The Learning Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Learning Lab Interview Questions

Interviews at The Learning Lab

2.7

Sort:

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab in January 2014.

Interview

interviewed via skype. The interview itself wasn't terribly difficult, it was mostly behavioural questions. One caveat. I accepted the job and committed to working here before they finalized my schedule. The management seems to think it is in their best interest to entice you with 3-day work week only to let you know that such a schedule is usually only available to teachers that have been there for at least 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Why Teach? What age levels would you be most comfortable teaching? What class sizes would you be most comfortable teaching?   Answer Question

Client Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was screened thru a phone interview, and then invited for a 1st interview with HR. Very cordial and sincere interviewer who truthfully states the job requirements. Few days later asked to return for 2nd interview. The manager was very nice and friendly too. Overall TLL gives me a very gd impression with regards to environment, the staff and management are all friendly, unlike other big condescending companies.
    However do be prepared that questions will not be asked directly, i had to infer them myself, as the interviews are more like a conversation, getting to know you better to see if you are the right candidate, sharing insights of the job and seeing how you would respond to their statements verbally and through body language and facial expressions. Well at least that was how my interview went about.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience that i hv successfully won over a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was done by HR manager who went thru the contract conscientiously. No negotiations were done by either parties.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2014.

Interview

A rather long process. First, there was a group interview with about 5 others. It was then followed by a one-to-one interview, an observation session and finally a co-pilot session.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruitment Team from the HR department was prompt to process my application. Before the commencement of the group interview, there was a short written test and filling up of the in-house application form. The group interview was quite long and tedious as it was a big group of 9-10 candidates and we all took turns to answer the questions posed. After questioning, we were given about 5 minutes to work on a case study. The instructions for the case study was clear and concise. It gave us an insight to the experiences that the job role may offer us.

I received a call about 3-5 days later and proceeded with the one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Brief introduction.
      What is your five-year plan?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The interview session is 1:1. The HR people were friendly. There was an essay writing section and few questions mainly about yourself. The interview consisted mainly the usual interview questions and they were pretty much interested about your teaching experience.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Learning Lab in January 2015.

Interview

TLL was very prompt in getting in contact with me after I first sent in my resume, as well as in arranging and rearranging a date for an interview. The first segment of the interview consisted of essay writing to let them know more about me, which took me around 45 mins. The second segment of the interview consisted of a face-to-face interview, which was a little disappointing because I had to wait around 1.5 hours for the interviewer. Nonetheless, she had an extremely warm disposition and was very apologetic about being late. Questions were quite generic i.e. why did you choose to study what you chose to study, why do you want to join the company etc.

Interview Questions

• Ironically for me, I was stuck when she asked me why I chose to take up my course of study. I took it up solely because I loved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2014.

Interview

Group Interview of about 5 candidates.
    Checking of relevant docs followed by a short essay about yourself.
    Ask about aspirations, where do you see yourself in the company in 5 years. What job function would you like to embark on. Last about 1.5 hr

One to one interview with managers after 2 weeks.
    Return to sign contract within a week.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind teaching and why do you want to teach?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Two interviews. First was a group interview with 5 other people where they asked generic questions like stating your strengths and weaknesses. It was followed by a case study where we had to give solutions to the proposed problems.
    Once you get through the first interview, they would call you for the second interview with a senior manager. This is one-on-one where she asked your interest level for the job and what you are comfortable teaching (teaching component is a must)

Interview Questions

• The case study where they asked you how you would handle a demanding parent.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Interview

A week after applying online, HR called to have a short 5-min interview over the phone. Went down for group interview whereby we also had to write short essays. They seemed much more interested in your ability and interest in teaching over anything else.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if parent demands a more qualified teacher?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab.

Interview

Received a phone call not during the typical business hours as they operate at different times compared to normal 9am-6pm jobs, so be sure to answer or call back if you miss it at first.

First round: group interview with about 5 - 6 participants, took about 3 hours

Second round: one on one interview with a condescending MA.

Interview Questions

Wanted me to teach a lot more than manage.