Ticom Geomatics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ticom Geomatics Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ticom Geomatics

Java/JavaScript Developer Interview

Interview

Interview with a manager left me unimpressed. The manager focused on what I knew about programming in theory, not what I can do in practice. When it was my turn to ask questions, the manager got defensive and did not answer me with tact.

From the interview, I sensed that my experience working there would be hit or miss depending on my team. Each manager uses a different methodology and level of communication with its members. I did not see unity between the company's visions and actions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ticom Geomatics (New York, NY).

Interview

Before even talking to anyone, they send you a Codility test. If you have never done a Codility test, make sure to prepare by going over as many practice problems as you can so that you get a feel for how the questions are structured. Didn't do so well, so never made it to the next round. Not entirely a fan of these types of automated coding challenges, as I feel there is so much more to software development than being able to find the length of the longest quasi subsequence in an array of integers.

Interview Questions

• Find the length of the longest quasi subsequence in an array of integers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ticom Geomatics (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend and it took a couple of weeks before I heard anything from the company. I was contacted by the company's recruiter who set up a phone screen with one of the engineers. The engineer asked me a number of programming questions and then at the end of the interview gave me a timed programming "test". Even though it was never mentioned before or during the interview, the coding test used Node.js, Angular.js, and Ember.js. I was never told this and since I didn't know these technologies, I couldn't do the test in the hour given. The job requisition mentioned a long list of technologies but Node and Angular were not even mentioned. The only clue I had was when the interviewer asked me if I knew Node.js. I said 'no' but oddly he still didn't mention that this was the focus of their search. He never asked me about Angular or Ember even though these were part of the coding test.

The interviewer was polite and friendly, but the interview became very awkward for me upon seeing the test because I knew immediately that I wouldn't be able to complete the code in an hour. I was frustrated that neither the interviewer nor the recruiter told me what technologies I would need to do the test. If I had known ahead of time, I could have looked at the technologies or I could have chosen to decline the interview. As it was, the entire process was a waste of time that could have been avoided if they would have just said that they were looking for a MEAN stack developer.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Node.js?   1 Answer

Private Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ticom Geomatics.

Interview

The process consisted of speaking with two people and then returning later a week later to speak with an office who because the two people who interviewed me did not have hiring authority

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ticom Geomatics (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I was asked to take a Java test to be submitted with my resume through a recruiter prior to being offered a 'pre-screening' phone interview. The test asked about the difference between <? extends T> and <? super T> and required me to complete some code examples to create a memory leak and a deadlock.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised when I was asked why the designer of Java did not include multiple inheritance (as in C++) in the design of the language. I had not worked in C++ for some years and drew a blank. The pre-screening interview was terminated at that point because someone more" theoretical" was desired.   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ticom Geomatics (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The process was lenghty with multiple interviews but the decision was mae quickly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Lasted one day