Time Out Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Out Group Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Time Out Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was quite lengthy in that it started with 1 phone call with HR, then 1 face to face with a manager, then 1 face to face with a director, and finally 1 face to face with a senior director / VP. They wanted to know about my past (as most employers do), but then more specifically wanted to know who I worked with and what connections I had. They seemed to be very interested in what I could bring to the table from a connection stand-point rather than what I can do and my abilities. In all honesty, what's to stop an interviewee from name dropping some big organizations. It seems like that's all you need to do to make them smile. Well that and close an unrealistic amount of business.

Interview Questions

• What connections/clients do you have? (this is a double-edged sword so be careful)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't budge at all, but after taking the position I'm 100% positive there was wiggle room if I decided to walk which is rather disappointing. Ugh.

Editorial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time Out Group in April 2013.

Interview

Brief phone call (around 10 minutes), very general questions (nothing too scary), editor seemed like he was in a rush. You will be asked to write an article to see if your style is suitable for the magazine, which is also due as soon as possible. You will get an email a week later with their decision.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Out Group (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I initially spoke with a recruiter and gave him details about my skills and background. Afterwards, I met with the Lead Web Developer who asked in depth question to assess my skill level. After that, I met with the IT manager who asked about my experience and tried to gauge my attitude and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience have you had building websites using Drupal?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to create custom Views using Drupal?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Out Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview process for marketing interns began with a phone interview, most likely performed by a current marketing intern. Questions included previous work experience and availabilities. If offered an onsite interview was scheduled, prospective candidates met with the Marketing Director, Public Relations Manager, and Sponsorship Manager. Candidates were asked about previous work experience and briefed about what the position responsibilities would entail. The interview process closed with a statement asking the candidate if he or she had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you had to deal with a personal conflict in the work setting?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Out Group (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick & friendly. Warm atmosphere. Open to opinions. Three levels of interview: one with the HR, one with the marketing head & the CEO. Not a hard place to find. A very comfortable working environment

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years>

Q: What's direct & indirect marketing?

Q How would you market so&so events?
      Answer Question

Advertising Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Time Out Group.

Interview

The interview was casual and comfortable. Once the formalities of the resume review were through it became a conversation about ideas. It was held in the lobby. Once the interview concluded, the interviewer remained professional and did not hint toward acceptance or decline.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Time Out Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Email- basic questions, really easy

Online Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Out Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

emailed HR with resume. A lady from the digital team emailed me back and asked me to come in for an interview. 10 minute interview with someone senior in digital. One follow up interview with 2 digital seniors. Phone call to confirm the job. Difficult to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing out of the ordinary. Just asked to talk about your experience and what you would like to do at the firm. what your interests are. they are most concerned with job-person fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very difficult to negotiate. Salary was low and they persuade you that you will have a review after 3 and 6 months. The reviews never happened the whole time I was there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Out Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Just sent cv and letter. No biggie. Need contacts though, that will help big time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Internship!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Time Out Group in October 2011.

Interview

super hard to get to the office, but it was a definitely interesting environment. waited to go to the hiring manager's office for about 20 minutes. the questions asked were quite challenging and at times unrelated to the position. they didn't even let me know whether i got the internship or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where the manager was difficult?   Answer Question