The Ascott Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ascott Limited Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited.

Interview

It was an interview with the hiring manager, the manager was generally chill and friendly. She was looking out more of whether what I wanted to learn was align with the internship position.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied the job via recruitment agency. Interview was smooth and took only 15-20 minutes. As it was a contract job, the interviewer did frankly tell me they only needed this role for 6 months. Appreciate their openness.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited (Makati City (Philippines)) in November 2015.

Interview

I first inquired thru their website asking if they offer any internships for students and they emailed me to forward my CV, i was asked for an interview for the next day. the process started with an IQ test in the morning then i was asked to come back in the afternoon if i passed and will have the interview as well. after the interview, you will be given a list of requirements that you need to pass and will be asked when can you start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Give examples of a time you used your skills   Answer Question

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Dropped a cv, got a call back within 2 weeks. First interview with my direct supervisor, second interview with the HR. I was offered the job at the end of the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about hospitality, ever had to deal with a rude customer, would you be open to early or late shifts   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase regarding the salary, only some questions about my availability over the next weeks (if I had holidays already planned or not)

Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was only 1 hour. The manager asked me a number of questions and also shared about the company's visions and missions. I got the job offer the week after the interview

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about the hospitality industry?
      2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      3. What do you see yourself in 5 years' time?
      4. Do you have any voluntary experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited.

Interview

Applied through the ascott website and take abt one month to processs. first round is a one to one interview with the HR director and 2nd round with the top management from China Ascott

Interview Questions

• what is your favourite subject in university? Do u think you are an introverted or extroverted person?   Answer Question

Career prospect kind of like bound in the operation aspect of the business, one of the interviewers spoke in a condescending manner and appeared arrogant

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited (Singapore (South Africa)) in March 2014.

Interview

the head of HR in singapore department gave me an interview to test my dedication to the intern job and my interest. The interview was more of a casual talk to see my character rather than a fierce internview.

Interview Questions

• why you chose to work as intern rather than other positions   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited (Santiago (Chile)) in February 2014.

Interview

Slow.
    Poor communication.
    Arduous .
    Stressful
    Handled by many people without any continuity in the process.
    Hard to stay committed and focussed to the process.
    Kept looking for other roles during this time.
    Very slow to make decisions and get sign off on each step.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slow and painful......

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2013.

Interview

There were number of steps in the process. I met with Director of HR, the GM, His superior and then subsequently, the President of Capitaland. They were all very courteous and pleasant and built rapport. It made the interview a pleasant experience, although I did have to return a couple of times to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous job role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was an offer and I accepted

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ascott Limited (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted and schedule by the company at the local office infront of a panel of judges. It took about 2 hours where they asked about personality and experience questions. Nothing intense but it felt that they were there to judge your compliance to instructions and personality.