The NPD Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The NPD Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The NPD Group

2.5

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

First round, interviewed by asking your background. If your background matches, they may send you some coding quizzes. After you pass the code quizzes, the second round interview is mostly focused on your behavior.

Interview Questions

• Which attributes do you think are important in a teamwork?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The NPD Group.

Interview

A disorganized caricature of a real DS interview.

Started with a fairly normal phone screen with HR. I was contacted the next day and asked to do a fairly normal take-home DS test which took about 4 hours.

About a week later, I was contacted and told that I'd done well on the test. We schduled an interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly behavioral, although he did ask me about how I would think through a particular problem. The first red flag was the description of the problem. It was clearly an ongoing issue with a client. He tried to sanitize it on the fly and ended up giving almost no detail. Under questioning, he also changed details on the fly. Disorganized but we got through it. I also strongly got the impression that they want a data analyst not a scientist.

I was contacted about. a week later and asked to interview with management at the next level up. I showed up on Zoom in a button-down and tie. My interviewer appeared in a dirty hoodie in a dark room. Quickly got over THAT shock. Much more stringent behavioral questioning.

Then - radio silence. Follow-ups with people who warmly gave me their info unprompted went unanswered. No courtesy at all to follow up with a candidate 3 interviews in (well, 2 + a phone screen).

They don't know the difference between a data analyst and a data scientist. They're also absolutely willing to waste as much of your time as you'll give them.

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The NPD Group (Port Washington, NY).

Interview

Flew out all of the candidates to New York for "Super Day"- all expenses paid, casual interview. Had groups go for a tour then interview 3 different groups of interviewers for about 20 minutes

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The NPD Group.

Interview

Phone Screen, Interview with Hiring Manager over the phone, Interview in Person with the team. I had to decline further consideration due to extremely poor communication from all departments and them being unable to respond to updates. Recruiter and manager didn't respond for nearly 3 months after weekly follow-ups. Glad I missed out on this opportunity.

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The NPD Group.

Interview

Process started with 2 calls one with the director, and one with the executive director. After that is was an in person where they asked a lot of questions about curiosity in the industry, Why NPD, and walking through my resume, and a skills assessment.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone call interview by HR. Basic questions about the experiences in the resume. Started with educational background and asked several questions about the projects did in school. Then move to the work experiences and goes very detail. Very standard process.

Interview Questions

• Detail one of the challenges you experienced in your last work.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

three stage interview process. Introduction to get to know you, behavioral to see how you will work from previous experiences, and technical to see if you understand market research

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The NPD Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. The first was a typical phone screening with HR, the second was in person with 2-3 people on the team - a standard get to know you meeting. The final round consisted of a take-home case study where you analyzed the given data and present findings on it in person to a group of people.

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The NPD Group (Port Washington, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was really through. The questions asked were very relevant to the job I was applying for. The people who interviewed me was a lady who was going to be my boss and several peers that also worked at the company who were older than me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The NPD Group (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Good interview! The questions were straight-forward and every person I interacted with were nice. They wanted to know you as a person rather than having the 'right answers'. I wouldn't mind having to interview again.