The Resumator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Resumator Interview Questions

Interviews at The Resumator

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Resumator (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, which required a resume, cover letter, and portfolio submission. I received an email a few days later from one of my contacts asking me to come in for an interview. When I came in, we talked for an hour, and then there were a series of smaller interviews with other key members of the Product team. My contact followed up shortly thereafter with an expression of interest and we talked further about some additional questions I had. A few days letter, they followed up with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure your ideal design team?   1 Answer
    • How would you define the relationship between Product, Design, and UX?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what some of my requirements were and then came in with a strong offer. We came to terms very easily.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Resumator (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview Process was smooth and organized!

I was in contact with Sara the internal recruiter. I had a phone interview screening for about 40 minutes after our conversation because it went so well we were able to set up a in person interview next day. Meet with Josh the Regional Sales Manager and Matthew the Senior Manager of Sales Operations. The in-person interview took about a hour. Sara contacted me within two hours after my interview was finished and was offered the job position. I would recommend be yourself and research what the company does. Prepare yourself to show that you are a "Performer".

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table? What makes you unique? Why would I be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Resumator (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via Indeed. There were 2 phone call interviews and 1 in-person interview. Before the in-person was scheduled, I had a brief assignment to complete demonstrating my skills. I met several people from the sales team during the interview. They were very welcoming and offered a Red Bull and a snack bar.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a performer, rather than just a paycheck employee?   Answer Question

Manager, Account Management Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Resumator.

Interview

1st time, the recruiter did not call with the time we both confirmed. I called her back and left vm. She emailed me the next day, apologized, saying she was sick. She then asked if I can provide some alternatives. I did. She did not reply until 2 weeks later, saying she was sorry and again, asked my availability. And at the day we both agreed on, guess what, she did not call!

I don't feel like anyone would want to work at this company?

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Resumator (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially was contacted by Head of Marketing through a mutual contact, was told that Sara Niemi would be contacting me for a phone call. Took a couple weeks but Sara was able to set up a phone screening with me and then invited me into the office for an interview with the marketing team. One by one I sat down with the entire team that I would essentially be working with and they all asked me about myself and my interests in the world of marketing. Each member had specific questions regarding their own expertise and were able to get a feel of where they think I would fit. Long interview process but it was very rewarding because I was challenged in various aspects and was able to get a feel for what the marketing team did at the company. After the interview I was offered a position as an intern and accepted immediately. Very excited to work with the team and for a growing company that has values and a mission that aligns with my own personal ambitions.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of marketing interest me?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Resumator (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was passionate and knowledgable about the company. I then went through a series of phone interviews and a lengthy in-person interview before receiving an offer. Everyone whom I interviewed with had relevant, insightful questions/answers, and made me feel inspired about what they are trying to accomplish. The in-person interview was an eye opener as they have a fantastic office in downtown SF.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Resumator (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied, phone screen, came in to chat with a few people. Phone screen was pretty basic. The in-house interview was kind of a joke, because nobody knew the product and everyone is new. There's huge turnover. Also, everyone disapproves of management. They basically sell you on NOT taking the job.

Developer Interview

Interview

Was called by a recruiter. Had a phone screen with the VP of Engineering and then a face to face interview. The interview lasted most of the day, so get some rest before and bring your "A" game.

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Resumator (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process, while long, was thorough and felt like it needed to be. I had 3 phone screens and 2 on-site interviews. After talking with each successive person, the more excited I got for the opportunity. I'm actually glad for the due diligence. While I was extremely nervous for my second on-site, meeting one-on-one with the CRO, to the point my glasses fogged up, I absolutely killed the interview. Be honest, be yourself, be hungry. Don't be afraid to show your passion for what you do and you will be fine. Also, make sure you do your homework!!

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Resumator (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

About a 2 week process, with 2 phone interviews and then an in person interview. Standard questions and length of interview. One phone interview was with a manager in San Fran, and then the other was with the Pittsburgh Sales lead. The lead also conducted the in person interview. I then had to wait for the two leads to meet with upper management.