Tetra Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2018

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process consists of employers' interest in the interviewee's inspirations and aspirations. Important that the interviewee had good personality and show great interest in the company and the work that he/she will be doing.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was directly contacted by the project engineer of the office and had a brief phone interview. An interview was scheduled through email for one week later. The interview was very straight forward and laid back. Was given the offer a couple hours later by phone.

Be confident of your skills and background and do your best to relate to the job duties.

Interview Questions

• What are some related coursework or experiences that you have had that is related what we do at this office?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation was stated during the interview for the intern position.

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Panama City, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Very casual. Met the Office VP for lunch and discussed education, career goals, etc. They had a small regional office and were able to hire on a summer intern to assist on civil/environmental projects. I provided my unofficial transcripts and some projects I completed during school.

Interview Questions

• What has been my favorite course so far during my undergrad engineering experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was done through a two part process, phone call with the assistant administrator along with a physical interview at the corporate office. Very relaxed and professional environment. The administrative group was welcoming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I talked to them at University of Florida career showcase, a few weeks later I got an email to set up a phone interview. The interview was a conference call with 3 employees.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Pasadena, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by Human Resource manager first then by the team in a panel and asked various questions about my background and why I was interested in the position. Very relaxed and not super difficult

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Business casual, met one time only considering it is only temporary work for a few months within the company. I met with a very smart individual who explained the detail of work and how things would happen on a daily basis. I was told that Tetra Tech would be working with the city I live in, and work sometimes could be held at the city offices. I went to work the next day and proceeded to learn the system concerning the disaster at the time.

Interview Questions

• Are you proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and a scanner?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Arlington, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very well structured and paneled. Background checks for security clearance. Optional timings for the interview were offered. Introduction to the organization that I was going to work in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tetra Tech in July 2010.

Interview

It took four interviews to get hired for a job that was created. The whole process took, for me, took over over 5-6 months. The vice President was let go 4 months later and I was transferred to another supervisor, a Director who didn't know what to do with me, and offered little support.

Interview Questions

• IT really revolves around the premise of being a seller doer. T   1 Answer

Negotiation

I counter offered and then they counter offered and I accepted.

Senior Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interviewer kept me waiting for several minutes to start. I interviewed with only one person, a VP who supposedly worked her way up in the firm over the years. I was not impressed. The hiring manager did not communicate well; she asked me several questions twice because she was not getting the answers she wanted. Our conversation was awkward. I was also disappointed that I did not get to discuss the role, position, or company with other employees. I did not get a good feel for company culture, team work, and camaraderie. The interviewer also had limited time to meet with me--only an hour, so I felt rushed, and definitely not relaxed. I typically like to provide context and/or details with my answers, and I was cut off several times. I definitely don't think I had ideal personality and work style compatibility with the hiring manager. In summary, my interview was easy, albeit awkward.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the proposal process; how do you handle issues with missed deadlines, or other issues that arise during the proposal process?   Answer Question