The Lee Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Lee Company Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Lee Company.

Interview

Applied for the job through the career fair. Had about a 30 minute interview the following day. Very conversational mostly talking about my experiences and why I would want to work with sales. They seemed very relaxed, just wanted to get to know me personally to see if I would be a good fit in sales.

Sales Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Lee Company (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Process was quite lengthy. I initially interviewed on campus after speaking with them at the career fair. The second round interview was also on campus, and they flew in two more branch managers to vet me. I was then invited down to the Chicago office, where I had to give a presentation, to try to sell them something, and then we went out for lunch. I was email and invited to fly to their Detroit and Connecticut offices within 2 weeks, of which included about 5 more interviews and approximately 5-10 "meals". All of their interviews were very basic get-to-know you esque, and the meals were all to try to see if I was a good fit for the company. They progressively look for you to know more about the company, role, and want you to show passion for sales.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a Sales Engineer for Lee? Tell us about yourself, etc   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Lee Company.

Interview

The interview was very conversational with some behavioral questions mixed in. The gentlemen interviewing me seemed most interested in getting to know me which made it easy to be myself. I built a good rapport with the interviewers. We went out to lunch after the interview and chatted some more about random topics unrelated to the job. I think they wanted to get a feel for how I would be in front of the customer.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you'd be good at sales?   1 Answer

Technical Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Lee Company (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial Interview was on campus and was expected to be rather relaxing and easy, but I ended up in a room with three employees, one of which was the director of sales. The questions were not what I was expecting, and the men who were interviewing me were very serious and not relaxed at all, as I had been told the interview would be.

Interview Questions

• What other companies do you have interviews with?
      Describe what role you want to serve in the future/ what will you want a work day to look like?
      When you are not working, what do you like to do in your free time?
      Answer Question

Entry Level Sale Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Lee Company (Irving, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through University. I was called the following week and spoke with the sales manager for about 20 minutes. We arranged a sit-down interview which lasted about an hour. He was very nice and easy to talk to. I received a call about 3 weeks later requesting for another interview with the district manager who is beneath the sales manager. The district manager was once again easy to talk to and just asked questions regarding my resume. Overall the interviews were very laid back and calm, but it was mainly just a personality check to see if I was right for sales. After all, I am an engineer, but I lack on the sales techniques. It was a great learning experience for interviewing with a professional manufacturing company.

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Lee Company.

Interview

Our initial communication was via email and we were able to set up an interview time. I lived three hours away at the time, and instead of having a phone interview they had me come to the office to interview in person, but I didn't mind it too much.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty standard, no incredibly difficult or challenging questions that I can come up with.   Answer Question

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, CT

Application

I interviewed at The Lee Company (Westbrook, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with three people, each of them was very nice and helpful. They were upfront, and very honest about grow within the company and what success in the company looks like. The company clearly cares about its employees.

Interview Questions

• What conflict have you overcome, and how did you come out a better person.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Lee Company (Westbrook, CT) in April 2009.

Interview

Initially made contact with the company and HR during a career fair. They made me aware they were looking for internal sales positions, which fit with my career goals. Gave them me resume and was contacted about a week later for an in person interview.

The in person interview was with the direct supervisor of the position, several other supervisors at his level, and their boss, the internal sales manager. The interview included a full factory shop tour and taking me out to lunch. There was no panel interview, but at various points I met one-on-one with different direct supervisors (trying to gauge which one would be the best fit). Questions were resume based, many to do with previous internship experience I had.

After that, about a week later I was invited to have dinner with my direct supervisor, the internal sales manager, and the VP of Sales. I understand this is the most difficult step to pass, but I felt it went very smoothly and I had a great dinner at a very nice restaurant.

Within 2-3 days I was called by HR and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on as a team (ie. your Senior Design Project)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, given the fact that I was a fresh college graduate and compensation package offered was excellent.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Lee Company in September 2012.

Interview

First had a phone interview and the guy who interviewed me was extremely nonchalant about everything. He basically just wanted to get to know me as a person. Then I came in for an in person interview 2 weeks later and they took me out to lunch after. Even the in person interview was not difficult at all. They didn't really ask many questions about why I felt I should get this position.

Technical Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Lee Company in October 2010.

Interview

When the interview started I was told that they were looking for someone to fill the position immediately. That's understandable. Though I graduate at the end of the summer quarter. I was informed almost immediately that if I didn't move on to have a second interview I wouldn't be contacted. I thought that was rude and reflected on how much they value people and the time that the individual takes to learn about and interview with a company. The position was not an entry level position which left room for career development or growth.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in future? What would you like your role to be in the company?   1 Answer