Tideworks Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency who did a great job at selling the company to me. Once I decided to move forward with being submitted for consideration , the headhunter requested a writing sample and gave me a topic. Being that I was applying for a business analyst job, I turned in a written sample and a process map. It was a fun little exercise.
    I then had a phone interview with one of two managers that were hiring analysts. Had a good interview and chemistry with the manager, but being that I wasn't a perfect technical fit I was it sure I would be called back.
    Surprise! I was invited to a meeting on-site with a manager and two analysts. I dislike panel interviews, as they are stressful since you have to address multiple people instead of one, but the interview was relaxed and ended up being a conversation which allowed me to focus and provide my best answers.
    Again, I disclosed that I wasn't a technical fit, but that I was not concerned as I had always changed jobs and gone into new industries and roles. I was not sure I would be called back, but I was and the last interview included taking me to lunch to meet the full team and a final technical test to assess my problem solving abilities.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been told that I'm too detailed?
      How much detail is enough, when capturing business requirements?   1 Answer

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Not very structured. Other interviewers in the group wanted to discourage working for the company. Did appear very happy someone wanted to work there.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (West Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Spent the first hour with the hiring manager listening to him tell me about the company history, no technical or strategy questions asked. The most challenging part of the interview was trying not to convey my increasing boredom. The second hour involved one of the systems engineers on the team and two other team members on the phone; none of them asked me any technical questions either.

In the end, no feedback ever provided, and no candidate selection was ever conveyed to me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, a few yes or no questions; not one single technical question.   Answer Question

Tideworks Technology Response

Sep 13, 2018 – President

Well, we are sad to see this for this sure.

This is not how we want an interview to be performed at Tideworks. We appreciate the honest feedback and while this took some time to respond to, we... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter with Tideworks. Initial phone interview was followed by a phone screen by the hiring manager. In person panel interview followed. I'd seen the negative reviews here, and as I was walking through the office to the conference room, I felt a pall of negativity through out the office. Everyone was very quiet and glum looking, and it seemed they were all waiting for 5pm so they could go home. I declined further consideration for the position due to family issues ongoing at the time and their stated inflexibility with work hours and/or remote work.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my work history and telling me about the skills the needed and the company culture.   Answer Question

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

After a phone/Skype screening with a staffing company rep, I went to an interview with two Tideworks employees: the dept. manager and the team lead. There would have been a round 2 interview had I advanced.

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting process questions such as "How would you help a customer who was not able to print?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (Seattle, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

There were 2 phone screen interviews, and two on-site interviews with multiple group panels per interview. The second on-site interview included lunch to see if I fit in with the group. I can't remember how many questions I was asked...but it was easier than a day at Microsoft. :)

Interview Questions

• Explain a failure you had and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with various managers across multiple departments.

There was one manager who clearly did not like me before he even walked in the room. He showed up 10 minutes late and was rolling his eyes as he walked in before even meeting me. That unprofessional was very indicative as to how the remaining interview process would go.

They asked a lot of "buzz word" questions and wanted textbook examples that are out of date with how the software industry works in the real world versus how it functions in a theoretical classroom.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology.

Interview

Applied, employee referall, phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, then an in person interview with the hiring manager and a a couple of others that stopped by to ask introduce themselves and ask a few questions.

Whole process was plesant, everyone was very nice and answered any questions within a few minutes. They were very responsive and friendly.

They were quick to make their decision and then willing to be flexible to accomidate my schedule.

Interview Questions

• No trick or silly questions, the interviews were really more of a discussion of what needs they had and how I could fill them. Much better than asking a series of random questions.

Hard to say if the interview was difficult or easy, it depends on if you can meet their needs or not. I think it would be evident from the first call with HR and how well your skills match the job description.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (Seattle, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly lengthy. I had two phone interviews, one with a recruiter in HR and one with the hiring mgr. Then I had two onsite interviews. One with the hiring mgr and their peers, and another with the VP and some other stakeholders.

I imagine that the process is probably less intensive for individual contributors. Although it was a lot of work to get through the process, I found it was just as helpful for me to learn about the organization as they probably learned about me, and it ended up cementing my interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• In my case it was really more of a conversation than a series of specific questions. Ultimately it became a mutual exercise to determine if we were a good fit for each other.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tideworks Technology (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Followed the normal interview procedures, first a call then and in person with management and potential team members. They asked good insightful questions mostly focused on if I would be a good cultural fit. They weren't so concerned with my background other than if i had experience in the shipping industry

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you worked on in the past that could be applicable if you worked here?   Answer Question