The Hanover Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

R'cvd phone call from HR Recruiter who set up 1:1 with the hiring manager and two 30 min phone interviews with upper management at the job location. Process took 2 hours including shadowing a seasoned employee and tour around the office

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen after initial application online at the company website. On site interview with four department managers. Process took two to three weeks from initial application. Offer received next week.

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke to a human resources representative for a 30 minute phone interview. The rep was helpful and courteous. Very easy to talk to. I then went into the office for three 30 minute interviews with 3 different members of the team I would be working with. I found a few of the questions repetitive, but they were all friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in the job I was interviewing for?   Answer Question

Agency Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Howell, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Howell, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took around two weeks. I had an interview over the phone first. Then a scheduled interview at the location. It was very thoroughly but Hanover was great about getting back to me and keeping in touch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Insurance Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online, received phone interview, followed by a job shadow and interview with three members of management. After job shadow interview consisted of meeting with supervisor in person and two telephone interviews, the process took about two hours to complete.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Itasca, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was constantly in contact. Had a phone interview and office interview. People that I interviewed with were very nice, some questions were behavioral. The entire process took around over an hour long.

Liability Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Windsor, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Contact with Hanover was professional and down to earth. Their recruiter Colleen was always responsive. The interviewing professionals did one interview instead of two - we all appreciated the time savings.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized with a challenging workload.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group.

Interview

Good communication from the recruiting team. Extensive interview panel who were well prepared. Made logistics of traveling from out of town smooth. Hiring manager explained the purpose of the role and in general the value they were expecting this position to deliver to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about how your past experience related to the position.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant. It had two rounds and took about one month in total, partially because of the holidays. The people I met are all super nice and the company seems has a friendly, family like culture.

Manager - Commercial Lines Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Rancho Cordova, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Initially very casual conversation and explained the position. I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Once completed the recruiting team reached out pretty quickly to let me know they'd like to move forward and set up 3 additional phone interviews and a subsequent in person interview. The communication throughout was top notch. Everyone I interviewed with was pleasant, professional, and well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deliver a difficult message.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be up front and honest with your expectations.