The Claro Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.4

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Claro Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

They had you go through several phone interviews. Each phone interview repeated several dialogues. They said that you would hear something from them....and never did ! They did not respond to phone calls. Very unprofessional. Poor follow through.

Interview Questions

• The job involves extensive travel and very long hours. Would that be a problem for you ?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Claro Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They interviewed me at my university and then a week later invited me to interview in Chicago at their office. They were very accommodating and the process consisted of three 45-minute interviews and an exit interview. It was very tiring and all behavioral questions. It took them three weeks to get back to me about my offer and they sent out a mass email. There was no feedback as to why I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a difficult group member and how you worked with them to complete a project?   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Claro Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was very conversational and I got a great sense of who the company was based on this interaction.

Within one week I was asked to attend final round interviews at their headquarters in Chicago. Claro puts you up in a nice hotel and the first night you attend a cocktail hour and dinner. The next day they provide breakfast and you complete four back to back 30-minute behavioral interviews. The last interview is more of a wrap up.

Overall the process was very structured and everyone I met was attentive. My emails were promptly answered and everyone seems to enjoy what the do. Definitely one of my most positive interview experiences.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Claro Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First, phone screen with HR director (hiring manager)
    I was brought in for a face to face interview - which lasted 4+ hours. I met 4 different people.
    HR Manager, HR Specialist, 2 Leads outside of HR

I was told I would "hear something back from us" within a week... I never heard anything at all.
    I sent several follow up emails (non aggressively) to both the HR Manager and HR Specialist asking for feedback. The least they could of done was to let me know they have gone with other candidates and/or communication of why I was not moving forward in the hiring process. I think this is beyond unprofessional and it ended up being a complete waste of time. I never really asked for specifics, just wanted to know the next steps. If they don't seem to have time for this, who knows if this team has time for anything... hence why they need a person on their team.

Best advice: Make sure you have 4+ hours to spare if you are interviewing here!

Interview Questions

• At lot about my experience and why I was wanted to leave current role.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Claro Group (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting. The day before they had a small get together at a restaurant with other students who were chosen for the first rounds of interviews. You get to know the recruiters and workers of The Claro Group and can ask them questions. On the day of the formal interview, they just asked a bunch of behavioral questions (no case studies).

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? What was one thing you had a problem and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Claro Group in June 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter over the phone for 30 minutes and touched upon basics about the company and myself. I was told that I would receive an email that would let me know one way or another within a week after speaking, but unfortunately never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Q: What interests you about working for a company like The Claro Group?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Claro Group.

Interview

Applied a position online, get replied in two days, confirmed about the working status, arrange an phone interview with HR manager from Chicago. Are you moving to the city you applied? Do you know what we do? Gave me one sentence introduction about the position...

Interview Questions

• Unprofessional and inpatient. The HR manager called, and she was still trying to find the resume. The whole process took around 12 minutes, didn't even go through the resume... She seemed need to rush into something... worst interview experience ever...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Claro Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview was on campus with an expected length of 30 minutes but was cut short because the recruiter didn't keep a timed schedule with the other prospects. This disappointed me on how the company's employees manages it's time, not very well. Interview was easy, about 2 behavioral questions. They tend to be biased to certain Universities and majors even though they are compatible. Felt as if they tend to hire more young women than experienced candidates.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Claro Group in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, and was contacted within a few days for an on-campus interview slot. The firm held a reception for candidates from my school the evening before the interview, where we were able to meet some representatives from the firm and to ask any questions we had regarding the firm, the interview process, etc. The on-campus interview was strictly behavioral and lasted just over 30 minutes.

I was contacted a few days after that and invited for a second round of interviews at the Claro office. Once again, there was a pre-interview dinner event for candidates the night before where we were able to meet current analysts. The second round involved three 30-minute interviews with different Directors of the firm, followed by a debriefing session with another Director and lunch with the Analyst who served as our guide for the day. Once again, the questions were all behavioral, with a lot of time to answer questions from my side as well.

Interview Questions

• None really, but it was a bit tiring completing four interviews in two hours.   Answer Question

Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Claro Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

The first round is an on campus interview where a Director or Managing Director visits your school for initial screening of applicants. Final candidates are brought into the Chicago office to have interviews with three Managing Directors that are usually a half hour long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Claro?
      Why consulting?
      Why healthcare or insurance?
      Answer Question