The Mirage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

3.2

Front Desk Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Mirage (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

First you apply online. They called me the next day for interview it went well. Waited a week they called for second interview it was a panel interview. Went well called me a week later told I got the job over phone. A week later came in to office to sign job offer was told would start in a month after drug test and background check.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Mirage.

Interview

I applied online and received the call for an interview.

My first interview was with two managers who asked questions from a piece of paper and they write my answers down. They were being attentive to my answers. Nothing too hard, but they asked multiple questions at once. You have to elaborate answers and try to include what you would do in each situation. The first interview was a very pleasant experience.

The second interview was with the Director of the department. The Director didn't ask anything new, just read the answers that the two managers wrote in my first interview and ask three of the same questions. I could have answers the same thing but I didn't want to sound scripted, that caught me off guard as I struggled a little bit to try to word differently. The Director was saying how I have work experience but not that much, and I was thinking "you didn't look at my resume before you called me for an interview?!!". Sometimes the company would call you for an interview just to criticize you about your work experience, and I do get that here.

I removed my job application after I learn that it wasn't the job I thought it would be. It was misleading how they didn't put on the web site that this is a temporary job.

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mirage (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

After vetted by HR, the Cage Director and/or Cage Manager will bring you into their office and casually chat with you, get you to relax, and then will start asking what you know, ask about your employment history. They will ask about difficult situations you faced and how you dealt with it. At the end of the interview they will let you know they will call you if you are selected

Interview Questions

• What is the reportable limit for Title31   1 Answer

Convention Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mirage (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

1st A Phone Interview with Associate Director of sales
    2nd In person interview with Director of sales & Associate Director of Sales
    3rd In person interview with VP of sales and Director

Interview Questions

• Have you been in hotel sales prior?
      What markets where you in?
      Have you had past sales goals & how did you preform?   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Mirage (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2009.

Interview

Very easy, comfortable, inviting.

Negotiation

Easy, no hassel.

Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Mirage in March 2011.

Interview

After getting them interested with the online appllication, the first interview was a group interview with about 25 people, all applying for various jobs at the property. The interviewer aske dus to introduce ourselves, the job we're applying for and why we want to work for the Mirage. We were asked to describe ourselves in one word, also to explain why we're in the field of our profession. The next interview was with the Spa director and the Spa manager about a week later. They asked questions like, What would you do if a client was dissatisfied? What would you say is your greatest weakness and how do you remedy that? Do you recall your most difficult client and how did you handle that stiuation? A practical interview was scheduled about a wek later, after which I received a phone call to let me know that a background check would be the next step, which was followed by a hair drug test several weeks later. A couple of weeks after that I received an e-mail to go for processing and orientation. The Manager was very friendly, courteous and understanding. The atmosphere overall was that of a high standard of professionalism, the environment I will be working in is definitely above average in quality of surroundings and products. Everyone I've met in my process so far has been friendly and helpful and I'm excited to begin my career at the Mirage. Even the people who helped me at the Uniform processing wore a smile and were friendly and outgoing. I expected grumpy people who don't want to be bothered and was very pleasantly surprised. My uniform is tailored to me, which is something I'm really not used to and made me appreciate this opportunity even more. I have nothing but good things to say about the Mirage so far.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, they offered and I took it.