Topgolf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2018

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Topgolf.

Interview

I have never been to an interview quite like they have at Top Golf. I had so much fun and got to know so many different people. Did all kinds of interactive activities (Rick Flare Whoo). This was such an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us anything about yourself.   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Topgolf.

Interview

The first interview was on the phone with the recruiter and it was a fairly standard initial phone screen. The second interview was on the phone as well with 2 individuals from home office, this one was a little more in depth and targeted questions about my experience for the position. The third and final interview was in person with the Director of Operations so it was very comfortable and relaxed, virtually all conversation versus questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• How you manage having multiple urgent deadlines all at once.   Answer Question

Event Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Topgolf (Edison, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

Started off with a phone screening by a recruiter who then set up a face to face interview at the facility. During the in person interview I met with the Director of Sales, and Operations Managers. After I was asked several questions by all of them I was given a tour of the facility. The whole process took about an hour and a half. Just wish I knew my competition was against an internal employee. You never really have a fair shot in that circumstance.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Topgolf (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2018.

Interview

Honestly people who write on here usually only complain but I have nothing but nice things to say about the interview process and the recruitment team. This is a growing company and with that there is growing pains. I read a lot about lack of communication and I think that all has to do with the growth/hiring rate that is happening. Tyler was my recruiter and was awesome through the whole process!

It started with a LinkedIn message followed by a very comfortable phone call/interview. He described the position, salary, and timeline of the process. No crazy interview questions that you typically see. Just real people talking. I knew all the basics about the position and didn't really have any questions except about commission and team goals.

After that it was followed by a Zoom call to the National Director of Sales. She was awesome and just wanted to get to know me, and how I would qualify. She answered the rest of the questions I had pertaining to numbers and growth.

Lastly there was an in-person interview with the National Director (person I had the second interview with) the National Director of Operations who opens all the locations, and the Director of Operations (the positions' direct boss.) Again very fun and comfortable. If you let your personality show they will appreciate it. This company is all about fun.

Interview Questions

• Are you fun or funny?
      How would you make the team feel like a team?
      Where you would have the Sales Manager go to get a presence in the community?
      Have you been to a Topgolf?   Answer Question

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I interviewed at Topgolf (Overland Park, KS) in June 2018.

Interview

The process is very different from what you would expect from a normal interview. It is very informal with the current employees their jumping around trying to get you to dance with them at the start. After that we did this create your event for top golf where I have no clue how they gathered anything from that. Then you play golf for like 2 hours while they go through a one on one interview process which took 2 minutes. They are looking for people who are cool with being loud and obnoxious around strangers and if you are not that way it is going to be a really uncomfortable experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Topgolf.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. Phone screen, followed by a "Zoom" video call with a senior Marketing Manager in the company, and finally an in-person interview with the property manager at the venue. Final interview included preparing a marketing presentation for the property, which was fun and helped me get to know the company better. Interviews were all relaxed, and for the most part easy.

After the final interview, communication was a mess. After my interview (13th), I was told a decision would be made the following week by Thursday (19th) or Friday (20th). I was emailed that following week saying they had more interviews, and told I would be contacted "early" the next week (23rd-27th). Had heard nothing by Friday (27th), so I emailed and was told I would be contacted that following Monday (30th). Monday came around and no communication. I gave it another day...and another. On Wednesday (2nd), I emailed following-up again, and was told I would be called first thing Thursday (3rd) morning. The call did come, and I was told that a decision still hadn't been made, and that I would be contacted Friday (4th) regarding a decision. Friday came and went, and no contact. I was called Saturday (5th) and told that "despite being extremely impressed with my presentation and qualifications, they offered the position to someone internal." However, they would love to offer me a part-time, hourly position. No, thank you. I will pass. Interview experience was great, but if this communication is an indication of the company's priorities, then I'm not sure I would fit into that environment anyways.

Junior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Topgolf.

Interview

Typical interview process but a bundled mess from the start. Communication is a hence there lack of from them in regards to saying a decision date all the way to completion.
    Started off as a phone screen followed by a video "zoom" conference followed by an in-person interview that included a project of getting to know your network and using past experience and how to value it in the future.
    After the presentation is where it all goes down hill and communication is a lack there of...
    30th: Personal interview scheduled along with project assignment
    13th: In-person interview about presentation
    20th: stated jr marketing manager position decision date (no response on date)
    24th: email in regards of a followup status (no response)
    26th: email response and decision status (response of 3/27 decision)
    27th: decision from phone call; offer of new salaried position interview
    28th: scheduled in-person interview
    3rd: in-person interview about new salaried position
    7th: thank you response about interview and collaboration began
    11th: stated date of final position decision but moved to 14th due to lack of collaboration
    14th: rescheduled date of final decision in regards to new salaried position...

Interview experience was great, interviewers knew what they were looking for and what to ask, but communication is a lack and could be a sign of how they talk to "home office"

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Topgolf (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

It took about 2 hours although they thought it would take three. I was so much fun there was group activities, fast paced one on one questions, and golf! They let me know I was hired the day of too which is amazing!

Interview Questions

• Name one time you did something caring for someone else   1 Answer

POS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Topgolf (Dallas, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process was basic. Check your skill set, as well as interaction with others. Background screening. General interview questions about personal life, work experience, any special about yourself. It took about a week for all the documentation to come back.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working with POS   1 Answer

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Topgolf (Bridgeville, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

This with a unique experience not a job interview, Although they are watching you as you interact with other candidates. It’s a very fun atmosphere very relaxed atmosphere there really looking to see how well you work with people you don’t know for the first time and how you become a team in the end. There was a round of kind a like speed dating where you get about 10 seconds to answer a question that is very random. Top golf is an entertainment venue , therefore the audition process is very entertaining. Someone had wrote a review saying don’t bother if you’re over 45 going to the interview because they’re only hiring young people. This is not true they were quite a few over 45 people including myself there. I was hired the next day. I am so looking forward to working for this company and becoming part of the family.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Topgolf in March 2018.

Interview

Led me to believe I would be hired by stoking my excitement and sending me benefit information before I was offered the job.
    They were not showing up for their scheduled interviews.
    Manager didn't have the courtesy to reconnect after we were disconnected on our video call. He gave me a bogus number to call him back at.