The Acquisition Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.3

Customer Service/Sales/Unclear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional. Horrible office space. Arrogant and disrespectful interviewer.

They contacted me through Indeed to schedule an interview for the next day and offered different slots. I emailed them the same day early in the afternoon with the slot selected and they didn't confirm until the day of the interview a few hours before.
    The office had wrinkled paper signs everywhere and once again showing complete disregard for my time, the interviewer was 15min late even though the office was empty.
    He walked in with an arrogant attitude and led me to a room where the paint was literally falling off the walls. When asked about what the company does, all he did was name drop Telus every 5 seconds being abstract about everything else. After probing him about the company a few times, he kept going in circles to the point I just didn't care anymore.

He was incredibly rude and aggressive. I can't emphasize enough how arrogant and disrespectful he was, attacking every answer, my character, career path and education. I had to stop the interview, because at that point no matter what they were willing to pay me, it would have not been enough for me to want to work or be associated with such a horrible unprofessional person.

I usually research companies on Glassdoor before I go to interviews, but due to the short notice I didn't get a chance to do so. I wish I had, worst interview experience of my life.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What areas are you interested in   1 Answer

Sales/Customer Service/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Victoria, BC (Canada)).

Interview

They contacted me after finding my CV on Indeed... I was given a window for interviews the next day, my slot was only confirmed a couple hours before. I had to get escorted in, the contact name I was given was not there or interviewing me.

The 1st interview explained the other interview processes, company overview and included no real "interview" questions and lasted less than 10 mins. I was offered a 2nd interview on the spot for the next day. I was unavailable, so he scribbled something and told me to come back the next day. When I got home, I read the reviews here and was hesitant about the 2nd.

Like another reviewer, I showed up and they weren't expecting me. There was a shuffle to find someone to interview me. She explained the job a bit more, levels of "compensation" (commission only until you get to a top level), hours (different from the 1st, essentially 8+hrs/day 6d/9wk!!!)... Unlike other reviews, admitted door to door from beginning (among other arms). It wd take 1-3wks to progress from Junior Sales Manager to Senior Sales Manager, which wd then allow me to interview and train my subordinates... Like a pyramid? All of this within about 10 minutes, again.

I guess my lack of enthusiasm negated progression to a 3rd interview as it's been over a week and no word.

Interview Questions

• No "proper" interview questions, just asking if I understood what they explained and my availability... no real conversation, more a monologue   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked me to tell them about myself and do I want to become a manager? They introduced the structure of their company and what they do. They told me there are another 2 interviews coming up but I don't think they are legit and did not show up.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to become an manager?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Thursday, got an email on Friday inviting me to come in for interview on Tuesday. Attended the event where about 10 of us were in a general overview of the company to be selling their fibre optics products. Then we went into another room where two of their people went through the pyramid scheme-like pay structure. I was keen to work there, so was shunted into a third room where a told me he liked what he saw in me and that I'd be called the next day before 5. He didn't. A month later, I answered the same ad, was invited in for another interview. This time, I noticed a fellow the same age as me, in his 60's who was there the first time. He had been told they liked him, and said told him he would call him back. For this round of interviews, I ramped up the enthusiasm level, and went through the same interviews right up to the same original fellow who again told me he would call me back the next day by 5. He didn't. Bottom line here, is that The Acquisition Group practises ageism. Avoid them even if you have the desire to work, and, the credentials.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me 1 day before their interview time block and responded to my email literally 5 hours before the interview time.

They ignored my expertise and did not clarify exactly which position I'm being interviewed for and expected me to take a highschool level position.

Interview Questions

They ignored my actual area of expertise.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very fast response to application, received an email 2 days after application asking to come in and discuss the role. The role seemed different online than it did when they explain it.

Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was unclear what the position they were recruiting for - I was under the impression they were recruiting for Telus. However once in the interview it became apparent the job was for sales of Telus products.

Interview Questions

• What are three essential requirements for a business to be successful.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

1st interview was very brief and not at all dynamic
    2 nd interview was with the same person, who described the job which was door to door sales. I felt as though I had been misled but more importantly that the interviewer was not curious about me or what I had to offer. He appeared bored and didnt make a lot of eye contact. He didnt ask me any questions other than did I want the job

Interview Questions

• Could I make up my mind on the spot if I wanted the job and a third interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. there was no salry. It was 100% commission

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume in and got a call for an interview. Got to the interview early and had to wait for the manager for about half an hour. Had the interview and was invited back for another interview, during the 2nd interview, I found out that they are actually interviewing for junior marketing executies

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Acquisition Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Got to the office in downtown Calgary and waited for almost an hour for the manager to arrive. He apologized and interviewed myself and another candidate. During that he mentioned "I won't lie to you, the position is sales". That ticked me OFF. Had the interview and was invited back for another interview, during the 2nd interview, I found out that they are actually interviewing for junior marketing executies