Found 805 of over 887 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Not used to working for contract house so if you need to call in sick/ ask for time off you need to ask direct manager and notify contract house." (in 23 reviews)
- "Low salaries" (in 17 reviews)
- "Certain business segments have better leadership than others." (in 16 reviews)
- "Horrible Training" (in 15 reviews)
- "Could’ve been better communication in the onboarding procedures" (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Hanover Insurance Group and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Vice President, Strategic SourcingFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWorcester, MA
Everybody there is the nicest person you will meet. Great visionaries
Growing staff for support functions is tough
- 1.0Nov 29, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHowell, MI
The ability to work remote.
The salary is not only low but the rules to remember in any and each situation is an exercise in futility. Not only do they want to make sure you know about just how great the culture is internally, which is just more woke nonsense than it is anything that is actually constructive. This company has no idea what it is doing when it comes to retaining talent and keeping employees happy, they come up with rules so that advancement or a conversation about getting paid more are far off possibilities. Another job that I am stuck at for the time being, but lack of support from management and a well below average salary are the consequences of me looking for a new job since I started. Then the CEO is talking about the possibility of layoffs, which isn’t concerning at all.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Associate Data EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Pros: very stable, flexible work arrangements, and compensates for internet with CA WFH employees.
Cons: poor comp, which isn't adjusted for the city you live in. Job title also isn't representative of what you do (i was just a data analyst)... Management also knows they don't pay their senior employees enough.
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023Associate Territory Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAtlanta, GA
Lots of opportunity to grow. Bonus structure is nice. Great benefits & work life balance.
No pension plan, need better retirement options
- 3.0Oct 30, 2023Small Commercial Sales ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSomerset, NJ
They allow you to truly be a sales person without micromanaging. A lot of data to assist with daily needs. Company car, PT days and bonus potential.
No exit interview. Lack of support. Very little structure. A LOT of turnover. Management is disconnected. Pay isnt the best. Experience doesn't mean anything when it comes to salary. Underwriting appetite is extremely limited. Bonus potential is good however reaching a better than average bonus is somewhat difficult. No annual raise. No sense of urgency anywhere in the company.1
- 3.0Nov 16, 2023Casualty Claims AdjusterCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Co workers are good to work with.
Pending are too high. Need more adjusters and give sr. staff more authority. Managers are pretty good. Unfortunately mine isn’t the greatest.
The Hanover Insurance Group Reviews FAQs
The Hanover Insurance Group has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 887 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at The Hanover Insurance Group to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
79% of The Hanover Insurance Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Hanover Insurance Group 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.