The Learning Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Learning Lab

2.7

Client Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was screened thru a phone interview, and then invited for a 1st interview with HR. Very cordial and sincere interviewer who truthfully states the job requirements. Few days later asked to return for 2nd interview. The manager was very nice and friendly too. Overall TLL gives me a very gd impression with regards to environment, the staff and management are all friendly, unlike other big condescending companies.
    However do be prepared that questions will not be asked directly, i had to infer them myself, as the interviews are more like a conversation, getting to know you better to see if you are the right candidate, sharing insights of the job and seeing how you would respond to their statements verbally and through body language and facial expressions. Well at least that was how my interview went about.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience that i hv successfully won over a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was done by HR manager who went thru the contract conscientiously. No negotiations were done by either parties.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab in January 2014.

Interview

interviewed via skype. The interview itself wasn't terribly difficult, it was mostly behavioural questions. One caveat. I accepted the job and committed to working here before they finalized my schedule. The management seems to think it is in their best interest to entice you with 3-day work week only to let you know that such a schedule is usually only available to teachers that have been there for at least 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Why Teach? What age levels would you be most comfortable teaching? What class sizes would you be most comfortable teaching?   Answer Question

Compensation and Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2019.

Interview

Hiring manager was engaging and asked for specific examples. HR director emphasized that she wants people on the ball and will reply her timely. They were friendly and nice people.

Specialist Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2019.

Interview

For the first stage, TLL will give you class materials and ask you to prepare for a class to teach those materials. The audience will be the subject head. Once you have passed the first stage, there will be another round of interview.

Senior Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Truly disappointing experience with the HR team. Lack of follow up initiative and the recruiter did not follow up as per agreed timelines for multiple times.

Ended up telling the outcome of the interview to the person who referred me in instead of myself personally and only told me about the outcome when I followed up with her. Totally unprofessional.

STA Interview

Interview

The interview process consist of 3 stages. Stage 1 is an english proficiency test and subject matter knowledge. Stage 2 is meeting the HR who wnats to find out one's communcation skills and emotional managment skils . The last stage is micro teaching to test one's suitability for the class room context. Overall, it is not difficult but need to demonstate repsponsivility and good communication and adaptivty

Specialist Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2019.

Interview

There was a first round where they it's more conventional - they sit you down to do a written test and have a face to face talk. The second round is a microteaching session where they test how you conduct a lesson based on materials provided.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your own teaching? Where else have you applied?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Learning Lab (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2019.

Interview

Very thorough with regards to the job expectations. One interviewer said role is highly operational but another interviewer said role is not so operational. Heavy emphasis was placed by both interviewers on the type of bosses I like to work with. Pleasant every HR staff I met but otherwise black face everyone else I met at their office. Directions to the office tower on the 1st level appeared to be located only near the mall entrance leading to the office tower; took me 4 rounds on the 1st level before I spotted the signage. Even some random persons in the mall didn't know where the office tower is.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Learning Lab.

Interview

I emailed my resume in, and was told to go to their head office for an interview. There were a few components: meeting with the HR staff, writing a personal statement with some cues, English test (editing), and a test specific to the subject that I applied for. Following that, they said that they would get back to me within 2 weeks regardless if I was successful or not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Learning Lab.

Interview

The hiring and interview process goes like this:
    1st: Phone Interview.
    2nd: Face-to-Face Interview with HR & Grammar Test.
    3rd: Pseudo Teaching Session with HR and Department.
    4th: Interview Results.
    5th: Background Check.
    6th: Sign Contract.

HR was professional and efficient during the whole process.