I reached out twice (to PM and HR) in the following two weeks asking if I was still under consideration and received no reply. I only learned that I wasn't chosen by checking my application status on the website. Very unprofessional. I also got a very negative vibe from the interview - they implied I would be working 12+ hour days and pay would not be commensurate. Emphasized their people spend weeks away from home and openly hate it. Bad impression.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in _____. They go down your resume line by line so be prepared to answer for everything on there.   Answer Question

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Interview

classic interview with classic questions nothing standing out good questions and environment wasnt what I was looking for personally but good company. it was very nice in the office and the people were very helpful and kind when you walk in

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I heard about the position from a friend and sent in my resume. I got a response fairly quickly and was asked to complete the application process online and given a interview date a few days later. Interview process was pretty straight forward, reviewed my resume. It was an internship level position so there was much experience to be tested on.

Interview Questions

• What my summer and fall school schedule would be like, when I'd be able to start and when was I graduating (Bachelor's).   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Or Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech in September 2019.

Interview

The interviewer contacted me via voicemail to set up a phone screen, which we did over the phone about a week later. The screen itself took about 20 minutes. I was notified about the rest of the process via email.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to move to this area (it was a job I would need to relocate to). What experience do you have with site assessments and field work.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Warrenville, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone interview followed by one in-person, both with director and supervisor. In-person interview took no more than an hour and consisted of multiple people at a time. Interviewers asked to see examples of previous work.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Orlando, FL) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online, phone screen with manager, in-person interview with manager, then phone call with director. Received job offer within one week of applying for position. Process and timeline were well communicated.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage competing deadlines? What tools do you use to stay organized while managing deadlines?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Newark, DE).

Interview

Normal, submitted resume online then had a phone screen interview by a junior recruiter, then senior recruiter came on the call to complete the phone interview. The drove to the in-person

Interview Questions

• What makes you best suited for this position with our company ?   Answer Question