The Hanover Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.8

LEAD Externship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Amherst, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asks you mostly about why you are interested and what makes you choose Hanover. Also, do you have any leadership experience. In addition to that, they ask you to name one thing that is not shown on your resume.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview process was not too bad. It was repetitive had a lot of interviews with a lot of the same questions. All in all it was pretty straight forward.

Associate Auto Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Itasca, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Your standard interview practices. Everyone was very pleasant and they took a genuine interest in making sure I would be a good fit for the company! I had a total of two rounds of interviews and also met with the AVP who was very nice. I truly look forward to starting a career there.

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Worcester, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. In person interview with two managers face to face. A second phone/ conference call with members out of state. A final phone interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you dealt with a tough customer, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Howell, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

This was an internal interview since I work in a different department. Interview schedule provided, HR lady seemed nice. Until she never responded to any of us interviewees about the position. I know i didn't get the job but I still email her asking because she just ghosted us. Absolutely awful process. Get better talent for internal representation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to analyze something, not related to work.   1 Answer

Commercial Lines Insurance Rater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Salem, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and relaxed
    The 2 hiring managers spent majority of the interview discussing the history of Hanover and it's benefits.
    After it was the typical interview questions , "Tell me a time when .. blah blah blah"

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in a quota / productivity driven environment   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Itasca, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a straight forward process. I had an Initial phone interview, followed up with a 1 hour in person interview. I had the opportunity to interview one on one with both the senior and vp underwriters for the line. The conversation was great and I had a strong feel for the culture/what it would be like to work apart of this team. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter looking to hire an Outside Property Claims adjuster. I was given good details about the job and did a short phone screening. I had a physical interview within one week time and a second interview within two weeks after that. Week 4 of the process I was offered position and a background check was performed.

Interview Questions

• Name a problem situation or customer that you had and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

R'cvd phone call from HR Recruiter who set up 1:1 with the hiring manager and two 30 min phone interviews with upper management at the job location. Process took 2 hours including shadowing a seasoned employee and tour around the office

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hanover Insurance Group.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen after initial application online at the company website. On site interview with four department managers. Process took two to three weeks from initial application. Offer received next week.