Tetra Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Water Resources Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Water Resources Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to start! Lots of diverse projects and it would be great to be involved with the projects.

Cons

Time off policy is the only con.

Advice to Management

Great work!

2. "Tetra Tech is great, but disasters are hard to handle"

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time

Pros

Plenty of work to be had but on a project like Naples, it can be very demanding.

Cons

But on a project like Naples, it can be very demanding.

Advice to Management

Work on making the client and contractor work on our terms.

3. "Liked being a Surveyor/Evaluator at Tetra Tech"

Former Employee - Surveyor/Evaluator in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Surveyor/Evaluator in Madison, WI

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked working as a phone Surveyor/Evaluator at Tetra Tech. I used to be timid on the phone but after a few months in the Tetra Tech call center that's not the case. I really liked the initial study we worked on when I first started. It was a large commercial study, where we called businesses. It was fun trying to reach the decision makers, and as the study went on we started calling "multiples" where one respondent did multiple evaluations. We used an Excel spreadsheet and everything. When that study ended, we worked residential studies that were less rigorous.

Cons

A downside was the ups and downs of good days' bad days. It was nice having a good day and a lot of completes. But having a bad day where I felt like I was never getting through to the right person was rough, at first. As I got more experienced I didn't care as much. The other con is when I started I was assigned to a sophisticated commercial study, where I had to call businesses, reach decision makers, etc. But when that study ended I had some residential studies, which weren't as exciting. It wasn't a commission-based job, so the ups and downs weren't that big of a deal.

4. "Good company to work for"

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time

Pros

Interesting Work
    Benefits
    Leadership
    Work and Lift Balance
    Culture and Values

Cons

Do not have cons to enter

5. "Tetra Tech, A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well run company with diverse projects and terrific staff. Many key managers have been with the company for over 25 years.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to grow this great company

"It's a harsh cruel world out there."

Former Employee - Biologist
    Former Employee - Biologist

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired and start with a lot of rewarding work

Cons

Impossible to move up or even get a decent raise. So your research on how a career in consultant works. It is a different world. And Tetra tech is to the extreme a consulting job. To make it you ha e to work 100 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Works as a team. Don't treat your Co workers like they are the competition.

"Great for your resume, below standard pay"

Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Putting Tt on your resume is decent since they're well-known in the consulting industry.

Cons

Depending on your department and your supervisor, pay could be well below industry standards. Sometimes the projects are non-technical. This is a huge company though, and many offices often handle different aspects of engineering, so it's a toss-up what your group will be like.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more, otherwise, they'll leave as soon as they can get a better offer.

"Not so good."

Former Employee - Project Inspector in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Project Inspector in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being home and the pay

Cons

Ive worked with several different firms with this one being the least comfortable and liked. I had an opportunity to work in my home state. Oklahoma city to be exact. The upper management is ran by some weasels. I was fired for not knowing how to use a certain program used by the state dept. Prior to being hired the hiring managers were informed i did not know how to use it. Instead of being trained how to use it i was terminated. Very unprofessional way of terminating someone if i may say as well. All i would say about this certain bunch of managers not the whole company just okc office in particular. They are not fair and there training of new employees is very poor. Company expects you to work out of town but will not let you pull your travel trailer to wherever the job sight might be at. Micro managed and treated unfairly if they dont like you. I believe i was wrongfully terminated. Ive asked for a termination letter its been over a week now. Still dont know my exact reason for termination. Also the perdiem is not fair if you are working out of town and a contractor decides not to work. You dont get PD for that day. Have a great day.

Advice to Management

Instead of worrying about that yearly bonus think of others and be a little more understanding of certain incidents whenever they may occur. Life isnt perfect. Accidents do happen. Bridge industry includes working long hours should probably consider budgeting more hours in a project. That way your inspectors dont get harped on for having 55 hours working 6 or 7 days a week.

"Environmental Scientist"

Current Employee - Biological Scientist in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Biological Scientist in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Tetra Tech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling is great. Offices typically operate on their own standards in a day-to-day sense, not company-wide policies for dress or schedules. Partial 401k match with a good bank. It's a big company so you can always move offices to advance, so there's some benefit to that. Big company with a lot of long-standing relationships, typically TT offices are very stable.

Cons

Time off policy is garbage. You accrue PTO based on the billable hours to have at a set rate, so your timecard every week shows how many hours of PTO you have. However, TT actually stores your PTO in cash value, which changes the hours of vacation you have accrued. In other words, if you get a 10% raise, you will also lose 10% of the PTO you have accrued. They have also snuck in an additional "mandatory holiday" without increasing the PTO generation rate, so employees effectively lose a day of their vacation time. Often TT does not recognize or reward good work - there is no such thing as a retention budget. Not much stock is put in junior staff. Not much of a belief of overall wellness or work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Need some focus on the building blocks of the company.

10. "Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work with excellent benefits. People there are fantastic.

Cons

Big company and at times hard to find what or who you're looking for.