Tokyo Electron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tokyo Electron

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tokyo Electron (Telephone, TX).

Interview

Came home from vacation to a phone message. Call the interested party back. Was offered job without any interview.
    References and resume' spoke for themselves.
    Employer check references before interview.

Employer mentioned that overtime was necessary, and if you could do this. Then the job was yours.
    I never heard of this company before the interview.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tokyo Electron (Beaverton, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was from 5 people from TEL. Questions came from all of them. Not much time to think. ASked questions on basic plasma theory, vacuum theory, electronics both analog & digital.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to assemble some piping.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tokyo Electron (Albany, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Had applied online for a process engineer position and got a call within 2 weeks for initial screening. After screening was invited for on-site interview. On-site consisted of 8 1:1 interviews on behavioral, technical questions. Offer is still in process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didnot negotiate since this was my first job after PhD.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tokyo Electron (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in August 2017.

Interview

1. Phone interview for 30 minutes by HR about position and job description in Mandarin, followed by self intro in Japanese, then confirm interview date and time.
    2. First round interview 10:30am~3:45pm in Hsinchu, Taiwan. Thirty minutes written test in Japanese. HR interview. Department head interview in Japanese and in English. Interview by another department head in Mandarin.
    3. Second round interview by department head, and by the top level manager of the site.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tokyo Electron.

Interview

Submitted my profile to the job posted on the www.tel.com site. I was called for a phone screen to ensure I meet the minimum qualifications of the job. My in-person interview consisted of a 5 people in the panel. It was a organized process & efficient. The questions appeared to reflect back the the requirments of the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a successful business partnership you have had in the past. How did you build and maintain the relationship?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you interfaced across multiple internal departments to ensure customer expectations are exceeded?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter explained the compensation practice at TEL - I understood where my offer was compared to the current employees in similar roles. I felt it was a very fair offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yokohama, Kanagawa (Japan)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tokyo Electron (Yokohama, Kanagawa (Japan)) in September 2008.

Interview

1. Resume Filtering
    2. Personal Interview
         Background/ history questions
         Attitude Check
         Check for clear Vision and approach
         Language skills (English/ Japanese both)
         Discussions of profile and needs
         HR person talks etc.

# Sometimes they organize IQ/ Technical/ personality Tests.
    ## They ask for DRUG/ health certificates at the time of joining.

Interview Questions

• Describe your self in three words.   1 Answer
    • Worst and best things in you   1 Answer
    • Your history, and Why our organisation ??   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation were not there, they didn't consider any suggestion/ request, it seems like they have there hardcore rules.

But heard stories from the other guys, that they were able to get really good negotiations.
     So it depend on the HR personal and you :-(