The Running Room Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Running Room

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Running Room.

Interview

Was customer - knew the staff as I had been in the store ofter and spent a lot of time there doing running clinics. I spoke to the manager and asked for part time work when it became available.

Application

Interview

Sat down with manager on the spot when I brought in my resume. She asked me about running experience, race experience (volunteering/running), retail experience, dealing with coworkers, dealing with customers, etc. No surprise questions, very standard interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Running Room.

Interview

I had an interview the the area manager as well as the manger of the store. We sat down and had coffee together, they asked me about my running, etc.
    I would say it was a little more casual than a typical interview. I think it was easy for me because I was so involved in running that we had a lot to talk about. I got the job even though I had no previous sales experience because I think I fit in with the type of people they were looking for.

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Running Room in August 2014.

Interview

brought my resume in and was interviewed on the spot. manager was nice enough. asked about running experience and retail experience, talked about the company and what the job would be and what hours i was avail

Interview Questions

• Have you ever shopped at running room and what was your experience here   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Running Room.

Interview

received a post via email, manager called, casual interview, no surprises, liked the energy of the interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Running Room (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Submit a resume to the Store Manager. A couple of days later got a face-to-face interview at the store location. Interview was conducted in between sales. Manager was the only person on staff that day. Pretty standard interview questions. Some yes/no answers, some situational questions were asked, years of experience in customer service, running/walking, talked about volunteer work as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Running Room (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

I was asked about my retail experience (at the time I had none) and my knowledge and experience with regards to running. The store manager was very laid back and did not seem to have interviewed anyone else except me. The interview was short and sweet - as it should be...it is only retail.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Running Room (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Very detailed and questions were related to running and interaction with people. Interview was 30 minutes, process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you participated in our clinics and what do they entail   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Running Room in January 2010.

Interview

Be a runner or a walker. Know the running and walking programs offered!

Interview Questions

• Know the running and walking programs offered and what they involve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Running Room in June 2009.

Interview

company culture was very easygoing and friendly. The interview was simple, background information about product knowledge and availability.