The HON Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The HON Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.1

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The HON Company.

Interview

4 hour process where you get to meet different members of the sales team and management. Tour of the office, two one-on-one interviews, a group interview where you give a presentation, and one job shadow.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with various people in a couple of hours timespan. Applied online, sat in on job with an employee for a few minutes, interviewed, sent thank yous via email, got rejection notice via email. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• A difficult situation I faced at work and how I handled it   1 Answer

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA).

Interview

The supervisors during two separate interviews either late or extremely late, very rude, disorganized, lacked enthusiasm, waste of time . They seemed like they did not want to be there and had an air of exclusivity, superiority and entitlement which are the worst factors and characteristics in ANY company period. I feel sorry for the company not only because of it's supervisory team but of the fact they are obviously going to miss out on so many great people and doomed to a failing future with representatives and supervisors such as the ones that I've seen

Interview Questions

• Experience, teamwork, reading instructions   1 Answer

Sales and Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

A phone screen and then a final interview at the HQ. Gave a presentation, got a tour and it helped me learn if I was a good fit, had two 1 on 1 interviews, and another one that went over benefits, etc. They even did a small social hour to talk to a few people and ask them more casual questions. Very friendly and nice place to work. I liked that everyone seemed to like their job and want to be there. Very accommodating

Solutions Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA).

Interview

I was given a phone screen with one manager, followed by an invitation to visit HQ for the day. They will give you a tour, give you individual interviews, and have you eat with members.
    Have a good presentation ready.

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process they put you through for a summer internship is actually ridiculous. If you're embarking on this journey expect to be spending quite a lot of time. After the first phone interview(simple & basic) you are invited to go to head quarters for about four hours and the worst part is that they ask you to prepare a persuasive presentation to present to three people.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to live in muscatine Iowa?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, I did not get the call on time. I called them 15 minutes after my scheduled interview. The phone interview was a very basic interview to get to know the personality. Second round interview was in Muscatine, IA it took all day, you get compensated for travel after the interview is over. Two one on one interviews, then need to do a presentation in front of a group of employees. Awesome experience overall loved the people working there, all were very friendly during the interview process!

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation on something that you are passionate about.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview and a final interview at Headquarters. The final interview was very structured and allowed you to see if you would be a good fit at the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The HON Company.

Interview

Enjoyed the interview. If you are a people person and know your strengths and weaknesses you will do fine. They really look at people that are a "good fit"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

RCI Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The HON Company (Muscatine, IA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with MCR Corporate Recruiter, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. On site interview with MCR Business Partner, Hiring Manager VP of Operations. The process felt comfortable, almost informal.

Interview Questions

• Define Leadership and then describe how your leadership style resembles that definition.   1 Answer