The Scripps Research Institute Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at The Scripps Research Institute

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 58 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute (United States)

Interview

Very straight forward and like a typical interview , phone interview where I was asked about experience and background and resume and then group interview for a follow up and more indepth questions

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about the experience you've had so far
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute (United States) in Apr 2020

Interview

Simple questions: tell me about yourself -> they tell tell you about their lab operations, how they are dealing with the current situation and then ask -> experiences that specifically relate with their job description

Interview Questions
The Scripps Research Institute
Application

Interview

Its the same as how it usually is. It went in 2 rounds. The first one was to basically know you. The second one was to know what your expectations and goals are. It majorly depends on the lab you apply for.

Interview Questions
  • What your long term goal is? Are you open to writing fellowships?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute (United States) in Jul 2019

Interview

Received Email for phone interview. Got phone interview for the next day. During the interview I was asked a series of questions about myself and my skills set applicable for the position.

Interview Questions
The Scripps Research Institute
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute (United States)

Interview

Met with supervisor and lab, presented my PhD work. Met with each lab member individually. They took me out to lunch and supper. We were a match and offered me position on the spot Made my decision the following week.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you a good candidate for our lab?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute (United States) in Apr 2018

Interview

Application--Skype interview twice--on-site interview. On site interview is a whole day of formal interview, giving a presentation about your previous research projects and meeting with everyone in the lab to talk about their projects .

Interview Questions
  • Scientific presentation. Questions about the graduate research.
Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute (San Diego, CA) in Jan 2018

Interview

Contacted by email, conducted a phone interview and set up and in person interview. Met with the team of friendly and kind people for the interview. Made me very comfortable and excited about potentially joining the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute (Jupiter, FL)

Interview

I was contacted by HR by phone and asked a few screening questions. The HR representative was professional and very pleasant. At the end of the screening call, she indicated that the initial interview would be via computer where I would be creating a video of my responses to about 10 questions. This was touted as convenient for me and also for the interviewing team as the "interview" could be done at any time convenient to me from my computer or cell phone. They use a program called Hire Vue. I checked out Hire Vue online and it is disturbing. In addition to the "convenience" of it all, the program provides data to the employer on facial expression, voice tone, etc. The process felt extremely cold, impersonal and highly invasive. Particularly when you consider they were interviewing for a position that revolves around personal contact,

Interview Questions
  • I'm sure you are willing to be flexible about compensation but tell us what you would like to earn.
Application

Interview

The interview process comprised of speaking with the PI and postdoc. Questions were mostly about prior experiences and about the ongoing research. There were a few basic behavioral questions asked.

Interview Questions
The Scripps Research Institute
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Scripps Research Institute (United States) in Mar 2017

Interview

filed online application, then got phone call from my supervisor , talked for about one hour, at the end of our conversation, he said he would like me to come.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 58