Tetra Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I talked to them at University of Florida career showcase, a few weeks later I got an email to set up a phone interview. The interview was a conference call with 3 employees.

Senior Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interviewer kept me waiting for several minutes to start. I interviewed with only one person, a VP who supposedly worked her way up in the firm over the years. I was not impressed. The hiring manager did not communicate well; she asked me several questions twice because she was not getting the answers she wanted. Our conversation was awkward. I was also disappointed that I did not get to discuss the role, position, or company with other employees. I did not get a good feel for company culture, team work, and camaraderie. The interviewer also had limited time to meet with me--only an hour, so I felt rushed, and definitely not relaxed. I typically like to provide context and/or details with my answers, and I was cut off several times. I definitely don't think I had ideal personality and work style compatibility with the hiring manager. In summary, my interview was easy, albeit awkward.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the proposal process; how do you handle issues with missed deadlines, or other issues that arise during the proposal process?   Answer Question

Text Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vandenberg AFB, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Vandenberg AFB, CA).

Interview

I met with the local office's HR/Admin, along with my supervisor & co-worker on the task. It was approximately 30 minutes and mainly went over admin/recordkeeping necessities such as ability to pick out subtle differences in documents, and how to quickly retrieve a requested record (report, memo, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Can you do monotonous work for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Arlington, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone call with a recruiter who let me know that I would advance to an in person interview so weeks later. The interview was done in three rounds with six staff. It was about three hours long, but a great opportunity to engage. The recruiter followed up and kept me engaged. It was the most thoughful recruitment that I ever had!

Editing and Graphic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Burlington, VT) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed about ten days later by in-person interviews in the office with 1) the two-member development team; 2) a woman from HR; and 3) the three-member content production team. Everyone was punctual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What makes you confident you would be a good editor?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First I got a phone call and email to set up an in-person interview for the internship postion. Then, I was interviewed by two senior level personel or project managers and the office manager mainly asking for my background, career goals, and desire in their field of work. After following up with an email a week or two later, I got an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for Tetra Tech?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech in May 2017.

Interview

First, there was a general interview, covering my background and interest in the company, and abilities, and that sort of thing. Then they had me come back a few days later to talk to the team lead I'd be working with, more to get a sense of general personality compatibility.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked to do something you thought was wrong?   2 Answers

Program Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied for Program Analyst position in the D.C. area. I immediately received email from one of their recruiters. Several of the questions were questions that if a recruiter had read my resume they could answer. Nevertheless, I answered each question fully and replied back to the recruiter. From there, no further email, no contact, no anything. For a position with such specific expertise required (in a very small industry) I believe its improper to establish communications with an applicant and then completely shut them out.

Interview Questions

• What is your Salary Requirement (asked right off the bat with no opportunity to discuss the position, clients, company benefits)

How does your experience support the position (again, asked right off the bat and implies they did not take the time to read the resume)   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted for 2.5 hours but I enjoyed it. Everyone was super friendly and humble and the questions were reasonable. I really liked them alot and I was willing to start working with this friendly group right away.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Boston, MA).

Interview

The first round was with the HR over the phone. After that, I was invited for another 5 rounds of interview at their office. A week later, I had another 2 rounds with team members over the phone. The interviews concentrated more on understanding the profile. It was very efficient.