The Harvard Drug Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Harvard Drug Group Interview Questions

2.4

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group.

Interview

Clearly defined w/ pre-disclosed milestones. All questions were fair & relevant to the position. For best results I would suggest spending time learning about the company and understanding how to relate your prior experiences in a sales light.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

First Veterinary Supply Division of Harvard. They did a phone screen before asking me to come in for an interview, about a week later I was able to come into the office. (They were very compliant with my previous work schedule and I was able to come in the evening.) Interview process was very comfortable, was more of a conversation than series of questions. I spoke one on one with one of the sales managers. It helps if you have a knowledge of veterinary products. I have noticed that it's not as important to know Pharmacy products for the Harvard Retail side. They only hire when they have large enough training classes, so my only real complaint was that I was accepted in May and couldn't train until June, and didn't officially start until the end of June. * Study the website to know products.

Compliance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then on to corporate headquarters to interview with three individuals: Corperate Quality and Compliance President, Compliance VP, and HR. Only two candidates were chosen for the next step after the initial phone interview.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Entailed couple standard questions and a mock sales scenario (i.e. sell me oranges for example). Then had an on-site group interview with sales manager and sales director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be good at sales? What is your biggest career achievement? How would you close a sale/manage an account? What is your greatest strength? Biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

First of all H/R dept. only had one time to interview and only on specific days. Had a recruiter from CA call me late in the evening due to time change; had to perform blind role play as interview process without any notice. Waited 15 minutes for someone to interview me. Had to interview with Human Resources who had no previous sales experience. Interviewed with 2 more managers. All they asked me was do I have a problem with being "micro-managed" and being on the phone. The interviewers kept stating they weren't "babysitters". Sat with fellow employees asked about salary structure and he practically bit my head-off stating "he won't talk about it". This is a company that an entry-level sales person would apply. All you are is a phone jockey, glorified telemarketer.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to make the best apple pie who would you proceed?   Answer Question

Did not want to be a phone jockey and being over managed by having too many hands in the pot so to speak. Drive was too far from my home.

Insale Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group.

Interview

I was contacted via email by an outside company to do a pre screen. She was very professional and gave me as much information as possible including ballpark salary ranges. I "passed" the pre screen and was contacted by the HR person for a “face to face” a few days later. The face to face was with the HR MGR then a "one on one" with a few managers and a director. The Ego’s in the room were smothering me but I found it entertaining. The sales managers asked the standard questions and nothing really stood out too unfamiliar. The director was a bit more laid back and informative. This took about 2 hours or so. Yea, two hours!! The salary range was below 33k!! They need to work on the comp plan IMO! I also did not see the commission kick in for at least a 9 months. You would think they were interviewing for the CEO position. Finally, I was given a chance to shadow a sales rep on the phone for 15 or so. He turned out to be a really great person and we talked about the job, expectations and growth path. When we finished, I was walked out and told they should know something in a week. It was more like two weeks. All in all it was a very lengthy interview with some reservations, mostly the salary and money caps. My plan for the most part was not to pursue the opportunity but use as an information interview and practice always makes perfect.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process begins with a brief into call from a recruiter where your sales skills are assessed. It is followed by an in person interview with a few managers and a sr director of sales.

Interview Questions

• I was asked at one point to sell my briefcase to the manager interviewing me.   Answer Question

IT Operations Director/Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Rigorous. Expect to speak with all C-Level execs before you're through. Slow process which will likely take 2-3 weeks to complete. Come with questions. Know what you're walking into by being thorough. Ask about internal workings like process maturity, key challenges, and expectations. A clear understanding in these areas will tell you if you are the right one to say yes or pass with a thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• There will be some and more so the higher up the chain you go. Nothing specific that I can recall though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Inflexible. Get what you want coming in though. Afterwards will be difficult to improve significantly.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewing manager was very relaxed and casual. We talked a little bit about my background, but mostly about the job description. There were no stupid "sell me this pen" type questions. I thought the interview went well and even followed up with a thank-you email the following day. I was a bit disappointed that I did not get a personal phone call instead received a human resources form letter basically saying "thanks, but no thanks".

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Easy, comfortable, everyone was straight up with what they were looking for. Very nice company.