The Trade Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I had three interview (1 phone and 2 on-sites). I met employees from a range of teams, as well as managers and leadership from the Client Services team that I would be joining. The final on-site interview included a demo to a Hiring Manager and Head of Client Services.

Interview Questions

• Explain your knowledge of adtech and The Trade Desk's role in the industry.   1 Answer

BI Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Trade Desk.

Interview

I had maybe 8 or 9 interviews throughout the process. It took a long time, but everyone was really friendly, all of them were well prepared and eager to learn about my skills, and to see if I would fit at TTD.

Interview Questions

• Take home analysis project   1 Answer

Media Trading Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter on a Wednesday, was told to expect to hear by that Friday or Monday. Heard nothing and I followed up with 3 LinkedIn emails over the next 14 days, being ignored each time despite seeing that they were 'read'.

Eventually reached out to the senior recruiter and explained I'd heard nothing and was eager to know given I was close to being offered other roles. Funny enough the recruiter I spoke with got back to me that very day - I wasn't a fit.

Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

A phone call from a recruiter who was knowledgeable however even after she let me know I was going to speak to someone next, I never heard back. She thought I was qualified and a good fit, so fairly deceptive.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too crazy, just a lot about themselves more than me.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk.

Interview

3 rounds, talked with 7 total team members. Everyone was enthusiastic for their work and The Trade Desk. I was moved efficiently from round to round and always felt team members were respectful of my time.

Media Trading Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online on TTD's website and got an email from HR two days later asking about availability for a call. The screener call was straight forward and easy but it was also very obvious that they were looking for a particular fit in their culture.

Towards the end of the call I was told that they would let me know if they wanted to proceed further in about a week. It's now been about 47 days and they haven't bothered to get back to me. I sent a follow up exactly one week after the call and they didn't respond to that either. I ended up taking a position elsewhere but for a company that prides itself on culture, collaboration and other such metrics..their lack of professionalism in letting applicants know is appalling. Looking at a few of the other negative reviews here it seems this same thing has happened to a few others as well.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (Ventura, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After about a week I was scheduled for a 45 minute phone interview by the Recruiting Manager; we talked about my general background and technical knowledge.

A day after that they got back to me and scheduled me to have another hour long interview with the hiring manager, who was the Principle Product Manager; we talked about the specifics of the position, the expectations of the position, the work culture, more specific details about my background, etc.

A couple days after that they asked me to do a video-conference interview with the GM of Product; we had some high level discussion about software in general, my background, his background, the Product team at TTD, and some other general industry info.

And then about a day after that they asked me to come in for a full day of interviews with four members of the team, including the CTO, VP of Engineering, and two other senior members of the company. That full day of interviews was fairly daunting, but it ended up being mostly about the cultural fit and not technical prowess. That being said, the VP of Engineering did run me through a minor skills test to see how I would respond to one of the current problems facing the platform UI.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your favorite software product and why? What are two things you would change to improve it?   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at The Trade Desk in early 2017 and was referred for this position. The interviews were thorough and I had 4 rounds in total (2x phone screens and 2x in person where I met with 4-5 people each visit). The interviews were 1:1 and conversational. The team was really looking to get to know me beyond just my work experience!

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (Ventura, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process spanned roughly a month and consisted of multiple phone and in-person interviews.

The initial interview was a phone screening with one of the engineers.
    After I passed the phone screening I was given four coding exercises to work on. I had several days to turn in my answers.
    After my scripts were reviewed I was scheduled for an all-day (roughly 6 hours) interview at the Ventura location.
    I had three on-site interviews as well as two separate gotomeeting sessions.

Overall, I was very pleased with the interview process. The recruiters were excellent at guiding me through the entire process and understanding what to expect. The engineers I interviewed with were very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions

• The questions were a mix of technical and situational. One technical question was how I would make a change to thousands of servers without causing disruption.   Answer Question

GM Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall, I had few phone interview/screens upfront, in person cross functional interviews in the office, team leaderships interviews. Also had the HR interview and background checks. It was professional and aligned with industry best practices

Interview Questions

• experience and relevant knowledge   1 Answer

Manager, Marketplace Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Trade Desk (Ventura, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took about 2-3 weeks, and followed a standard structure--a couple phone screens/interviews, in-person interviews, and follow ups. I was delightfully surprised at how tactful everyone was to ease any nervousness and let me be myself. They were very well studied interviewers

Interview Questions

• I brought the technical experience, so I felt many of the conversations we had were personality/cultural fit questions, which is amazing at TTD   1 Answer