The Bollard Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Bollard Group Interview Questions

2.7

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Bollard Group (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus co-op program. Interviewed with two different interviewers for 30 minutes each. The interview was very laid back and relaxing. Much more conversational and the interviewer started by telling me all about the position, the company and the types of clients they worked with. After that he went on to ask some simple questions about my resume and answered any questions I had about the position.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bollard Group.

Interview

Free talking with associate, senior associate, manager and even the partner. Focus on personality and learning attitude. Previous experience is helpful to start working here. Not technical questions. Resume related. Really nice experience!

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Bollard Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

Took about 2 hours and 30 minutes in total from the time I got there until the last round of interviews. I went through four rounds in total. They did not ask difficult questions and were very friendly. Depending on the interviewer though some might be a little awkward. The wait time was very long between each interviewer and by the time you get to the last interviewer your most likely not going to have any questions left to ask but they understand that so its ok. it went fine overall but it took too long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How did you find out about us?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Bollard Group.

Interview

This was a 2 person interview that lasted about an hour. The question were direct and put you on the offensive. I.e why do you want to work here, can you handle the job, etc..

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Bollard Group (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I met with four people throughout the afternoon. I showed up on time but the interview started 30 minutes late which led me to wait for 40 minutes. In addition I waited almost 20 minutes in between each short interview pushing my 4 person interview to almost 3 hours while I only talked to each of them for 20-30 minutes. Of the four people that I talked to, two of the them were introverted and very difficult to hold a conversation with on my part! The other people were nice and asked questions regarding my background and less technical questions about the position or my resume. I left the interview knowing it was not the right personality fit for myself and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Know everything that is on your resume. I was asked some detailed questions about my resume and to explain some of the terminology that I used.

Do you have any questions? (Asked right after he/she introduced themselves)
      Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Bollard Group.

Interview

Relatively straight forward; they don't try and hide the fact that they are running a sweat shop.

Interview Questions

• Ask a lot of Excel based questions which are relatively easy/not complex.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Bollard Group (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was long process. Each staff accountant came in the interview room and conducted the interview one by one. It was very intimidating too. The interviewer seems interrogate the interviewee but the last interviewer seems very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why did you try to be an tax accountant   1 Answer
    • What can you see your self in five years   1 Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bollard Group (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter by email, I received an email inviting me to schedule a first interview, which I did by email. When I got there, I was shown to a room where the first thing I did was fill out an application. Then I waited in the room. Four people came in individually to interview me one at a time. They asked mostly similar questions which were mostly questions about things on my resume. I thought the interview went pretty well but did not get asked back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you want to tell me about yourself? [There were not really any hard questions]   Answer Question

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Bollard Group (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

So intimidating and nerve wracking. But I was so impressed that I wanted that job. Asked me thought provoking questions. Everyone was so professional. I was intrigued by this company. Managers were honest. I felt like I knew what I was getting into.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Bollard Group (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

There are two interviews. On the first they screen candidates and interviewers give their grades for candidates but I am not sure management takes into consideration others opinion. First two interviewers are most of the time future co-workers and the third interviewer is manager or partner. TBG uses agency for search needs and also they will be very aggressive with salary.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you some journal entries at the interview if they doubt you accounting skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Of course they will try to pay you less - do not take. They can not offering that could compensate small salary.