The Vitamin Shoppe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Standard interview questions. 3 different interviews all one on one with store manager, training manager and district manager. The final interview was a phone conversation. I was kept informed throughout the whole process by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What is one scenario where you had go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Palm Coast, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

very fluid and easy to talk. the manger was very nice and listened to everything i had to say. The interview lasted about an hour and a half. They did the interview in store and gave me alot of positive feed back while also telling me what their concerns were. She also gave me time to ask questions if i had any. Overall it was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• what is a goal that you have achieved in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was with the store manager and the DM. They were both welcoming and asked the questions clearly and professional. They asked the basic retail questions such as; what did I like the most/least about my past job and examples of how I would lead a team.

Interview Questions

• There was no very difficult questions but the most unexpected was "what was the last thing you learned?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by Store Manager. She asked me some basic questions. We made an appointment for an interview the next week. The interview went well and found the manager to be very friendly and professional. I could tell she has a lot of experience in interviewing.
    She asked me many good questions that made me think before answering.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation where I was teaching an employee how to do something and they just weren't getting it.   Answer Question

Interview

first interview with the store you applied for and second interview with the district manager.

Negotiation

Ask for a Salary that you deserve especially if you have the experience.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Plano, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied via internet at Vitamin Shoppe.com. Got a phone call from the store manager. The store manager scheduled an interview with me. I met with the store manager the next day for the interview. The interview lasted about 1 hour. The store manager then scheduled an interview with her boss (district manager). 2 days later I met with the District Manager, went through his interview and then was given a job offer from the store manager. I was employed in about 5 days.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Very basic and almost too general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unemployed at the time and needed a job so I was not in a position to negotiate......I was happy to have been offered a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Store Manager position online and got a call a couple of months later. We talked on the phone of my past experience, and I was asked to resend her my resume. She called me back the next day to schedule an in person interview for the next day. When I got there I had to fill out a standard application. Then we went in the back and talked about myself and some past experiences. She told me briefly about the company. She was a nice woman, but she wanted to hire someone really experienced but extremely cheap... we never got into the price negoitiations. She seemed very unorganized (of course it was a new store).

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you and another colleague did not agree on what to do, but you went with it anyway? How was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when someone on your team did not meet your standards or gave problems?   Answer Question
    • Name me a time when you were dealt with a difficult situation or task?   Answer Question
    • What did you do at your past work, describe the duties and responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • What would one of your supervisor’s say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Atlanta, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

In the breakroom. They focus on training and developing employees. Questions based on Situation, Task, Action, Result format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you learned something new.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to have a difficult or uncomfortable conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Pensacola, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Apply Online, Then go into store dressed professionally to introduce yourself in person and let them know you applied online and are very interested. They will set up an in person interview with Assistant Manager or Manager first. The interview is all situational based questions, "Tell me about a time when...." If you make it past the first manager, then you may meet with another manager, and then finally the distract manager. The three step process is mainly for Management positions. Hourly associates can be hired by the store manager most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to resolve a problem for a difficult customer without handing the person off to your manager or involving your manager.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had a deadline to meet but you missed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not much room for negotiation due to the company going public and now being all about keeping payroll low and sales high to show good profits for the share holders. I would say 50 cents is about the most you could negotiate.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process comes pre-scripted for the interviewer to read aloud to the interviewee.Questions such as: Tell me about time you motivated a friend or co-worker. Tell me about a time you reached a goal. Tell me about a time you failed to reach a goal and why.

Interview Questions

• What's the last article you read on health or wellness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took around 3 weeks. Interviewed 3 times.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online then was brought in for a scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the ordinary. Situational questions such as name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question