Thornton Tomasetti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thornton Tomasetti Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I was a little taken aback with the lack of politeness in my email correspondence with the hiring manager. Every email was curt, abrasive and as he was doing ME a favor by speaking to me. I don't really think reaching out to a potential candidate this way reflects well on your company. Extremely pleased to not be going forward and I hope whomever they 'convince' to hire will perhaps have some decency to bring to this organization.

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti.

Interview

First telephone interview. About a month later, I was invited to the office. Panel interview took about an hour. People were friendly. I enjoyed spending time with them. In total, I spent about 4 hours in the office.

IT-RELATED, Manager Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and invited me to apply for an IT-related position. I had one phone screening with that recruiter then a series of in-person person interviews at the NY office. The in-person interviews were conducted by a broad range of employees-- the hiring manager, potential team mates, a chief officer, a Human Resources coordinator, and a board member.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back in 2 weeks that I was accepted for an interview on site. Interview was relaxed, seemed like they didn't have much prepared (maybe because I was interviewed by a bunch of architects instead of engineers). I then got shown around the office and spoke to some staff engineers about their work. The interview itself was about 45min, but talking to the staff engineers took about 1.5 hours. In the end, the interviewer told me that they would contact me about a decision in at most 4 weeks, and to contact him if I needed a response quickly due to other offers, OK I said. Then 1 month passed...I contacted them, NO RESPONSE. 2 months passed..I contacted them often, but NO RESPONSE. Finally 4 months passed and they finally respond with "no offer". TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Completely undermined my view of TT!

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

the interview went on for three hours, in the start, I was given question paper consisting of 13 questions and was asked to solve in 20 mins exact answer was by not required. After solving the question paper interviewer went over my resume and asked questions related to my resume and explained about the firm. Later I was taken to lunch by the interviewer accompanied by three other engineers with different levels of job experience. And after lunch, I was asked to spend 10 mins with each of the engineers who accompanied me for lunch. After that interviewer briefly explained about some of the projects and asked me if I had any questions or not

Interview Questions

• deflection and bending moment diagrams of 2D moment frames, reinforcement detailing in different places of a structure.   Answer Question

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

A 20-minute test with some basic knowledge of design analysis questions. Spent more than an hour talking with entry-level and senior engineers that showed me their current work, the software they use and some challenges they have faced. Then went for lunch with principal and some young engineers. After that a brief discussion with the principal again

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online contacted a day later for an interview. Then I had a phone interview with two people from the Marketing department. They were very nice and upbeat. The questions were very easy nothing hard at all. After the interview they emailed me for references then I heard back within a couple of days that I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?
      Walk through your resume.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting, originally. One person, pretty laid back to explain to you what you what the company does and what you would be doing. If accepted, you interview with additional staff at the job location.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. It was simple and fairly low stress. I meet with a few of the leaders of the office and was asked questions about myself. I then had some time to ask them question about the office and my role in the company. I meet several of the young engineers in the office and spent a while asking them questions and getting honest feedback about their experience.
    Overall a very nice interview experience.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through college recruitment. Took 1 week to get a phone interview. They asked for referral letters and did background check. If you are passionate about something, make a story and tell them.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview. Questions focus on your resume. Questions about strengths, weaknesses, favorite class, favorite Professor, favorite jobs (from your resume).   Answer Question