The Hanover Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hanover Insurance Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hanover Insurance Group

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group in August 2019.

Interview

Met with 2 groups of interviewers. They were managers from claims departments. They asked the typical background questions and a few customer service situational questions. They ask that you have questions ready for them about the company and position. If you ask intelligent and thoughtful questions, you're in.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group.

Interview

Don’t waste your time here. The recruiters won’t respond to you after the first round interview. This has happened two years in a row with me interviewing here. The campus recruiting team really needs to improve.

Middle Market Sales Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview process was easy and informal. It was spent getting to know each other to see if personality and relationships were a fit locally. The interviews were a series of lunches and coffees with various levels of underwriting management.

Actuarial Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

I went to an Actuarial career summit event that was holding interviews. It was a good experience to get your foot in the door there. It also had direct contact with current actuaries that work at the company.

Interview Questions

• What are my plans for the rest of the SOA exams?   1 Answer

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Recruiter was standard and discussed the normal items around the basics of the role and determining if there was a fit for the role. Basic Screening interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group in September 2019.

Interview

1 Phone screen was done after the initial tech screen and the results were released in a day. I got the job offer. The interview was conducted by the vendor company working and contracting for Hanover.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

It was very conversational and purely consisted of talking about things on my resume and asking me to talk more about them and how those experiences and skills can transfer over to being a good intern there.

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in August 2019.

Interview

meet with 4 to 5 people, take a tour of the work area and talk with someone in the position. every one there was very helpful and it felt like a fairly informal, laid back interview

Senior CGL Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Interview

Hanover needs to review the candidate selection process. I applied on their site in April-clearly outlining my background/experience going back 10 years-and interviewed over the phone in mid May. I was then contacted to schedule an in person 1 hour interview on 5/29 w/3 managers, all of whom were provided w/copies of my resume. 10 minutes into the interview they inform me that my background is not what they are looking for. 1 of the 3 was gracious and apologetic but all everyone had to do was simply read what I had submitted prior to the interview. Big waste of everyone’s time & resources. If Hanover HR contacts you, make sure they have thoroughly reviewed your background before you take the time to talk to them in person.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Average interview with hr, then a final round with 6 actuaries at different levels. Each round had 2 people in it. They expect you to ask questions about the role and gauge how you will fit into their teams.

Interview Questions

• Many of the actuaries care about your transcript and want to know why you didn't do well in a class. They also asked why you wanted to be an actuary and what you were looking for. Not super friendly   Answer Question