Tetra Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2018

2.7

Senior Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Rosslyn, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interviewer kept me waiting for several minutes to start. I interviewed with only one person, a VP who supposedly worked her way up in the firm over the years. I was not impressed. The hiring manager did not communicate well; she asked me several questions twice because she was not getting the answers she wanted. Our conversation was awkward. I was also disappointed that I did not get to discuss the role, position, or company with other employees. I did not get a good feel for company culture, team work, and camaraderie. The interviewer also had limited time to meet with me--only an hour, so I felt rushed, and definitely not relaxed. I typically like to provide context and/or details with my answers, and I was cut off several times. I definitely don't think I had ideal personality and work style compatibility with the hiring manager. In summary, my interview was easy, albeit awkward.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the proposal process; how do you handle issues with missed deadlines, or other issues that arise during the proposal process?   Answer Question

Text Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vandenberg AFB, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Vandenberg AFB, CA).

Interview

I met with the local office's HR/Admin, along with my supervisor & co-worker on the task. It was approximately 30 minutes and mainly went over admin/recordkeeping necessities such as ability to pick out subtle differences in documents, and how to quickly retrieve a requested record (report, memo, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Can you do monotonous work for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week?   1 Answer

Editing and Graphic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Burlington, VT) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed about ten days later by in-person interviews in the office with 1) the two-member development team; 2) a woman from HR; and 3) the three-member content production team. Everyone was punctual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What makes you confident you would be a good editor?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech in May 2017.

Interview

First, there was a general interview, covering my background and interest in the company, and abilities, and that sort of thing. Then they had me come back a few days later to talk to the team lead I'd be working with, more to get a sense of general personality compatibility.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked to do something you thought was wrong?   2 Answers

Program Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied for Program Analyst position in the D.C. area. I immediately received email from one of their recruiters. Several of the questions were questions that if a recruiter had read my resume they could answer. Nevertheless, I answered each question fully and replied back to the recruiter. From there, no further email, no contact, no anything. For a position with such specific expertise required (in a very small industry) I believe its improper to establish communications with an applicant and then completely shut them out.

Interview Questions

• What is your Salary Requirement (asked right off the bat with no opportunity to discuss the position, clients, company benefits)

How does your experience support the position (again, asked right off the bat and implies they did not take the time to read the resume)   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Newark, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted for 2.5 hours but I enjoyed it. Everyone was super friendly and humble and the questions were reasonable. I really liked them alot and I was willing to start working with this friendly group right away.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (Boston, MA).

Interview

The first round was with the HR over the phone. After that, I was invited for another 5 rounds of interview at their office. A week later, I had another 2 rounds with team members over the phone. The interviews concentrated more on understanding the profile. It was very efficient.

Receptionist/Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tetra Tech.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Was asked over and over why I was switching fields and why I didn't have direct reception experience. If I was wasting their time so much they should not have called me. They did not bother to send a rejection email. I'm sure they interviewed alot of people but manners are manners.

Proposal Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tetra Tech in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn and was asked to participate in a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked to come into the office for an in-person interview.

Project Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tetra Tech (New York, NY).

Interview

I had no interview. The customer that I work for knew my work and they hired me. I sent a couple emails back and forth, and we were done. I don't even remember talking to anyone on the phone.