Time Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.7

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Very extensive interview process to assess your talent. All of the people I met with were smart, knowledgeable, and had interesting careers thus far. They are trying to weed out top notch talent vs. mediocre ones.

Interview Questions

• Lots of typical interview questions, general knowledge about the industry, and understanding of recent trends.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Got phone interview with HR first and was invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interviewers were all very nice and the whole process was pretty laid back. They introduced a lot about the whole team and daily jobs and were willing to answer all questions.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Four rounds of one to one interview session with manager and other team members. More of behavioral questions than technical. At last had 40 minutes of phone interview which was technical. Everyone were super friendly. A great company to work and build one's career. I would love to join Time Inc. you will love the weather and views outside the office.

Interview Questions

• How LVM snapshot works? And working mechanism of ZFS snapshot?   Answer Question
    • Standard Linux interview questions? If you know the Linux basics you will be fine.   Answer Question

Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Submitted application and heard back a week after the deadline. Was asked to partake in a video interview where I was asked 4 questions. Was never contacted directly by a recruiter.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Pleasant and formal pre-screen phone interview with talent director. Follow-up on-site interview was not impressionable. Did not get interviewed by managers I was scheduled to meet with. Instead, I was met with two designers of the team. Not a bad thing as you would get to know the daily run of the show. However, they seemed unprepared to interview me with any relevant or useful questions. I felt that I was leading the interview process instead.

I did email talent director a follow-up email for an update post interview. No response.

Editor Interview

Interview

Great! Communicative and nice. The hiring manager was kind, and she wrote me a thoughtful email even though I didn't get the offer. The entire process took about 2.2 months, though, so be patient.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

My would be supervisor met me at a restaurant, and basically confirmed that on the strength of the recommendation he was already prepared to recommend I be hired. He then proceeded to list what the job expectations were. He also explained what the responsibilities and tools of the role would be. Both of those were exaggerated beyond reality.

Interview Questions

• "You've done that before right?" "that" refers to all the duties he'd listed in our conversation, which I was and am experienced in, but it was a most informal conversation.   1 Answer

Postgraduate Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Submit an online application, then wait months (or weeks depending on how early you submit your application) to receive an invitation to a video interview on the Take the Interview platform. This was only four questions, and you had 30 seconds to 1 minute to come up with your response.

Interview Questions

• Name a recent time that you've had to make a quick decision, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a call from HR, asked basic questions. Then had two on sites with managers, director, & VP. Everyone was very laid back and cool. If you can explain why you want to work there and what skills you have to offer, you'll be fine.

Postgraduate Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application online, heard back a week or two after the application deadline requesting a video interview. Video interview consisted of pre-set questions, had about a minute to record your answer then submit video