The HON Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The HON Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The HON Company

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The HON Company.

Interview

Met with the company at my school's career fair. About two weeks later I got a call asking for me to come into an inter. For the interview, I talked with the manager for a few minutes then someone else gave me a tour of the facility for half an hour. After the tour, I interviewed with someone else for over a half hour. Everyone there was very friendly. I heard back the following week that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about 9 questions. Situational and personality questions like name a time when I made a mistake that affected someone else and what are your short-comings. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in October 2011.

Interview

There was an on campus interview which consisted of going over my resume with two HNI members. Then there were on site interviews. This consisted of being interviewed by three different members in 15 minute intervals.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA).

Interview

The supervisors during two separate interviews either late or extremely late, very rude, disorganized, lacked enthusiasm, waste of time . They seemed like they did not want to be there and had an air of exclusivity, superiority and entitlement which are the worst factors and characteristics in ANY company period. I feel sorry for the company not only because of it's supervisory team but of the fact they are obviously going to miss out on so many great people and doomed to a failing future with representatives and supervisors such as the ones that I've seen

Interview Questions

• Experience, teamwork, reading instructions   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, I did not get the call on time. I called them 15 minutes after my scheduled interview. The phone interview was a very basic interview to get to know the personality. Second round interview was in Muscatine, IA it took all day, you get compensated for travel after the interview is over. Two one on one interviews, then need to do a presentation in front of a group of employees. Awesome experience overall loved the people working there, all were very friendly during the interview process!

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation on something that you are passionate about.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

4 hour process where you get to meet different members of the sales team and management. Tour of the office, two one-on-one interviews, a group interview where you give a presentation, and one job shadow.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The HON Company (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Good - the interviewer took an interest in me and didn't just go through the motions. They really seemed intent on finding a good fit or match for the territory.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do you have that make you prepared for this position.   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with various people in a couple of hours timespan. Applied online, sat in on job with an employee for a few minutes, interviewed, sent thank yous via email, got rejection notice via email. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• A difficult situation I faced at work and how I handled it   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was approximately 2.5 hours. Although that seems lengthy the time went by quickly and it was an interview for the candidates just as much as it was for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you improved your former employers process   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedartown, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The HON Company (Cedartown, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Went through a series of questions with a recruiter outside of The Hon Company. A few days later, I did a telephone interview with someone their HR department. Then a few days later another telephone interview with a hiring manager. They brought me in for an interview. It consisted of a plant tour, meeting with several teams of managers, the VP. They then had me me review a production line that made file cabinets and asked for simple observations. The I had to report out to another management team, many of whom I had already interviewed with. I had to tell them a little about myself and then what i observed on the floor. Afterwards I went back to HR where they talked to me about what The Hon Company had to offer from a benefits point. About a 5 - 6 hour interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you;ve had to deal with and the process you took to get through it.   1 Answer

Took another position before they made an offer.

CNC Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The HON Company in August 2017.

Interview

Days after applying got a call to set up interview. Then was told couldnt continue the interview process until I was living in the town or within 30 min. It didnt say anything about only locals only but it was a dead end.

Interview Questions

• What was previous experience?
      How much did I expect to make in that position?   Answer Question