Torchy's Tacos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Torchy's Tacos

1.7

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Torchy's Tacos (Katy, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was overall very short, but it went very well and the interviewer seemed very nice as well. He asked me a few questions about my previous work experience, my availability, etc. He said he would consider hiring me after a second interview with another manager during that same week, but never followed up with me for a second interview. I even emailed him back asking when they would be ready for me to come in for that second interview but never heard back from them which was quite weird to me and kind of unprofessional as well.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Lots of questions on customer services, what would you do in this situation kind of stuff.. could you work any of these positions... essential are you willing to work hard and get the job done.

General Manager Interview

Interview

it was quick - they have extremely high turnover and are desperate for managers. They have multiple stores pushing random employees through MIT who have no business being managers. Lubbock is the biggest problem with most of their managers going through training only lasting 1 - 3 months.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torchy's Tacos (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called, asked basic questions about leadership and motivation. Set up a personality quiz. Once personality test was submitted the recruiter email about sending a survey for references, two managers and two subordinates or coworkers. Recruiter calls again to set up interview with GM. Gm was cool, talked about growth of the company. Few days later recruiter calls again to ask about time available for interview with District Manager for a Real Job Preview. I go on a Saturday and it lasts about two to three hours. Show you how the store functions and what it's like during busy hours. Sit down and talk about myself and asks questions. DM asked me how much I would like, mistakenly I low balled somewhere above average for my area. He says "that's within our range". Recruiter calls four days later with a verbal offer. Says she will have offer letter sent by end of the day. Get call later that day about setting up an interview with another DM. Accept and hear she will be working on my offer letter. Meet with another DM next Tuesday and goes well. Cover leadership, experience, motivation, store issues, and shifts. DM says you I will hear back in a couple of days. I send an email Thursday as a follow up for the offer letter. Get call at 4:20 p.m. Friday from recruiter saying they would love for me to come in as a Shift Lead although they do not have currently have any of those positions to offer on my area. Month long process. Great people and the company has a bright future I believe.

Do not stop applying for jobs until you have officially signed something.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Torchy's Tacos (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Dingy accounting manager interviewed me. Really unprofessional. Not a good first impression at all. One of the owners was also there. She was more intelligent, but a bit cold.

Expo Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Torchy's Tacos (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very casual and friendly - i had one manager giving me the real interview while another sat at my side eating on his break and reassuring me that i was doing good. Probably the best interview i've ever had. I felt instantly at home.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Torchy's Tacos (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received an email for a phone interview request 10 days later. Phone interview went very smooth and the recruiter already had a good understanding of my experience from my resume. We were able to easily talk about the role, the company and culture. The best part was that it was a open and candid conversation, and I didn't feel probed for answers or set up with complicated, lengthy questions. Within 30mins of getting off the phone, I was invited for and in-person interview with the director. During my in-person, I felt like a special guest and the department director wanted to get to know all about me. It was probably the most comfortable interview I'd say I've been in, despite how nervous I actually was. Within 4 hours, I heard back later that day about the next step, which was a project presentation to the founder and director. It was a challenge, since I had about 4 days to put something solid together, but I managed and they loved it. Then came the hard part (which I was told they were still interviewing candidates) so I waited about 10 days to hear back. Once my references checked out, about 3 days later an offer was made! I was so happy to experience this process, because honestly Torchy's recruiting team knows what they're doing!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Torchy's Tacos (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process is very streamlined on account of the limited responsibilities of the task.
    It served primarily to see if my schedule would sync well with their current needs and if I was responsible enough to keep the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you any experience with dealing with customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Torchy's Tacos (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was never called in, and I went to the location, where they interviewed me on the spot because the location hadn't yet opened and training was starting soon. They reviewed my resume and asked questions about how I would speak to costumers, whether i would be available once school started, and why I was interested in working for the business. Then, they told me I was hired and gave me training dates!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Torchy's Tacos (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied in-person. The manager on duty interviewed me shortly after I submitted my finished application. I'm a college student so my availability wasn't what he needed but he really enjoyed me so he called a manger at a nearby location and set up an interview with me there the next day. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How long do I expect to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This was my first job so I was offered base pay ($7.50). When I was promoted to cashier I got a dollar raise.