The Boston Globe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Boston Globe Interview Questions

Interviews at The Boston Globe

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Globe.

Interview

Got an email to schedule a phone call. They made a slightly comical big deal about the expecting a call from a blocked number. Then they straight up ghosted me. It's rude to give a timeline and then completely disappear. Applicant beware.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Boston Globe.

Interview

I interviewed with Paula. She is a tough cookie, but is very easy to talk to. Try to get personal, but be specific in your hobbies that relate to the position

Director, Sales Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Globe in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview. After confirming day and time, the call never came. I shifted my day around to accommodate the interviewer who was not HR but a senior level manager. I sent three follow- up emails to HR to reschedule and nothing. No explanation, nothing. I was ghosted. I expected more from the Globe. Makes me want to cancel my subscription.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Globe (Boston, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a first phone interview. The recruiter never showed up to the call, and we had to reschedule to days later. Was invited to an on site interview, but when I shared my availability, they never replied to me. I followed up, nothing. I accepted a position elsewhere, and told them I would be removing myself from contention. I never heard anything back from them. So unprofessional. Clearly the reviews are right.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Globe in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was at my college career assistance office. The interviewer was stoic and not outwardly friendly which threw me off. Other than that, it was an average interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Globe?   1 Answer

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Globe.

Interview

Easy! Only met with a few people. Asked about previous experience, and what my career goals were. Company moving downtown recently, making the commute much more appealing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Boston Globe.

Interview

phone screen, then 3-4 hours in person meeting with 4-5 people. Interview was most about experience and behavioral. Interviewers were good and polite. But I hated the management, after interview experience and recruiters who did not communicate well.
    Recruiters kept asking me about this job for more than a month or so. I was busy in other things so was not actively pursuing. Then finally decided to give it a go, I asked why it is still open?
    Package was much less then current job, so before going in person, I had communicated my salary expectations. She first said, this is junior level position, and they are no limited budget. So I kind of halted there. Then I urged her to check once as I have x yrs of experience, She came back saying, they agreed to adjust per yrs of exp. Interview went well. Next day, she confirmed positive and will get to me with written offer soon and then was lost in woods. After couple days, I approached her, after many emails, she answered without much explanation, because my salary expectations were higher, and they found another cheaper candidate.

If they liked me that much, atleast could have tried to negotiate once. I was ready to meet in the middle, even though there was big gap.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Globe.

Interview

Originally went in to interview for a different position. Spoke with the head of that department, only to realize I was more passionate about news design. That department head said she would put in a good word for me with the head of the design department. Waited a week and got an email from design department to schedule an interview. Took a couple weeks of correspondence in total to schedule something (understandable for news industry). The final interview was a simple phone interview. Focused on my experience, my opinions on the journalism industry, and news itself. Very quick turn around. Received the final decision by email two hours later.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of news?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself...   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Boston Globe (Mansfield, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Two person interview followed by a listen in to hear what calls are like then two assessments ( questionnaire and typing) and that’s it! Lasted about two hours. Called back five days later to be offered job!

Interview Questions

• What was the craziest call you’ve ever had to handle?   Answer Question

Customer Success Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Globe (Taunton, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, In person interview, Shadow opportunity. It was a waste of my time especially since I had all the skills they were looking for and then more that would have benefitted them.