Toffler Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toffler Associates Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toffler Associates

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toffler Associates in November 2015.

Interview

Very informal and personal. They describe it as "courting" potential candidates before they have actual positions to fill. I met with 3 different people and asked more questions than they did. They were very open and engaging, and it was helpful to have 3 different perspectives.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toffler Associates.

Interview

Very rigorous. I wish that I had put as much time into researching them as they took to research me. They ask for all sorts of information to include social media sites. Unlike most employers they take the time to follow up on references and seek to dig up additional information not provided as part of an effort to fully profile the candidate prior to the interview.

Due to the virtual concept most employees either work from home or have the option to go to the main office. Therefore, the interview is conducted over lunch with one of the seniors from the cool kids circle. If they like you disposition and attitude they will recommend you for additional consideration. Overall, the process takes about a month. On boarding is fairly straight forward, but security clearances tale time to pass to various locations.

Interview Questions

• The one question that stands out during the interview is when I was asked how I feel about working in an unstructured environment with little supervision. At the time I though, gee I am grown up and I am very responsible. So I should do well. What I did not know is that there was another part of the question that was NOT asked. The question should have been phrased as: "How do you feel about working in an unstructured environment with little supervision and next zero guidance?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to it. Tell them what you want and they will counter.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toffler Associates (Reston, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very detailed questions about projects I worked on, they kept pushing me to say the actual names of the customers , I guess they were trying to "check out my network."

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a person you wouldn't want to work with". That was the easy part. But then they followed up with, "What if that person was your customer?". Another strange question was "Why did you choose to get an MBA from this school?" (note, my MBA is from the top 10 school)   Answer Question

The project they considered me for was more qualitative than quantitative and that's not the type of work I do anymore. Plus, I didn't want to do only government consulting work which I thought I made clear during both phone and in person interviews.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toffler Associates (Reston, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Basic behavorial interview with some case studies thrown in at a very superficial level. Your typical phone screen and then an in person interview. The hole process took about a month but when they finally presented an offer they wanted a response in 24 hours. That was a little off-putting since they did not seem to be in a hurry throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Discussed roles on prior engagments and areas of expertise.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toffler Associates.

Interview

Conducted a detailed phone interview, followed by an in person case / behavior focused on some specific client issues. Interview was pretty formal, but was a good experience. The leadership I interviewed with knew thier clients, understood challenges, and seemed extremely bright. Also provided great insight into the way the firm views the world, which was appealing to me.

Following in person, moved to discussions with the operations staff on compensation and package for transitioning

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard negotiating process, no red flags or unexpected issues